Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: drawing needle

tinymuscles is offline Junior Member

drawing needle

I noticed my 18 gauge drawing needles are EXTREMELY slow to come out… and have a foam type look to the test once it’s in the syringe. I realized that the drawing needles are filtered needles… Should I continue to use these or scrap them for unfiltered ones

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Nothing wrong with the filtered ones, but not really useful unless you're dealing with amps and are clumsy with snapping off the top.

Make sure you're pushing in the amount of air equivalent to the amount you're removing. Filtered will draw slower.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by tinymuscles View Post
    I noticed my 18 gauge drawing needles are EXTREMELY slow to come out… and have a foam type look to the test once it’s in the syringe. I realized that the drawing needles are filtered needles… Should I continue to use these or scrap them for unfiltered ones
    I wouldn't just throw them away, they're not going to ruin the gear. Next time just get the regular kind. You might want to heat up the vials in some warm (not hot to the touch) water. It'll make it a little less viscous and easier to pass through the filter.
    almostgone likes this.

tinymuscles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I wouldn't just throw them away, they're not going to ruin the gear. Next time just get the regular kind. You might want to heat up the vials in some warm (not hot to the touch) water. It'll make it a little less viscous and easier to pass through the filter.
    thanks for the tip!

Thread Information