Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cylon357

Thread: Is RU safe?

Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Is RU safe?

Was interested in trying RU for hairloss. On paper it sounds pretty great and the results people are having seem pretty solid. Used finasteride in the past but dropped it. Didn't like the way it made me feel. Obviously my main concern with ru is if it's safe. See people get cardiac related sides so just unsure about it. I have some on hand just hesitant to use it. I plan on running low dose npp in the summer as well so not sure if I can use that along with npp.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I think you will find that RU58841 is still too relatively new to have wide spread use. Lots of speculation about some celebrities using it (like Elon musk, I think?) but not enough of the general population yet.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    If you are using any form of gear I wouldnt recommend it. We put alot of stress on our hearts as is. Its a no from me just with the possibilities alone. Could you run it and be fine? Possible im sure, I just wouldnt advise it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    If you are using any form of gear I wouldnt recommend it. We put alot of stress on our hearts as is. Its a no from me just with the possibilities alone. Could you run it and be fine? Possible im sure, I just wouldnt advise it
    Good point. Was also just thinking about how it's topical. So I would intend to put it on my scalp at night then shower in morning. But I got a 1 year old so possibly being around her during night feedings and such seems like way too much of a risk.

Any recommendations for dht scalp blockers besides fin and dut?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I think you will find that RU58841 is still too relatively new to have wide spread use. Lots of speculation about some celebrities using it (like Elon musk, I think?) but not enough of the general population yet.
    Apparently it's been around since the 80s or 90s but they dropped it during trials. Unsure of why. And it's weird no company has picked it up yet if it works so well.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Apparently it's been around since the 80s or 90s but they dropped it during trials. Unsure of why. And it's weird no company has picked it up yet if it works so well.
    When a drug has been around that long (I did not know it was that long) and falls in and out of favor, there IS a reason why. The problem is that the reason may not be obvious.

One good example is enclomiphene. It had trials as male hrt under the name 'androxal' IIRC. Then, the company that held it got sold, the purchaser decides to shelve development. Was there a problem with the drug, or was it something as simple as testosterone injections being the more economical choice? There are other possibilities, but that highlights the problem: who knows for sure? Not us, thats for damn sure.

Which is a long winded way of illustrating the point with RU. Was fina considered a "better", minoxidil the more profitable, or were there real issues with RU? Again, who knows, BUT you can try it out and see where you land.
    Quester likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    With as good as it sounds verse if it we're safe enough (in any way), wouldn't we be hearing about it during the evening news with a gigantic list of waivers and other lawyerly bullshit? E.G. it wouldn't have a research number...AND, do you think that if it isn't good enough to put on the commercials during the evening news, with all of that promise (verse the negatives) do you think any lab but the most unreputable is gonna risk law enforcement shutting them down-other than the most bullshit cocksuckers? Perhaps more than your hair will fall out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    With as good as it sounds verse if it we're safe enough (in any way), wouldn't we be hearing about it during the evening news with a gigantic list of waivers and other lawyerly bullshit? E.G. it wouldn't have a research number...AND, do you think that if it isn't good enough to put on the commercials during the evening news, with all of that promise (verse the negatives) do you think any lab but the most unreputable is gonna risk law enforcement shutting them down-other than the most bullshit cocksuckers? Perhaps more than your hair will fall out?
    Haha I can't tell if your for or against using ru?

Thread Information