JJEB2 is offline Member

how much difference?

how much time is there a difference between hand times and laser? how much is there a difference between field turf and track surface?

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    how much time is there a difference between hand times and laser? how much is there a difference between field turf and track surface?

ht/fat = .08

tf/ft = 1tenth

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so i was running 1.47-1.58 on my 10 yards so i would be at a 1.65? that seems way too much of a conversion over. i know the hand time is right but the turf track seems really high. that would make my 10 yard garbage

so i was running 1.47-1.58 on my 10 yards so i would be at a 1.65? that seems way too much of a conversion over. i know the hand time is right but the turf track seems really high. that would make my 10 yard garbage

my uncle is a scout and im telling u what he told me, when they go to schools and guys you spikes add 1 tenth, if guys run a track add a tenth

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    my uncle is a scout and im telling u what he told me, when they go to schools and guys you spikes add 1 tenth, if guys run a track add a tenth
    yea i hear ya on that. just doesnt work in my favor so i dont like it. bc i know my 10 isnt that shitty.

what is ur 10

JJEB2 is offline Member
    what is ur 10
    as far as my 10 today it was a 1.47. my 20-40 doing fly 20 today ranged from 1.8-2.3.

as far as my 10 today it was a 1.47. my 20-40 doing fly 20 today ranged from 1.8-2.3.

sorry to tell u that u dont run a 1.47 10-no way. whats ur 40 again

JJEB2 is offline Member
    sorry to tell u that u dont run a 1.47 10-no way. whats ur 40 again
    i ran a 4.82 with the wrong foot forward and a 1.7 start. it took 7-8 steps to reach my 10 and my first two steps covered 2 and a half to 3 yards. my first two werent timed and werent as low and as long but my third i hit a 1.47 in 7 or 8 steps and 3 yards on first two steps. when i run my 40 i will show ya when they send me the links from the combine.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i understanmd the human error and difference but i dont understand how you couldnt think i am in the 1.47-a.5 range. its very possible bc anything is possible. the guy you train runs a 4.41 therefore he has to have a very quick start. we are around the same in the shuttle meaning we are both quick. my vert is better than his. therefore i have a relative amount of explosiveness.

i ran a 4.82 with the wrong foot forward and a 1.7 start. it took 7-8 steps to reach my 10 and my first two steps covered 2 and a half to 3 yards. my first two werent timed and werent as low and as long but my third i hit a 1.47 in 7 or 8 steps and 3 yards on first two steps. when i run my 40 i will show ya when they send me the links from the combine.
    more of a reason why u dont run a 1.47, a good 10yd dash is covered in 6< steps.... if u run a 4.7-4.8 ur first 10 is more like 1.6-1.7.. a 1.4 10 is more like a 4.3 40yd

Combine Results Pro Day Results Leon Williams univ of Miami
    Combine Invite? Yes
    Height: 6030
    Weight: 245
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.54
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.68
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
    Wonderlic:
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 04-15-2006 at 02:40 PM.

i understanmd the human error and difference but i dont understand how you couldnt think i am in the 1.47-a.5 range. its very possible bc anything is possible. the guy you train runs a 4.41 therefore he has to have a very quick start. we are around the same in the shuttle meaning we are both quick. my vert is better than his. therefore i have a relative amount of explosiveness.

the numbers i gave u about my guy is the lowest my guy is also a track guy that ran 6.4 in the 55m which is reaction and that is a easy 4.3ht 40yd and pc 365lb bsq 500 front 375 @ 193
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 04-15-2006 at 02:30 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    more of a reason why u dont run a 1.47, a good 10yd dash is covered in 6< steps.... if u run a 4.7-4.8 ur first 10 is more like 1.6-1.7.. a 1.4 10 is more like a 4.3 40yd

Combine Results Pro Day Results Leon Williams univ of Miami
    Combine Invite? Yes
    Height: 6030
    Weight: 245
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.54
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.68
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
    Wonderlic:
    to get the amount of steps all i did was figured 2 steps every 3 yards. i really have no idea how many steps were taken. as i said it was hand timed and its off.

to get the amount of steps all i did was figured 2 steps every 3 yards. i really have no idea how many steps were taken. as i said it was hand timed and its off.
    well that should be ur goal first 10yd in 6<steps

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well that should be ur goal first 10yd in 6<steps
    yea i am gonan try to get it filmed sometime by a hs local track coach that i know. hopefully he will help me out. he offered to work with me in his free time but we will see.

yea i am gonan try to get it filmed sometime by a hs local track coach that i know. hopefully he will help me out. he offered to work with me in his free time but we will see.

i really think the defranco or parisi combine dvd would really help u, bc combine drills are more then just going out and running. TECH TECH TECH!!!!!

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i really think the defranco or parisi combine dvd would really help u, bc combine drills are more then just going out and running. TECH TECH TECH!!!!!
    yea the its just a time thing right now. i think if i hit all my bests i will be safe but i def need wanted to check it out.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    you buckeye i was reading defrancos site and he was talking about that BC lb that he trained and ran a 4.43 at his pro day. well all he did was his training methods ie westside template and all his warm ups and all that bullshit. he said the kid only ran twice a week. i was amazed. he is a firm believer in the whole thing of weights making the better runner than the actual running.

you buckeye i was reading defrancos site and he was talking about that BC lb that he trained and ran a 4.43 at his pro day. well all he did was his training methods ie westside template and all his warm ups and all that bullshit. he said the kid only ran twice a week. i was amazed. he is a firm believer in the whole thing of weights making the better runner than the actual running.

first of all everyone is diff, but thats why i told you that u dont have to run 5 days a weeks its about tech and learning the drills

my guy chest is missed up after during 100reps at 225. lol

JJEB2 is offline Member
    first of all everyone is diff, but thats why i told you that u dont have to run 5 days a weeks its about tech and learning the drills
    bro i know that man. i know how to train and what to do. i didnt get the numbers that i did from just sitting on my dick.

bro i know that man. i know how to train and what to do. i didnt get the numbers that i did from just sitting on my dick.

so u dont need no ****ing help then, stop asking people quesitions - u know it all.. let me see r u aj hawk or earnie sime?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so u dont need no ****ing help then, stop asking people quesitions - u know it all.. let me see r u aj hawk or earnie sime?
    u take vereything the wrong way. why are u so defensive. i was making it a point that u talk down to me. i have agood idea how to train.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i was hitting 5 steps all day on my 10s, 20s, and 30s today. i snugged up to the line so i am about 10 inches off the line. keeping bend in knees and all my weight forward. i felt very fast today. i have noticed that my spped hits fastest at 15 yards and levels off at 20-25 yards and just stays constant.

i was hitting 5 steps all day on my 10s, 20s, and 30s today. i snugged up to the line so i am about 10 inches off the line. keeping bend in knees and all my weight forward. i felt very fast today. i have noticed that my spped hits fastest at 15 yards and levels off at 20-25 yards and just stays constant.

ur speed shouldnt level off at 20-25 you should be acc through the whole 40yd dash, means you need to work on some top speed (flying 20's and rhy jump squats) and stay relaxed.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    the standard conversion from hand times to electronic is .24. that is the STANDARD. and that doesnt take into account weather conditions.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    jus weights dont make u fast, and those combine programs are built for peaking for a combine so you dont keep that "speed." 40 yd dash is pure acceleration by the way. if you wanna increase your acceleration and keep it, keep it to oly lifts, plyos, and track work. and for speed, the track is the most imporant.

Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    jus weights dont make u fast, and those combine programs are built for peaking for a combine so you dont keep that "speed." 40 yd dash is pure acceleration by the way. if you wanna increase your acceleration and keep it, keep it to oly lifts, plyos, and track work. and for speed, the track is the most imporant.

NOPE YOU STILL NEED TO WORK AT LEAST ONE DAY OF TOP SPEED, I HAVE SEEN MANY GUYS WHO JUST WORK ON ACC AND CANT FINISH STRONG. ITS ONLY 40YDS BUT YOU STILL NEED TO HIT TOP SPEED, U TALK TO ANY SPEED COACH THEY WOULD ALSO HIT TOP SPEED ONCE AND ACC ONCE OR TWICE.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    the standard conversion from hand times to electronic is .24. that is the STANDARD. and that doesnt take into account weather conditions.
    the thing i dont understand is when i ran a 4.82 there is no way that i could have ran a 4.58 hand time. i think if i was to run turf or track my times would be in the same general area.

the thing i dont understand is when i ran a 4.82 there is no way that i could have ran a 4.58 hand time. i think if i was to run turf or track my times would be in the same general area.

hes telling you to add .28 or whatever he said, so it would be more like 5.0.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    hes telling you to add .28 or whatever he said, so it would be more like 5.0.
    nah bc the 4.82 was electronic when i did my assessment at velocity. so if i was getting a hand time it would be a 4.58. i have seen hand time 4.4-4.5 and they are extremely fast. the 4.82 felt extremely slow.

nah bc the 4.82 was electronic when i did my assessment at velocity. so if i was getting a hand time it would be a 4.58. i have seen hand time 4.4-4.5 and they are extremely fast. the 4.82 felt extremely slow.
    nope it would have not been 4.58, try 4.74..

They ran outdoors on AstroTurf, which was a fast surface. All 40-yard dash times were clocked electronically, which historically adds about .08 of a second to the actual time. For instance, if someone ran the 40 in 4.50 seconds, it really means he ran it in about 4.42 seconds (nfl site)

Crowned is offline Junior Member
    nope it would have not been 4.58, try 4.74..

They ran outdoors on AstroTurf, which was a fast surface. All 40-yard dash times were clocked electronically, which historically adds about .08 of a second to the actual time. For instance, if someone ran the 40 in 4.50 seconds, it really means he ran it in about 4.42 seconds (nfl site)
    Why dont you try reading his post and figuring out his question? He is asking for a conversion from electronic to handheld and which case his estimates arent far off.

On this subject, hand times will vary tremedously. I was clocked at a 4.3 handheld and I just looked at the coach like he was stupid. Forget all handheld times and only go by electronic times, if you have that priviledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowned
    Why dont you try reading his post and figuring out his question? He is asking for a conversion from electronic to handheld and which case his estimates arent far off.

On this subject, hand times will vary tremedously. I was clocked at a 4.3 handheld and I just looked at the coach like he was stupid. Forget all handheld times and only go by electronic times, if you have that priviledge.

ok dumbass why dont u try and read my answer and figure it out.. FROM ELECTRONIC TO HANDHELD IS .08..... FOR EXAMPLE 4.80 ELECRTRONIC WILL BE ABOUT 4.72 HANDHELD
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 04-19-2006 at 08:29 AM.

u get that shit
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 04-19-2006 at 08:30 AM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    ok dumbass why dont u try and read my answer and figure it out.. FROM ELECTRONIC TO HANDHELD IS .08..... FOR EXAMPLE 4.80 ELECRTRONIC WILL BE ABOUT 4.72 HANDHELD
    well i think we both were going off of testtubes .24

well i think we both were going off of testtubes .24

im going by Gil Brandt(nfl.com) and thats what he said bout usc proday bush run 4.33e which convert to about 4.25hand.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    im going by Gil Brandt(nfl.com) and thats what he said bout usc proday bush run 4.33e which convert to about 4.25hand.
    aight bro. alot more understanable but if u you read what i said in the post i was going against the .24.

aight bro. alot more understanable but if u you read what i said in the post i was going against the .24.

no problem man.

Thread Information