BTBAM is offline Junior Member

start fighting again or no?

hey so here is pretty much the background story. I was training for my 3rd Muay Thai fight and i had taken about 3 months of after my 2nd fight so i was pretty out of shape. First day back i spare 10 rounds and by the 3rd round i was just gased, but i kept going and after a while kept taking some pretty good shots to the jaw, and just had a real bad pain in my head that i never had before, but i was pretty stupied and kept sparring. Long story short i ended up going home after and trying to sleep the pain off but couldnt so my girlfriend took me to the hospital and i ended up have a brain hemorrhage, and not a dr or anything but had two blood clots or hematomas. Anyway its been about 2 years that i havent trained or taken any hits to the head and im just wondering if it is possible to get back to training or is it just to much of a risk, if any1 has some good input that would be great thanks.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would check with your doctor before starting up again.

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Agreed, talk with your Dr. and tell him your intentions.

ya its just killing me sitting around and cornering fights, miss that rush u get when ur sitting in the back waiting for the fight all the way to the end of the fight.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bro, I am no doctor of course and take my recommendation however, but I wouldn't go back to full contact fighting.... too much to live for. You can be really involved and active in the sport in a lot of different ways... hitting the bag and working out is always fun just to name a few ways to be involved.

just my 2cents.... peace!

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    bro, I am no doctor of course and take my recommendation however, but I wouldn't go back to full contact fighting.... too much to live for. You can be really involved and active in the sport in a lot of different ways... hitting the bag and working out is always fun just to name a few ways to be involved.

just my 2cents.... peace!

Good point Rock. You could always take up BJJ and still compete at a high level without the hits.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    No way bro it is not worth it unless a doc clears you. pass your knowledge on to others.

ya i just gotta go and check with the dr. just scared to hear what he is going to say.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    so is everyone else.. ^^ those things usually go away but the weakness is still there. i doubt you would get cleared even if its gone. and if you do get cleared that could be even worse. if you had a soft spot or something that was missed by an mri or whatever they use on the head it could be alleviated by a fight.

hitting the bag is nothing like fighting. thats like the adrenaline you'd get flying at mach 2 then becoming a commercial pilot..

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    so is everyone else.. ^^ those things usually go away but the weakness is still there. i doubt you would get cleared even if its gone. and if you do get cleared that could be even worse. if you had a soft spot or something that was missed by an mri or whatever they use on the head it could be alleviated by a fight.

hitting the bag is nothing like fighting. thats like the adrenaline you'd get flying at mach 2 then becoming a commercial pilot..
    so what is your advice to him? you clearly state that you don't recommend going back into the ring and then you knock the idea of staying active doing other things related to the sport???

ya well so far I'm stuck with bodybuilding and just cornering fights

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    ya well so far I'm stuck with bodybuilding and just cornering fights
    I'd think you would rather enjoy doing that than being dead in the ground right?

It sucks man, but its not worth risking it.
    ***No source checks!!!***

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Have you ever been diagnosed with any connective tissue disorders?

ya when it comes down to it, health is the most important thing i can have and i have always loved bodybuilding.

I havent been diagnosed with any connective tissue disorder as far as i know lol

Thread Information