• 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 3 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Pain during needle insertion

Hillside86 is offline New Member

Pain during needle insertion

Hey guys,
    Ran my first cycle back in 2006 and since then I've ran countless cycles. I took a good 3 year break and just now started back up on Test and Anavar . However I totally forgot about my left glute inject site being a bit problematic. I know where to to shoot, my right side is never an issue but at least 75% of the time I pin in the left glute I get a slight sharp pain just before Im all the way in so I end up just going with the right side or a delt shot. I think being that its not 100% of the time that perhaps while twisting to that side I may being going in at a slight angle. What are your guys experience with such cases? Its not a paralyzing pain or anything but I'm nervous it could be a nerve which is why I pull back, or is it just scar tissue from regular shots? Again, its not super painful but just enough to alarm me.
    Thanks in advance.

Spumps is offline New Member
    Do you inject the same place every time you inject your left glute?

Not in the exact same spot. I try to move around maybe a half inch.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I’m not sure man, but the only left side of my body I’m comfortable pinning is my delt, cause I do it with my right hand. The left glute or quad, I tend to get more pain for some reason. I anticipate it, which makes it worse. You’re problem hitting some nearby nerve. Try changing the injection site by an inch and see how it goes. What length needle do you use?
    Dgs59 likes this.

I use 1inch and go until theres an indent so probably inch and quarter. When I first started I used 1.5 and felt it was too much.
    Thanks for the replies, Ill try shifting spots a little bit farther than I usually do and see if that works. Would you recommend going farther to the outside of the glute or more inside?

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillside86 View Post
    I use 1inch and go until theres an indent so probably inch and quarter. When I first started I used 1.5 and felt it was too much.
    Thanks for the replies, Ill try shifting spots a little bit farther than I usually do and see if that works. Would you recommend going farther to the outside of the glute or more inside?
    I’m no expert but I go for the outside. When I went too far inside I had to twist my body too much. Then my body kind of pulls me back and if I’m holding an inserted pin it’s uncomfortable because it forces the angle to change. I try to look over my shoulder and not twist more than needed, and most importantly I’m trying to just relax and breathe deep. If I’m nervous it is more likely to be a bad shot.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillside86 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Ran my first cycle back in 2006 and since then I've ran countless cycles. I took a good 3 year break and just now started back up on Test and Anavar . However I totally forgot about my left glute inject site being a bit problematic. I know where to to shoot, my right side is never an issue but at least 75% of the time I pin in the left glute I get a slight sharp pain just before Im all the way in so I end up just going with the right side or a delt shot. I think being that its not 100% of the time that perhaps while twisting to that side I may being going in at a slight angle. What are your guys experience with such cases? Its not a paralyzing pain or anything but I'm nervous it could be a nerve which is why I pull back, or is it just scar tissue from regular shots? Again, its not super painful but just enough to alarm me.
    Thanks in advance.
    If you hit a nerve, you would have no doubt about what you hit. It's probably a little scar tissue (since you said you've hit that spot a lot in the past). You can try slightly moving the location around or hitting other muscles. I wouldn't recommend the quads, but delts are good.
    Dgs59, XnavyHMCS and lovbyts like this.

XnavyHMCS is online now Senior Member
    Hillside (strangler) 86 = There, fixed it for you...

You can mix it up with injection sirtes.

Personally I am darting in the glutes, delts (2 differing heads), triceps, biceps, pectorals and quads (with quads being my least favorite and most painful). Hell, there is even some British bloke (I believe...) by the name of Boos / Booz who is pinning in the traps... Another common injection site are the lats...

A sensation of pain is sometimes going to happen, either scar tissue (which I can feel tearing through the needle as I inject my glutes) or perhaps clipping / brushing a nerve...

Relax. If you hit the sciatic nerve (located lower and more to the inside), you're gonna know it.

Good luck.

Killah_Keith is offline Junior Member
    Half inch 30 gauge syringe.

Lats, traps, and delts. Kind of a pain in the ass to push the oil through that small gauge syringe. But you don't feel a thing.

1 in Long 25 gauge for glute medius. Least pain with no issues.

You might be hitting scar tissue, so more injection sites might help. But the first few times you pin a new area it will hurt and that spot. Virgin muscle.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    If you hit a nerve, you would have no doubt about what you hit. It's probably a little scar tissue (since you said you've hit that spot a lot in the past). You can try slightly moving the location around or hitting other muscles. I wouldn't recommend the quads, but delts are good.
    LOL, thats a fact. If you have to ask then the answer is no. If it felt like you got hit with 110v and your muscle jumped several inches then yes it was a nerve.

Yeah its easy to build up scar tissue and it seems to hang around a long time. Also MOST people IMO inject way to fast. Ive been on TRT over 10 years and it didnt take me long to realize that most of the time the pain/discomfort the next day and even sometimes bruising is not from the needle but from you blasting the liquid in the syringe into a muscle at mach speed.

I take at least 30 seconds or more to inject 1cc. I also dont dart anymore. Again, IMO going slow you are less likely to hit a nerve or at least can back out easily if you get close.

Another little tip (pun intended) if you have to insert the syringe more than once; say you are mixing test, deca , tren or whatever for a cycle after you have done your pull put on a new needle. You would be surprised how dull the needle gets and is a lot harder to break your skin. Pain during needle insertion-2328527271_5e2fd3f25e2432.jpg
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    LOL, thats a fact. If you have to ask then the answer is no. If it felt like you got hit with 110v and your muscle jumped several inches then yes it was a nerve.

Yeah its easy to build up scar tissue and it seems to hang around a long time. Also MOST people IMO inject way to fast. Ive been on TRT over 10 years and it didnt take me long to realize that most of the time the pain/discomfort the next day and even sometimes bruising is not from the needle but from you blasting the liquid in the syringe into a muscle at mach speed.

I take at least 30 seconds or more to inject 1cc. I also dont dart anymore. Again, IMO going slow you are less likely to hit a nerve or at least can back out easily if you get close.

Another little tip (pun intended) if you have to insert the syringe more than once; say you are mixing test, deca , tren or whatever for a cycle after you have done your pull put on a new needle. You would be surprised how dull the needle gets and is a lot harder to break your skin. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2328527271_5e2fd3f25e2432.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	181288
    Yeah, I remember somebody on here saying they go 1 min per CC. The more gentle you go, the less discomfort you experience (generally).
    lovbyts likes this.

Thread Information