Results 1 to 30 of 30
Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Bigbadwolf250
  • 1 Post By warchild
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Chark
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 3 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Bigbadwolf250
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Scary blood work help

  1. #1
    Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    207

    Scary blood work help

    So 30 years old 230lbs 11%bf. Been blasting and cruising for a few years. Currently on 250 mg test.

    Got my blood work back and scared the hell out of me. Was planning on doing a cycle but scratching that until my levels come down. Going to donate blood asap.

    Attaching the ones below. Everything else came back normal other than rbc and kidney functions. Also Going to stop supplementing creatine.

    Talked to.my doctor going back in 3 weeks for more bloods
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scary blood work help-screenshot_20210511-231015_chrome.jpg   Scary blood work help-screenshot_20210511-230957_chrome.jpg  
    Last edited by Bigbadwolf250; 05-11-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    davimeireles likes this.

  2. #2
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,856
    Steroids increase RBC not a big deal but donate some blood at the Red Cross. Kidney could be elevated from creatine. Flush it out by stopping the creatine and drinking water and monitor BP. High BP is the silent kidney killer but I don’t think your close to that.
    Last edited by warchild; 05-11-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    davimeireles likes this.

  3. #3
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    I wouldn't sweat the creatinine too much. Keep an eye on your BP. It can have more effect on your eGFR than many people realize.

    FYI, my Hct is always high. I was 52.8% off cycle for years and prior to TRT. My Hgb and MCV runs high as well.
    davimeireles likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  4. #4
    Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    207
    Yea my bp is high been monitoring it with my doctor as well. Going to donate Thursday should I do regular blood or double red?

  5. #5
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,856
    What was your high BP? When did you take it? Did you have coffee or preworkout before? Those can elevate it. I would do a Double Red/ Power Red.

  6. #6
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,856
    I would also get a Lipid panel one on next labs to see where HDL and LDL are at. Especially if you did some orals recently. Testosterone can also lower affect cholesterol.

  7. #7
    Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I would also get a Lipid panel one on next labs to see where HDL and LDL are at. Especially if you did some orals recently. Testosterone can also lower affect cholesterol.
    Those were all I'm good range

  8. #8
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,077
    250 might be too high for TRT. Try 175.

  9. #9
    Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    250 might be too high for TRT. Try 175.
    Yea gonna cut it down for sure and cancel the blast

  10. #10
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Yea gonna cut it down for sure and cancel the blast
    Shoot try 150mg of cyp, but shoot 75 mg every 3.5 days. It's easier to increase the dose than it is to titrate the dose.

    Re: the Hct. As mentioned above a double red will get you a ~ 3% reduction. The only thing about a double red is you're deferred from donating for 112 days. However, in your case, I would do the double red, stick with your lower TRT dosage and then do whole blood which is 1 unit that you can donate every 56 days after the initial 112 days from the double red have passed.

    Edit: After you get somewhat leveled out, it wouldn't hurt to pull a complete iron panel or at least your ferritin levels to make sure you're not getting depleted.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-11-2021 at 11:50 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  11. #11
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,278
    I wouldn't be too worried about those numbers. Your eGFR is low, but it's not THAT LOW. Your creatinine level is going to be high just on the sheer fact that you do heavy exercise, you eat lots of protein and you might be taking creatine.

  12. #12
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried about those numbers. Your eGFR is low, but it's not THAT LOW. Your creatinine level is going to be high just on the sheer fact that you do heavy exercise, you eat lots of protein and you might be taking creatine.
    Yep. I'm almost willing to bet if the hypertension is kept under control, the eGFR will improve with a little time. Personally, I would drink a couple of glasses of ginger tea a day and supplement with Astragalus membranaceus.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  13. #13
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,278
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Yep. I'm almost willing to bet if the hypertension is kept under control, the eGFR will improve with a little time. Personally, I would drink a couple of glasses of ginger tea a day and supplement with Astragalus membranaceus.
    Yeah controlling the blood pressure is key. Also it was already said but drinking more water helps flush the system and limiting salt intake does help eGFR improve.


    Cutting salt will make a pretty noticeable difference. You can use something like that Potassium Chloride salt substitute (technically it's also a salt). If you sprinkle a little on your food, you can't really taste the difference. And as long as your potassium levels are ok and your BP is not too low, it's fine.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 05-12-2021 at 12:46 AM.

  14. #14
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Yeah controlling the blood pressure is key. Also it was already said but drinking more water helps flush the system and limiting salt intake does help eGFR improve.


    Cutting salt will make a pretty noticeable difference. You can use something like that Potassium Chloride salt substitute (technically it's also a salt). If you sprinkle a little on your food, you can't really taste the difference. And as long as your potassium levels are ok and your BP is not too low, it's fine.
    Shoot man, we never use salt anymore. Once you don't use it, you don't really miss it.

    Potassium is a tough one for me. I naturally deplete and I can't maintain a healthy level with diet alone. 20mEq of Klor-Con isn't enough and 40 is too much. Finally settled on 30mEq. Made my heart rhythm much happier!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  15. #15
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,278
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Shoot man, we never use salt anymore. Once you don't use it, you don't really miss it.

    Potassium is a tough one for me. I naturally deplete and I can't maintain a healthy level with diet alone. 20mEq of Klor-Con isn't enough and 40 is too much. Finally settled on 30mEq. Made my heart rhythm much happier!
    I tried to quit salt and food wasn't palatable anymore to me. A little bit of the fake salt and I'm happy. And I've had improvement in my eGFR from that. Mind you I've got 1 kidney thanks to a really bad event 20 years ago, so my numbers are always going to be bad in that dept.
    almostgone likes this.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I tried to quit salt and food wasn't palatable anymore to me. A little bit of the fake salt and I'm happy. And I've had improvement in my eGFR from that. Mind you I've got 1 kidney thanks to a really bad event 20 years ago, so my numbers are always going to be bad in that dept.
    Bad night of poker?

  17. #17
    Chark's Avatar
    Chark is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    519
    AG, have you tried the salt alternative NoSalt? Wonder if it would kill two birds for you as it's potassium chloride instead of sodium
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

  18. #18
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    AG, have you tried the salt alternative NoSalt? Wonder if it would kill two birds for you as it's potassium chloride instead of sodium
    I tried it, but it didn't help my levels rise, so it was on to Klor-Con.
    Chark likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  19. #19
    Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    207
    Should I do regular blood donation or double red. How's the recovery and training after a double red

  20. #20
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,585
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Should I do regular blood donation or double red. How's the recovery and training after a double red
    You'll be Ok in a day or two at the most. I am generalizing so you might respond differently.

  21. #21
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Should I do regular blood donation or double red. How's the recovery and training after a double red
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    You'll be Ok in a day or two at the most. I am generalizing so you might respond differently.
    Tarmyg is about the same as I am. I take it easy and eat a good meal post donation and rest. The next day, I'm back at it.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  22. #22
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Should I do regular blood donation or double red. How's the recovery and training after a double red
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    You'll be Ok in a day or two at the most. I am generalizing so you might respond differently.
    Tarmyg is about the same as I am. I take it easy and eat a good meal post donation and rest. The next day, I'm back at it.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,684
    remember... you have extra blood... so donating will not make you low...
    You'll be fine to work out the next day.
    Just make sure to hydrate yourself.

  24. #24
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,278
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Bad night of poker?
    Ever get in to a car with an Asian driver? Don't.
    Cylon357 and almostgone like this.

  25. #25
    Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    You'll be Ok in a day or two at the most. I am generalizing so you might respond differently.

    Should I start with a regular donation or the double red?

  26. #26
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Should I start with a regular donation or the double red?
    See post#10.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  27. #27
    Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    See post#10.

    So donated blood the other day and already feel great. Was going to start my blast this week of test 300 npp 300 and var. Should I postpone that until I recheck bloods. Would only test and var be too much or would that be ok?
    Cylon357 likes this.

  28. #28
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    So donated blood the other day and already feel great. Was going to start my blast this week of test 300 npp 300 and var. Should I postpone that until I recheck bloods. Would only test and var be too much or would that be ok?
    Yes, recheck bloods before any blasting.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  29. #29
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,963
    Only having one kidney would be a clincher for me. Wouldn't take steroids and risk going on dialysis
    almostgone likes this.

  30. #30
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,077
    Ric Drasin was born with one kidney and lived to be 76. Did steroids throughout his life. As long as one isn’t overdoing it and taking kidney toxic compounds like Tren or some orals, should be ok.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •