Lookin to Walk on, Need a good Football Workout Please

Whats goin on everyone, im lookin to walk on at a DI school for football, and i have been trainin pretty hard these past 4-5 months, and need a good workout to hopefully get me more ready. Any input would be much appreciated.

DwinsChamps is offline Associate Member
    Try using the search function and you'll find a few recent threads that answer your questions.

Good luck.

Well yea i tried that, im already doin a workout i found on here, but im think i need some changes on it. Just was seein, if anyone had some good football workouts that they recommended. Thanks Though, i'll try searchin again

DBflash21 is offline Member
    PM me, I have some useful stuff you may be interested in.

Hey DBflash, it says im not allowed to pm you, am i doin somethin wrong? Im wantin to see what you got though. Thanks.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by DBflash21
    PM me, I have some useful stuff you may be interested in.
    you can post workouts and links on the board...

I wonder what is of interest that you need to discuss via pm

Oh i dont care about the pm thing, DB was just sayin he had some stuff, maybe he'll post it in this thread. Here is my routine that im doin now, I got it from on here.

http://hurricanesports.collegesports...-training.html

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Im-Your-Huckleberry
    Oh i dont care about the pm thing, DB was just sayin he had some stuff, maybe he'll post it in this thread. Here is my routine that im doin now, I got it from on here.

http://hurricanesports.collegesports...-training.html

how u like that program

Im likin it so far man, ive been doin it for a little over two months now. Changed a couple things in it every now and then, just cause my legs get damn sore and tired, have you done it?

Hey buckeye, i was just wonderin, assuming youve done this workout, do you ever change anything yourself? or do you just follow it week by week?

Quote Originally Posted by Im-Your-Huckleberry
    Hey buckeye, i was just wonderin, assuming youve done this workout, do you ever change anything yourself? or do you just follow it week by week?

i done that workout many times i have added stuff 2 it, tommy moffit made that workout when he was at miami hes now at lsu.

I hear you,I have actually heard of him before. If you wouldnt mind me askin, what did you change. You think you could show me what you do now, or did do. Just lookin for any advantage i can.

have you gotten stronger, what of results?? i know many people out there think the vol is too high but i dont think soo..

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    have you gotten stronger, what of results?? i know many people out there think the vol is too high but i dont think soo..
    I for sure have gotten stronger. Power Cleans, and Hangs, have gone up about 20-25lbs, Squat went up about 30. So yea, i guess it is a high volume, but results are results. I just seems like somedays my legs are so shot i can hardly complete the workout.

i love that workout, r u running also i can give u the running setup moffit with it

i love that workout, r u running also i can give u the running setup moffit with it
    I have been running light, but need to pick it up, i would love to get that running workout from you. I need a solid program to follow.

skribbble is offline Member
    that looks like a little too much personally. seems like u would be dead constantly. i lift mwf and go up about 20-40 lbs in every lift every 12 weeks. im now cleaning 315, squatting 440, benching 360, while weighing just 201 lbs. my vert also went up a shit load, im 5'8" 3/4's and can dunk 2 handed and shit. 40 as of recent is a 4.52 with a 1.52 in the 10...

Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    that looks like a little too much personally. seems like u would be dead constantly. i lift mwf and go up about 20-40 lbs in every lift every 12 weeks. im now cleaning 315, squatting 440, benching 360, while weighing just 201 lbs. my vert also went up a shit load, im 5'8" 3/4's and can dunk 2 handed and shit. 40 as of recent is a 4.52 with a 1.52 in the 10...

not to be rude but everyone is diff on that program my back squat went to 550 and front sqaut 365, pc 330, so everyone is diff its working him and weigh 195 right now.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i actually started this routine yesterday to change things up bc explosiveness is key right now. i am sore like i just started to lift again. i modified it alot and took some shit out to drop the volume.

honestly that is a normal football workout give a few excercises.

Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    i actually started this routine yesterday to change things up bc explosiveness is key right now. i am sore like i just started to lift again. i modified it alot and took some shit out to drop the volume.

honestly that is a normal football workout give a few excercises.

dont take out anything it may take some 2-3 weeks to adjust to working legs everyday, you will love the lower body strength u get from this program. USC use a similar setup.

mon:
    lunges

tue:
    bsq
    fsq
    hammy

thur:
    stepups
    rdl

fri:
    bsq
    heavy hammy

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well monday(my first day) i took out power snatch because that would make 4 explosive/olympic lifts that day. the thing i dont understand is the clean pulls on that day. clean pulls is more of a progressive lift getting into the hang cleans and snatches.

i did lunges for the first time with a barbell and just 3x6(i adjusted) and my glutes are sorer than they have ever been. it directly hit the glute max.

then i took out front squats on tues due to leg soreness but as i get used to it i will throw them back in.

dont take out anything it may take some 2-3 weeks to adjust to working legs everyday, you will love the lower body strength u get from this program. USC use a similar setup.

mon:
    lunges

tue:
    bsq
    fsq
    hammy

thur:
    stepups
    rdl

fri:
    bsq
    heavy hammy

keep the snatches in, in each workout you are going from the floor and hang pos you also are hitting snatch, clean, pull and push.

bully808503 is offline New Member
    hey, buckeyefootball4 , i was reading ur posts and was interested in the Tommy moffit running workout that comes with the lifting program

itsdefaz is offline New Member
    i have been using that miami program also. i just started like 3 weeks ago and my legs are killin me. lol. our strength coach is a joke at my school. ive been in college 3 years and never seen him in the wieght room once. he just puts a program up on the board and expects people to follow it....no one does.

itsdefaz is offline New Member
    id like to check out that program too if you dont mind

bully808503 is offline New Member
    bump

Thread Information