Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere

Thread: How many pounds do you gain per week during a test c cycle?

TheDreamer is offline Associate Member

How many pounds do you gain per week during a test c cycle?

I gained 2.5 lbs this last week and the one before like 1.7. I'm keeping my calories 250 over the maintenance level. Today I started my 2nd week juicing. I don't feel like I'm gaining a lot of water right now. Just feel normal so far.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    All of them
    TheDreamer and Honkey_Kong like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    This depends on too many things to list. How much you gain is how much you will gain, and you'll find out.
    TheDreamer likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    I gained 2.5 lbs this last week and the one before like 1.7. I'm keeping my calories 250 over the maintenance level. Today I started my 2nd week juicing. I don't feel like I'm gaining a lot of water right now. Just feel normal so far.
    Feel means nothing in this area, until it’s an extreme so severe as to be problematic.
    I assure you, what you put on is a bunch of intracellular fluid, and that’s all it will be for the first few weeks. It takes about that long for all of the genomic upregulation responsible for increases tissue growth to be fully online.
    That said, you’re going about it the right way (not cramming in a bunch of pointless kcals and getting fat just to see the scale move because “gains”). Just temper your expectations, and keep doing exactly what you are for a bit.
    TheDreamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Feel means nothing in this area, until it’s an extreme so severe as to be problematic.
    I assure you, what you put on is a bunch of intracellular fluid, and that’s all it will be for the first few weeks. It takes about that long for all of the genomic upregulation responsible for increases tissue growth to be fully online.
    That said, you’re going about it the right way (not cramming in a bunch of pointless kcals and getting fat just to see the scale move because “gains”). Just temper your expectations, and keep doing exactly what you are for a bit.
    Thank you!
    So there doesn't seem to be a strict scale when juicing (unless it's extreme). Interesting.
    On a regular bulk (no test) I usually only gain 1 pound a week or even less than that. But since this is my first cycle I was just wondering if I was doing it the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    All of them
    Yes, I started with 100mg on my first week (to see how I react to test since I'm a newbie) and for the first full week (that is, last week) 250mg on wed and another 250 on sunday. I think I gained 2.5 pounds like I said. For the week I injected only 100mg (one time a week) like 1.8. I'm counting my calories and macros very carefully. Btw, I forgot to say that I had more carbs yesterday (perhaps slightly over my daily intake since saturdays is my cheat meal). Likely that a few more ounces of water were retained because of it. I'll see tomorrow morning.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    How much you gain depends really on a lot of things:

1. How much beyond your natural limit you are. If you look at pros, they're gaining like 7-10 pounds in a good year. And those guys are taking a hell of a lot more gear than you or I do. When you get to that level, gains come at a premium

2. What your diet looks like.

3. How you're training and frequency.

4. Genetics

So really, there is a lot of factors behind how much you'll gain. I made my biggest gains from my first couple cycles. If only I knew more about everything back then, I really could've had HUUUGE gains then. But that's why sites like this can be for your benefit. You got a plethora of experienced people to learn from
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 02-01-2021 at 12:12 AM.

Repook is offline New Member
    I’m week 7 into my test e cycle and I didn’t gain any weight until the 3 week mark . I’m not doing a dirt bulk I’m eating pretty healthy but 2600-3000 cal a day .
    So how do people gain weight in the first week and it took me 3 weeks ? I was at 76kg now sitting around 82kg and kinda slowed down by what the scales tell me but I feel like I’m getting bigger but not heavier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Repook View Post
    I’m week 7 into my test e cycle and I didn’t gain any weight until the 3 week mark . I’m not doing a dirt bulk I’m eating pretty healthy but 2600-3000 cal a day .
    So how do people gain weight in the first week and it took me 3 weeks ? I was at 76kg now sitting around 82kg and kinda slowed down by what the scales tell me but I feel like I’m getting bigger but not heavier ?
    Depends entirely on a LOT of factors. The weight gain the first few weeks is almost entirely fluid retention as things ramp up. Shit like diet (primarily sodium intake), specific drug choice, individual genomic expression, etc. can impact these things.
    Consider yourself fortunate. Yes, my weight goes up very quickly when I start a testosterone /19-nor heavy cycle, but that also means that I have to pay a lot more attention to blood pressure and the like as I’m going along.

Murph9 is offline New Member
    Cardio also plays a big factor. When I bulk I try to maintain my normal cardio to keep the weight as clean as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph9 View Post
    Cardio also plays a big factor. When I bulk I try to maintain my normal cardio to keep the weight as clean as possible.
    Cardio has nothing to do with fat deposition, other than reducing your surplus, which can be done via dietary controls. It’s great for other reasons, but that’s not one of them.
    Last edited by Gallowmere; 02-03-2021 at 12:54 AM.
    rise_against likes this.

Thread Information