Myka is offline Made Of Sugar

Arrow Who plays Lacrosse?

Im thinking about playing next semester...what do I need to know?...If you play lacrosse..lets talk

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Played in College. What do you want to know?
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

I dont think I know enough to ask anything specific. Ive never played..is that bad?..I know rugby is more of a sport where you are either good or bad pretty early on..

I was hoping lacrosse was the same because its the only good sport we have here. I think it involves a lot of short sprints and of course hand eye coordination..correct?

Is there constant activity for all players?

what is the general rule of thumb on new players? (do they have to sit out for a season just because theyre new)

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    you should play RUGBY I play for pitt and its sweet always lots of fun

We dont have rugby here........I may seriously look into Pitt..what was the name again?..you say you play for them..hmmmmmmm

Pitt Panthers

www.PITT.edu

make it happen brother if you need somewhere to live.... hit me up. I know EVERYONE!

thanks bro..Im gonna look into that

does anyone have anything to say about Lacrosse?

DwinsChamp plays..but I dont really know him

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    I dont think I know enough to ask anything specific. Ive never played..is that bad?..I know rugby is more of a sport where you are either good or bad pretty early on..

I was hoping lacrosse was the same because its the only good sport we have here. I think it involves a lot of short sprints and of course hand eye coordination..correct?

Is there constant activity for all players?

what is the general rule of thumb on new players? (do they have to sit out for a season just because theyre new)

Fun game, very fast paced and if you have speed and hand eye coordination you'll be fine.

It's constant activity for Midfielder's which play both Offense and Defense. However Attackmen play just on the offensive side of the feild and defensemen well, you know....

Really really fun game.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

stee is offline Member
    looks a littel weird to be honest saw it the first time on tv the other day. but my mate playes at national level and he loves it.
    ill stick to rugby tho. lacrosse looks liek a soft option to hurling

llsdotmacll is offline Associate Member
    u gotta be tough too, attackman and defense man def need alotta leg strength and passing is easy... shooting can take some practice

hmmm I see I see...gonna go to the meeting in a couple days to check it out..I need a sport!!

thanks guys

DwinsChamps is offline Associate Member
    As far as lax goes, I'd say only get into it if you're really interested. It takes alot of dedication to get the stick work down, and all the equipment necessary is mucho expenisivo.

Go to the meeting and see what they have to say. if you're still interested, buy a stick and a ball and head to your local wall...play some catch, get your hands developed. It will take some time, but the once you get it down, the game is incredible. Good luck man.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    inline street hockey would be more fun.
    ofcourse not really a college sport.

MDLAX24 is offline New Member
    You should buy a good stick and gloves and a few balls and I guranteed you wont be able to put it down. Throw at the wall as much as possible and then once you mastered that you get to do it all over agian with your weak hand. Mastering your weak hand makes you alot more dangerous of a player. I've been playing for years if you have any questions just let me know.

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    I play Lacrosse for Michigan State University...Great sport, been playing since I was 7, great combanition of all kinds of talents and athelticism...Probably the most diverse body make-ups in any one sport, I think...

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    good to see that the sport is finally getting some exposure out of this whole rape thing.

New Juice is offline Associate Member
    lacrosse isen't a sport that you are either good of bad at right off the bat. It takes a lot or practice and experience to be an even moderate player...Natural athletes will take to the game, for the physical aspects but it is a finely skilled game also...best sport you'll ever play

PhishStasH is offline Member
    I play club lax @ UNCC. It's a whole lot of fun. Like Dwins said, it does take a lot of dedication. If you have any seriousness about playing, pick up a stick and play with it throughout the day when you don't have anything for your hands to do. A wall will become your best friend.

It's a very fast paced sport. Well, at least for midis. A lot of the game will come with time. Good luck.

PhishStasH is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    I play Lacrosse for Michigan State University...Great sport, been playing since I was 7, great combanition of all kinds of talents and athelticism...Probably the most diverse body make-ups in any one sport, I think...
    What position?

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    Michigan State? I actually got the chance to see you guys play..and beat..the U of Mich during your conference tourney. That was a great game, I couldn't believe you guys pulled out the win!

Btw, I heard one of the guys on your team has hodgkins or something like that, Nate Stine maybe?

dubU44 is offline New Member
    i've been playin lacrosse since i was in 4th grade...the only advice i can give to a beginner is to get ur stick and ball and find a wall. practice makes perfect. do this atleast once a day for about 30 minutes and you'll get the stick handling skills down pat, best of luck

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    I play attack...You were at that game?? What were you doing there?? Yeah that game was unreal, you better believer we beat their ass, haha, to give some insight into how big of an upset that was, U of M had lost 1 game in conference in the history of their program...Two now WHAMMY!!! haha GO STATE!!!

A few of my old high school teammates play for Oakland U, and as long as I'm there you know had check out state vs. UofM... but damn that was a crazy weekend!

As far as uslia play goes, I had only been exposed to the UMLL, but I'm surprised at how good the CCLA is.. way better teams than Duluth and the U of Minnesota.

industywetrusty is offline Associate Member

laaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxx

LAX IS MY SPORT!!! I am obsesed, I love the sport.. it takes at least 3 years to be experienced. Unless you are a defencemen. My School won new englands 2 years in a row and most of the kids picked up the sport whne they came to my boarding school. Its all about the coaches and if your willing to push through the parts where you wont be the best you may suck for a while. However in college its another story. the comepitiion is much greater, kids get scouted sometimes the coaches are lookin for a big kid to have on d- pole that ****s people up, but that depends what level your at... let me know your info, highsho, college, or mens league... and I will give you some advise cause I have done all 3

Thread Information