Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone

Thread: High Blood Pressure/ Any advice appreciated

BakednotFriedd is offline New Member

High Blood Pressure/ Any advice appreciated

Can anyone give me tips for managing blood pressure ?

I've gone from 300mg test e PW to 135mg as a trt dose because my blood pressure sits above 140/70 most days.

I've been on trt for 2 weeks and no change in BP. I average 10'-15k steps a day and do 20 minutes moderate cardio at the end of my lifting sessions.

I'm maybe 12% body fat and track everything I eat. I'm starting telmistartan 40mg tonight so hopefully that makes a difference over the next month but if anyone here has their own experiences or tips would be much appreciated

Cheers

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You've taken a step in the right direction by starting the Telmisartan. Make sure to monitor your BP; preferably at least twice per day at the same time. Stay well hydrated and personally I would pull a self-ordered CBC to see how your blood count looks. Also, I would minimize any pre-workout or energy drinks.

If things don't improve over the next 4-6 weeks, or you begin feeling worse, I would get your PCP involved, although I wouldn't mention the TRT.

Moving this to Q&A for more input.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'll just add that Telmisartan works for many people, but it didn't for me. I had to go with Atacand/candesartan.

Also, you may need a different type of BP med. Instead of an ARB, you may need an ACE inhibitor or even a beta blocker. Your PCP should be able to help you with this.

Don't be shy needing a BP med. Some people assume the need for a BP med to be some sort of stigma and it's not.
    Honkey_Kong and JaneDoe like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information