Thread: no gas

lotaquestions is offline Banned

no gas

ive been training bjj judo n boxing for about the last 6 months, and i still cant hang with alot of the newbs on stamina. it seems that my muscels give out before my wind, i catch a lot of cramps (all over) and cant push my self beyond a certain point. ive been hostpitalized six times for dehydration in HS. love training but i dont belive ill b able to compete b/c of my conditioning. any advice

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    hospitalized 6 times??? wtf is that? for starters dehydration sounds like a major problem for you... cramps can come from that too.. sounds like your diet is not right and you are pushing hard in the wrong way... when I say diet bad i don't mean bb diet... i just mean diet in general... we would get cramps on 6+mile runs when we are low in salt... you deplete a lot of salt when you are sweating... if you keep pushing without proper hydration and diet that will lead to cramps and eventually dehydration... you need to start there...

Aslo, you need to learn a little more about your body. knowing limitations and your endurance for pacing is huge in these sports... start with those things... proper conditioning and diet and hydration... I have pushed the envelope and never been dehydrated because I respect my body and knew that you had to hydrate yourself properly when going far... I have seen people myself including stay up and push way hard for weeks on end, but they don't get hospitalized because of proper hydration and food. and believe me I mean pushing the envelope way way harder then any bjj or boxing workout/training program...

please start mentally and then work physically. you shouldn't be in hospitalized twice much less 6 times... you need to learn from mistakes and been on here or asking questions locally a long time ago.

thanks for the advice. i work on my diet pretty hard, i eat clean and i drink nothing but water and gatorade, i drink a min of 7 bottles of water a day training or not. i dont have any health insurance so i cant see a doctor (pre existing). i dont know what else to do. along with the dehydration i would also suffer full body cramps (worst pain of my life). i hope i havnt messed up my kidneys or something that is what i am really scared of

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    I drink 1.5 gallons. per day.
    Many people cut all sodium out which is not always good. Make sure you get enough because you can actually rinse out thw sodium and electrolytes from your system. This can lead to symptoms that mimc dehydration. Gatorade is not enough to replinish all your lytes. Have you considered taking it easy for a couple of weeks and watching your sodium / potassium intake (mainly making sure you get enough). These 2 minerals work in conjuction together. Potatoes and bannanas are both high in potassium. The answer might be somewhere in your diet. If not then you need to see a dr. You could be having issues with absorption.

this problem started when i was 14, two a days. from then i would end up n the hostpital at least once every season. im now 22 and havnt been competeing n any thing except softball, flagfootball, nothing real intense but it still effected my proformance. i got n to mma, and that is when it really showed back up. i dont take alot of the right steps but it is something always on the back of my mind when i eat or drink anything. it is even to the point where on days i train i try not to even walk more than i have to in order to save my legs

sphincter is offline Member
    sounds like you're overtraining and undereating... like the other guys said, figure out why you're dehydrating/cramping and if you're doing "bjj judo n boxing " for the last 6 months.. that's a bit overkil lIMO.. I just train BJJ and go to the gym and the BJJ alone is KILLER on me and that's just like 2-3 times x week for 1-1. hours... I couldn't imaging my intensity in the gym and BJJ being spread across boxing and judo as well... seems like overtraining to me.

Thread Information