• 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By Krb367

Thread: Do you pin fast or slow?

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Do you pin fast or slow?

Talking about the needle going in, not the rest of it. I tried but can’t get myself to dart it like how nurses do it. I slow down at the last moment. Sub q I can do quicker and I darted it a few times but it still makes me hesitate. Takes me 5-8 seconds for IM, and 2 for sub q.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I can't get myself to dart it in. I usually will put it up again the skin and slowly press until it breaks skin. Once it's past that point, I can move it the rest of the way fast.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I can't get myself to dart it in. I usually will put it up again the skin and slowly press until it breaks skin. Once it's past that point, I can move it the rest of the way fast.
    What HK said; that works for me too.

Darting on myself boils down to a question of aiming and injecting in the right spot. I sense a loss of control over the needle, when I am injecting myself, so I have to go with the slow push through the skin, and then the glide into the muscle tissue. Works for me.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Slow. Darting is fucking retarded. Health professionals only do it for expedience’s sake. It’s a long dated practice that largely originated from line up vaccination practices.
    It seriously has no positives, and multiple negatives: greater tissue trauma, higher likelihood of hitting a nerve since you can’t divert pathing during the process, etc.
    When I slowed down everything, my pip, bruising and oil puking (sterile abscess formation from rejected depots) went to near zero.
    TL;DR- stop trying to mimic the practices of a profession whose primary concern is “in and out as fast as possible”.
    Chark likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Been darting for years

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its one thing to stick someone else, its another to stick yourself.... I also do the slow push.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I figured it hurts less when they dart it, as far as when someone else does it for me. Then again I wouldn’t want to dart a nerve or something. 9/10 times there’s no issue, but that one time you get one that stings like a mofo, or a nerve that makes your hand twitch...

My buddy darts it in his quads. F that s.

I go in slowly in case I hit a nerve.

Not sure what happens if you dart right through a nerve.
    Anyone?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I go in slowly in case I hit a nerve.

Not sure what happens if you dart right through a nerve.
    Anyone?
    Unless you hit something like a sciatic nerve, odds of something as thin as even an 18g pin impaling it is near zero. It usually just gets shoved out of the way, but with the concomitant nasty muscle spams, temporary tingling or burning, etc.
    If you do actually manage to impale one, you’re likely going to end up with a contraction so hard that it makes it extremely difficult to extract the pin. Think trying to pull something out of a clen cramped calf. As for the problems afterward, it could be anywhere from nothing, to chronic pain, to loss of sensation, to total loss of function in the innervated tissues.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Fairly slow

Don’t pay attention to nurses/medical staff - they do this 100x per day - they don’t have time to care - they never aspirate either

Out of the 50 injections I had by nursing staff, I notice things - but, they are also not spot shooting a tricep

Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    And to think all this time.. I thought I was the only pussy slow fucking the syringe lol
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Thread Information