Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lethal Hamburger

Thread: To Massage Post IM INJ or not to Massage; or maybe do not massage immediately after?.

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

To Massage Post IM INJ or not to Massage; or maybe do not massage immediately after?.

Title: To Massage Post IM INJ or not to Massage; or maybe do not massage immediately after?...

I guess the answer to this and other questions depends on the source of info.?
    or what the intent of the IM INJ is?

The RN below (Registered Nurse) who teaches IM INJ to her students (other nurses in training) on Youtube, seems to think as she states in the below vid...that massage can cause the Vaccine (she's a nurse)...to flow into the surrounding tissue and cause an abcess?

I've read that a massage like not Immediately after the injection...just letting the needle sit in the end plunged state for 10-20 seconds is enough for the juicec to fully go into the muscle, *but

*But a massage may be a great idea After a while, (not immediately after the injection) by applying a heating pad and gently massaging the spot, or a hot shower massage of the IM INJ site the next day (assuming the injection was done in the morning), in my case, the Pecs, 1 of my fave IM INJ sites is what I massage the next day under very warm almost hot water in order to break up any Lumps of oil that are under the skin and need to go about their way so that a sterile abcess or other abcess doesn't form....and the lumps do disappear faster after a massage like this.

Here's the RN's vid....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHnd3N-5Ns&t=321s

anyone have any ideas or comments on this?
    Last edited by NiceGuyResearcher; 12-17-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Lethal Hamburger is offline Junior Member
    Niceguy, from my experience administering 1000s of IM inj in research trials and pinning myself and others lol, massaging is not really needed for the medication to properly disperse.
    If you stick to the recommended inj site volumes and if the loaded syringe is pre warmed in a tall cup of hot water, there should be little if any pip or lasting irritation at the site of inj.
    This is of course anecdotal evidence, a physiological reason could exist or perhaps even due to the medications carrier oils or dose per ml some massaging may be required in these instances.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

Thread Information