• 2 Post By Cuz
  • 5 Post By scotty51312
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Time off question

T-boner is offline Associate Member

Time off question

Do I really need 3 months off?
    I'm on TRT 150mg per week year round. I've been doing 2 cycles per year. 3 months on 3 months off. No orals.
    I leave my TRT dose the same year round. On cycle I just add short esters like test prop and tren ace. If I add a long ester I cut it off early so everything clears at the same time. Within about 5-6 days of ending a cycle I feel normal. After a month I feel like going back on cycle. I pull blood work 6 weeks after last pin. Its always normal. Sometimes rbc is at the high end of normal but still in normal range.
    How much time off do I really need?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Being on TRT I don’t see the need to take as much time off. I’ve gone back to back with minimal breaks (2-6 weeks) and been just fine. If your labs support it, I don’t see why that couldn’t be the case for you either. How old are you?
    MaxiMyME and Testie like this.

I'll be 46 in 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by T-boner View Post
    I'll be 46 in 3 weeks

Ya man, I think you’re good to go.

I’m 45 as well (happy birthday by the way).

I think it’s more about recovery of your HPTA when you’re younger. Obviously we need to monitor RBC, lipids, BP and some other markers, but if you’re running labs I don’t see why not.

I know for me, that’s when I’ve had my best gains. Post 40, on TRT and going closer back to back
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Run labs frequently as said if something gets too far out of range you know its time to back off
    SampsonandDelilah and Testie like this.

Thanks guys. I just need to time it so my test level is normal for my Dr appointment.

Thanks guys. I just need to time it so my test level is normal for my Dr appointment.

Ya, that’s the hard part. I was recently busted by mine who threatened to fire me after 5 years together. Needless to say he gave me 6 weeks to “clean up” and came back in within range.

Definitely need to stay on top of that...

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Ya, that’s the hard part. I was recently busted by mine who threatened to fire me after 5 years together. Needless to say he gave me 6 weeks to “clean up” and came back in within range.

Definitely need to stay on top of that...
    Doc's who act that way really piss me off. My primary care person is a Nurse practitioner, My test levels came back just under 300 for total T with the lower limit being 280 (free test was same way right at lower limit) he said I was fine. My reaction was I want to be on TRT and want my total t levels to be around 1000. Are you going to get me where I'm going to be or do I need to go find someone else? He wrote the script had his boss sign it and then asked me how I felt about HGH for age management.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I’m sure there are more things to be concerned with than the HPTA. Systemic inflammation is one of them. HDL goes to shit, even on moderate TRT doses for many people. HDL should be above 55-60 ideally. Guys walking around saying “bloods look normal” when their HDL is 23. Elevated hormones are not healthy. Cardiomyopathy is not healthy. High blood pressure is not healthy. Things to think about. It’s not gonna stop most of us from doing what we do. Do you guys ever get a moment of “clarity” that feels like a mini panic attack for a few seconds and you think “ wtf am I doing to myself?”

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    And THAT is exactly how it ought to go every time!
    For a malpractice suit. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cylon357 likes this.

MaxiMyME is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I’m sure there are more things to be concerned with than the HPTA. Systemic inflammation is one of them. HDL goes to shit, even on moderate TRT doses for many people. HDL should be above 55-60 ideally. Guys walking around saying “bloods look normal” when their HDL is 23. Elevated hormones are not healthy. Cardiomyopathy is not healthy. High blood pressure is not healthy. Things to think about. It’s not gonna stop most of us from doing what we do. Do you guys ever get a moment of “clarity” that feels like a mini panic attack for a few seconds and you think “ wtf am I doing to myself?”
    Only after I injected myself with compounds never tested in humans. Hey I'm still here though! And labs look good.

Let's call it "a contribution to knowledge" all in the name of science

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    Sometimes, maybe, but I get sick of docs that are like 'your numbers are within normal range so you are fine'.. like sh!t doc, any chimp can read a report and see that 251 is more 250, how about you treat the PATIENT, not the numbers?!?! Like, oh, I don't know, do your effing job!

Mini-rant over
    Oh- don’t tell me. Had the test and test was way low , but I just turned 50 the free test “min level” changed at 50. I was at the min however had I had the results 3 days earlier, I would have been out of range. Female endo said the risk was not worth the reward. Like she really knows.

You got me going Cyclone. The thing that pisses me off is I went through 6 years of low T and had no idea what was going on. I thought that is how you are supposed to feel in your 40’s. I had never taken AAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cylon357 likes this.

My HDL is good. I always do a full panel of bloodwork. I'm on a good fish oil daily so my cholesterol is always great.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Do I really need 3 months off?
    I'm on TRT 150mg per week year round. I've been doing 2 cycles per year. 3 months on 3 months off. No orals.
    I leave my TRT dose the same year round. On cycle I just add short esters like test prop and tren ace. If I add a long ester I cut it off early so everything clears at the same time. Within about 5-6 days of ending a cycle I feel normal. After a month I feel like going back on cycle. I pull blood work 6 weeks after last pin. Its always normal. Sometimes rbc is at the high end of normal but still in normal range.
    How much time off do I really need?
    A nice break is good for numerous reasons but in your situation you might try 6-8 weeks and see how that works for you.

Thread Information