BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member

College Take On A Pro?

Do you guys think a college championship winner such as texas or usc, could take on the worst pro team such as the saints or texans? Or any other sport where it applies?

DwinsChamps is offline Associate Member
    This question was asked often back when the u of miami was a great football dynasty and the bengals were consistently awful, and back then the bengals would have murdered the u. The same goes today. There is a dramatic leap in skill level when moving from college to the pro ranks, and no college teams can overcome that.

A USC/UT all-star team would be handily defeated by the texans.

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DwinsChamps
    This question was asked often back when the u of miami was a great football dynasty and the bengals were consistently awful, and back then the bengals would have murdered the u. The same goes today. There is a dramatic leap in skill level when moving from college to the pro ranks, and no college teams can overcome that.

A USC/UT all-star team would be handily defeated by the texans.
    Exactly. It's very simple, for one, these are full grown men (cream of the crop in college) not kids that are 19, 20, 21 years old. Two, the schemes, NFL is 10 times more complex then college, for example the option works well in college, but wouldn't stand a chance in the pros. 3rd and finally is SPEED, every player I've heard in interviews talks about the biggest change being speed. Things happen much more quicker, and there is much more going on. Plus, I think if you were on the worst NFL team, and some college team tried to come in and show you up, you might play just a little bit harder to make sure that doesnt happen. Bottom line, IT WOULD NOT HAPPEN.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    no .....hands down .... everyone on an NFL team is a PROFESSIONAL ... only a few on the college teams end up being pro's

crazykris6 is offline Junior Member
    It would be cool to watch and see what the outcome would be actually. I have never though of that.

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykris6
    It would be cool to watch and see what the outcome would be actually. I have never though of that.
    It would be a blowout, I'd put my left nut on it.

baseballJ121 is offline Junior Member
    No chance, pros are pros. They are the best.

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well put. USC has a few "pro-potentials", but, for instance, the worst team in the NFL are all pros.

Thread Information