Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    the.muscled.lawyer's Avatar
    the.muscled.lawyer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    117

    T3 Yes or Not ? if Yes how ? and how much ?

    Hi everybody,

    I would like to have some advice about an eventual T3 cycle.

    I am considering starting a T3 cycle so I did my homework.

    I am on a diet for 6 months (lost 17 kg - 7 got back) and I am struggling to lose some fat.

    My numbers :

    1.88 (6.2 ft)
    from 34% BF to 26%
    I am lifting weights for 7 years

    two sisters who have hypothyroidism

    Blood test done two days ago :

    TSH : 1.53 mU/L
    0.3 - 4. 5 (normal values according to labo)
    free T3 : 5.08 pmol/L
    3.23 - 6.47
    free T4 : 15.23 pmol/L
    9.03 - 23.22

    Diet : (2400 kcal TDEE)

    50% protein
    30% carbs (carbs and I are not friends)
    20% fat


    Workout :

    4 times/week = cardio 40 min or boxing 1h
    bodybuilding workout : 3-4 times/week - 1h but dynamic workout

    Can I safely start a cycle of T3 between 12.5 et 50 mcg MAX of t3 per day ? I don t wanna mess with my thyroid gland.

    I know Cytomel burns lean mass too but no problem I am an endomorph body type so I gain muscle and fat very fast.

    Any recommendation ?
    Any advice ?

    I don't want to use clenbuterol.

    Never used steroids.
    Heart check by cardiologist and everything is OK (Hamdoulah)


    Please, no paternalist advice.
    Last edited by the.muscled.lawyer; 10-31-2020 at 11:00 AM.

  2. #2
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,994
    Honestly I wouldn't do T3 by itself. If anything you'll look softer than you did before you started. Y, ou could end up losing nothing but lean mass. Read the profile on T3 there are methods of pyramiding the dose if you insist on running it by itself. The thyroid doesnt' work like your HTPA and testosterone . Your thyroid will bounce right back. Also you won't really see much result at 50mcg either. 50mcg is a good starting point to pyramid up from. I've taken it with and ECA stack while on test to cut and it worked nicely
    Last edited by scotty51312; 10-30-2020 at 10:54 PM.

  3. #3
    the.muscled.lawyer's Avatar
    the.muscled.lawyer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    117
    Thank your for your reply.

    But how to be sure not to screw with my thyroid ?

  4. #4
    Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Asia but not Asian.
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by the.muscled.lawyer View Post
    Thank your for your reply.

    But how to be sure not to screw with my thyroid ?
    A real doctor should guide you. T3 is not a solution for weight loss without constant hormone tests and Dr reviews.

    If you have family history with Thyroid issues it is worth your time to not do T3 or pay to do it correctly.

  5. #5
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,394
    You need to give the reference ranges of the tests. Each lab has different reference ranges depending on the test and the units of measure.
    First off, your body produces about 25 mcg so 25 or less will have no impact.
    Remember T3 is like a stimulant and can cause hear issues like atrial fibrillation if taken in too high a dose.
    I have overdone stimulants and it has resulted in atrial fibrillation. You don’t know you have it until they check you with an ECG. Then they tell you that you are a walking time bomb. A little exaggerated but that is how I took it. LOL
    Getting back to T3- I am unaware of any studies proving that external intake of T3 will cause damage to you thyroid or that it won’t. People with thyroid issues do take medication and I am unaware of issues of further damaging the thyroid. I have taken both T4 and T3 when I had a perfectly functioning thyroid. I no longer have a thyroid but it is not related to this subject.
    Personally, I would not recommend using T3 for your weight control. If you did, I would not recommend going above 50 mcg. I have gone as high as 100, but do not recommend it. You do t need all of this crap just to lose weight- you got this.
    First off, weight loss is a change in lifestyle. If you don’t change your lifestyle, you may lose it and the. Put it on again. Same with taking T3. You may lose it. It will come back. I guarantee it. It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on diet by counting your macros. Make prepared meals. I compete and the only way I can get to the levels I need to is to have things already when it is time for me to eat. I cook on the weekends for my food on the weekdays.
    You do not mention how many calories. Do you know what your TDEE is?
    You have been doing fine, so I recommend keep going. I went from 240-165 in nine months drug free. A shitload of cardio 2 x day and a strict diet. You can too. I was on a mission to lose it, and you can too.
    Please keep us posted on your decision and results. I would really like to know how things go


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,210
    Blog Entries
    162
    Please check out this excellent guide on T3.

    T3: A complete guide to cycling T3 and how it works
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

  7. #7
    the.muscled.lawyer's Avatar
    the.muscled.lawyer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You need to give the reference ranges of the tests. Each lab has different reference ranges depending on the test and the units of measure.
    First off, your body produces about 25 mcg so 25 or less will have no impact.
    Remember T3 is like a stimulant and can cause hear issues like atrial fibrillation if taken in too high a dose.
    I have overdone stimulants and it has resulted in atrial fibrillation. You don’t know you have it until they check you with an ECG. Then they tell you that you are a walking time bomb. A little exaggerated but that is how I took it. LOL
    Getting back to T3- I am unaware of any studies proving that external intake of T3 will cause damage to you thyroid or that it won’t. People with thyroid issues do take medication and I am unaware of issues of further damaging the thyroid. I have taken both T4 and T3 when I had a perfectly functioning thyroid. I no longer have a thyroid but it is not related to this subject.
    Personally, I would not recommend using T3 for your weight control. If you did, I would not recommend going above 50 mcg. I have gone as high as 100, but do not recommend it. You do t need all of this crap just to lose weight- you got this.
    First off, weight loss is a change in lifestyle. If you don’t change your lifestyle, you may lose it and the. Put it on again. Same with taking T3. You may lose it. It will come back. I guarantee it. It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on diet by counting your macros. Make prepared meals. I compete and the only way I can get to the levels I need to is to have things already when it is time for me to eat. I cook on the weekends for my food on the weekdays.
    You do not mention how many calories. Do you know what your TDEE is?
    You have been doing fine, so I recommend keep going. I went from 240-165 in nine months drug free. A shitload of cardio 2 x day and a strict diet. You can too. I was on a mission to lose it, and you can too.
    Please keep us posted on your decision and results. I would really like to know how things go


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your useful comment.

    I will keep you posted.

    Problem is : A cheat day and I gain the weight back.

    Congratulations !!!! 75 LBS in 9 months with a bunch of cardio (by the way I hate cardio, I would rather do a boxing workout).

    My goal is to reach 10% BF and I doubt this can be "reachable" without T3 or another anabos.

    Kind regards.

  8. #8
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,210
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by the.muscled.lawyer View Post
    Thank you for your useful comment.

    I will keep you posted.

    Problem is : A cheat day and I gain the weight back.

    Congratulations !!!! 75 LBS in 9 months with a bunch of cardio (by the way I hate cardio, I would rather do a boxing workout).

    My goal is to reach 10% BF and I doubt this can be "reachable" without T3 or another anabos.

    Kind regards.
    10% is literally not hard naturally.

  9. #9
    the.muscled.lawyer's Avatar
    the.muscled.lawyer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Please check out this excellent guide on T3.

    T3: A complete guide to cycling T3 and how it works
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    I just finished the reading of this guide ! Excellent !

    Thank you.

  10. #10
    the.muscled.lawyer's Avatar
    the.muscled.lawyer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    10% is literally not hard naturally.
    For someone like me yes it is !!!

  11. #11
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bulkville
    Posts
    5,859
    Quote Originally Posted by the.muscled.lawyer View Post
    Thank you for your useful comment.

    I will keep you posted.

    Problem is : A cheat day and I gain the weight back.

    Congratulations !!!! 75 LBS in 9 months with a bunch of cardio (by the way I hate cardio, I would rather do a boxing workout).

    My goal is to reach 10% BF and I doubt this can be "reachable" without T3 or another anabos.

    Kind regards.
    Most men can reach 10% naturally, problem is when you cut naturally most , if not all your fucking hard earned muscle is lost and you end up looking like shit in a bodybuilding perspective.

    If you dont mind looking like a triathlon runner then 10% is doable, genetics help obviously alot. Looking at your avatar you shouldnt have a problem i wouldnt bother with T3 naturally imho, probably would look worse than if you didnt use anything at all and stayed natty but just my 2, im by no means knowledgeable on getting shredded up

  12. #12
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,394
    PleAse Post ranges on bloods. I think it may be mental. The reason I say this is because I thought the same thing until I got serious. I was stuck and gaining weight back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,210
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Most men can reach 10% naturally, problem is when you cut naturally most , if not all your fucking hard earned muscle is lost and you end up looking like shit in a bodybuilding perspective.

    If you dont mind looking like a triathlon runner then 10% is doable, genetics help obviously alot. Looking at your avatar you shouldnt have a problem i wouldnt bother with T3 naturally imho, probably would look worse than if you didnt use anything at all and stayed natty but just my 2, im by no means knowledgeable on getting shredded up
    I think this is key here and it is also mentioned in the guide you read. Using some test with t3 would be strongly recommended imho.

  14. #14
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,394
    Remember T3 is a stimulant. If you have heart issues ( ie atrial fibrillation, etc), guaranteed to check thyroid lévels. That is why I do not recommend more than 50.
    I’ve been there and done that. Just trying to give my experiences that are real and not textbook readings.
    Everyone is different and reacts different and everyone has their own goals and how to get there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    the.muscled.lawyer's Avatar
    the.muscled.lawyer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Remember T3 is a stimulant. If you have heart issues ( ie atrial fibrillation, etc), guaranteed to check thyroid lévels. That is why I do not recommend more than 50.
    I’ve been there and done that. Just trying to give my experiences that are real and not textbook readings.
    Everyone is different and reacts different and everyone has their own goals and how to get there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will but I think I will stay away from anabos and T3 for now, just to lose more weight (fat).

    Thank you for your contribution !

  16. #16
    the.muscled.lawyer's Avatar
    the.muscled.lawyer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Most men can reach 10% naturally, problem is when you cut naturally most , if not all your fucking hard earned muscle is lost and you end up looking like shit in a bodybuilding perspective.

    If you dont mind looking like a triathlon runner then 10% is doable, genetics help obviously alot. Looking at your avatar you shouldnt have a problem i wouldnt bother with T3 naturally imho, probably would look worse than if you didnt use anything at all and stayed natty but just my 2, im by no means knowledgeable on getting shredded up
    If I was like my avatar, I wouldn't mind losing weight !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •