soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member

NCAA Summer Drug Testing Starting This Year!!

Alright,

Dont know how fresh this news is but I was watchin ESPN earlier today and on the bottom of the screen where they have that rollin news bar, it said that NCAA is gonna drug test student-athletes in the summer startin this year.

Thats all the info i have so far, anyone know more on this feel free to share it wit the rest of us.

TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    I didn't think that they could do that? Plus the waiver everyone signed didn't say anything about summer testing (did they mean this upcoming summer or starting next summer). Would they just test people in summer school because they couldn't possibly test people not in school or at school for that matter. Now I am pissed, I wish they would just leave this alone. If anyone finds out anymore information, please post it.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    I just read that article.. good thing i dont play football or baseball but i know theres members here that do.

I dunno how they have planned this. They might come in during preseason or something. Thats the only thing i can think of right now, if they gonna test players.

Another thing from the article, "But the reality is that student-athletes don't take the summer off." Correct. Theres no offseason if ur in D1.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    summer as in august or summer as in after they get out for spring semester? i would assume august bc alot of athletes go home for the summer making it harder to test.

truck is offline New Member
    Division I athlete could be subject to testing. I'm not a D1 athlete, but I call their bluff. If anything they might test a dozen people just to scare a few people. But I doubt it. It won't happen soon, cuz you'd have report your locations you will be at during the week and if you were to be away from your residence and all sorts of stuff that Olympic Athletes have to do. I say Fuk em and they don't do it. They don't have enough resources yet, I'd say it'll take a few years if they do. So if you D1 athletes don't have to fill out some paper work reporting where you will be don't worry. If all esle fails don't keep your current adress on file with the school.
    Last edited by truck; 04-05-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by truck
    Division I athlete could be subject to testing. I'm not a D1 athlete, but I call their bluff. If anything they might test a dozen people just to scare a few people. But I doubt it. It won't happen soon, cuz you'd have report your locations you will be at during the week and if you were to be away from your residence and all sorts of stuff that Olympic Athletes have to do. I say Fuk em and they don't do it. They don't have enough resources yet, I'd say it'll take a few years if they do. So if you D1 athletes don't have to fill out some paper work reporting where you will be don't worry. If all esle fails don't keep your current adress on file with the school.
    Problem is, that alot of people go to school in the summer. Thats how coaches make sure that players are working out and it is a good failsafe incase someone has a bad semester. Everyone I know that plays D1, stays during the summer. I think that they may just go after people while they are in school becuause your right, you could think of any excuse in the book to stay away from testing while your not in school.

Thread Information