Thread: buckeye

JJEB2 is offline Member

buckeye

what are ur boys wearing for shoes for their 40s, SS and vert? also what is the surface you guys have? i have new field turf.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    what are ur boys wearing for shoes for their 40s, SS and vert? also what is the surface you guys have? i have new field turf.

like i told you before i wore tight track waffles for my vj and bj, soccer turf shoes for my shuttles and vapor td or track spikes for 40yd. most of the other guys just wear speed td or vapors for all field test and reg shoes for jumps. if i was you on field turf wear track spikes, nike vapors or soccer cleats are great bc they are very light.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yea i am gonan try to wear my spikes without the spikes on them bc if you look at the letter the scout combine sent it says in big ass letters no track spikes. i rewatched the combine today and it was hard to differentiate soccer from football ona few guys but i saw alot of what u said. i have the old model that are 11 oz which is the 3rd lightest cleat on the market behin 9 oz and 10.6. i just forget the names of them all. eastbay is out of waffles that are anywhere from 11 on. if i am a size 12.5 u think i can fit into size 10?

yea i am gonan try to wear my spikes without the spikes on them bc if you look at the letter the scout combine sent it says in big ass letters no track spikes. i rewatched the combine today and it was hard to differentiate soccer from football ona few guys but i saw alot of what u said. i have the old model that are 11 oz which is the 3rd lightest cleat on the market behin 9 oz and 10.6. i just forget the names of them all. eastbay is out of waffles that are anywhere from 11 on. if i am a size 12.5 u think i can fit into size 10?

i think the fsu lb had either soccer cleats on and the fsu rb had on track spikes. you should call the combine but i am 99.99% sure you can wear spikes without the spikes in them. if you need waffles i can give you a site and they have pretty good prices and ship fast. only go 1 size down, eastbay has does nike vapor on clearance in ur size. CALL THEM ON MONDAY TO MAKE SURE U CAN WEAR SPIKES

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yea hit me up with that site bc i am looking to get them by next week. yea i just went to eastbay and they have all there new shit out and i forgot to check the clearance shit out. yea i have to call them to see what the deal is with that. if not i will have to go to the local field turf and see whats best

http://dickpondathletics.com/shop.asp?CID=5&SID=43

Nike
    Zoom Waffle Racer (3)
    (Black/White/Silver)
    Rubber Bottom Racing Flat

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    http://dickpondathletics.com/shop.asp?CID=5&SID=43

Nike
    Zoom Waffle Racer (3)
    (Black/White/Silver)
    Rubber Bottom Racing Flat
    nice bro. thats a real good site.
    Last edited by JJEB2; 05-06-2006 at 11:47 AM.

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/searc...rd=nike+vapors

Nike Men's Speed Vapor TD

White/Black/Black

JJEB2 is offline Member

LOL lots of money.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/searc...rd=nike+vapors

Nike Men's Speed Vapor TD

White/Black/Black
    only ones i would feel comfortable with are the red and white bc they have the closest to my size at 12.5. if for running the 40 i would want to get 12s bc i have wide feet

only ones i would feel comfortable with are the red and white bc they have the closest to my size at 12.5. if for running the 40 i would want to get 12s bc i have wide feet

ill agree, you probably only need the vapors for your shuttles/position drills bc i would always use spikes for 40 if they let u.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    ill agree, you probably only need the vapors for your shuttles/position drills bc i would always use spikes for 40 if they let u.
    position drills i only have to go one on one with a back and te so i am gonan wear my broken in apoclypses from last year. when i go to indy i am gonan use the low cleats i have.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    these are the low cleats i have now in black.

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...port&sport=all

these are the low cleats i have now in black.

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...port&sport=all
    those cleats are not bad, those are the ones AJ ran in at the combine.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    those cleats are not bad, those are the ones AJ ran in at the combine.
    yea and he posted a 4.62 unofficial and then and we ran in the same almost when he did his pro day on the track surface so i am a little scared.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    nike vapors or soccer cleats are great bc they are very light.
    thats what i use.. u got the vapor II or III?
    i use the II, i like the nike skin

yea and he posted a 4.62 unofficial and then and we ran in the same almost when he did his pro day on the track surface so i am a little scared.
    WHAT

JJEB2 is offline Member
    my times that i ran yesterday and his pro day times are almost the same except my best was near the higher of his two. so to think of the carry over of track to turf and different shoes is gonna kill not to mention electronic eventhough i had the person who timed me sit there with the same watch today and do about 20 times from the nfl combine and all of them were.3 higher than the electronic.

my times that i ran yesterday and his pro day times are almost the same except my best was near the higher of his two. so to think of the carry over of track to turf and different shoes is gonna kill not to mention electronic eventhough i had the person who timed me sit there with the same watch today and do about 20 times from the nfl combine and all of them were.3 higher than the electronic.

so i take it you ran high 4.4 low 4.5 yesterday. aj didnt ran on a track at his proday, i times u see at the combine are not electronic.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so i take it you ran high 4.4 low 4.5 yesterday. aj didnt ran on a track at his proday, i times u see at the combine are not electronic.
    i ran a 4.51 on my second and a 4.48 on my third, ran a 4.63 and then a 4.65. on the 4.63 i actually felt my heel hitting. my first time i was so nervous and out of whack we wont even post that but it was in the 4.7s.

so ur saying the pro scout is hand timed?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    bro i questioned myself and even had the person sit down and watch the combine 40s and compare my form and the times. she compared me to some of the faster times but even so they dont look as fast on tv as when ur watching unless u watch huff

i ran a 4.51 on my second and a 4.48 on my third, ran a 4.63 and then a 4.65. on the 4.63 i actually felt my heel hitting. my first time i was so nervous and out of whack we wont even post that but it was in the 4.7s.

so ur saying the pro scout is hand timed?

you have really gotten faster what have u been doing? we all see the white poles at the combine they do both but i think they use the hand time bc at osu aj was time in the 4.4's on hand and if that was the case he pretty much ran that at the combine if u convert.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    you have really gotten faster what have u been doing? we all see the white poles at the combine they do both but i think they use the hand time bc at osu aj was time in the 4.4's on hand and if that was the case he pretty much ran that at the combine if u convert.
    all i do is the speed days on mon, wed and fri. i started to use defrancos split about 3 weeks ago and my volume has gone down significantly. honestly my squat is down by 90 pounds for reps. i workout just 3 times a week.

i really have a very good diet and i dont ever go out. i eat 3-5 pounds of chicken a day and 7 meals a day.

i get 8 hrs sleep every night.

i always stay hydrated. and i stretch PNF style twice a week. i massage my own body and hammies with a pvc pipe as well as deep tissue on my own with my hammies.

i had the person who timed me watch teh guys form and they compared me to most like Huff bc i am a straight up runner and i have very high knee. i have longer legs for 6'1 so that always helps.

i listened to my body and if i was too sore i wouldnt train. i took 3 days off this week bc i was way too sore.

mondays i did 10 starts and then 20s and 30s almost always
    fris-starts and flys

i even would skip leg days. i dont like running and lifting on teh same days so i simply just altered into defrancos sample. i will post it up ina sec for u.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i found that perfecting my stat was the best thing bc my top end speed wasnt bad.

here is defrancos sample he gave to some guy:
    MONDAY morning - Dynamic warm-up/mobility drills, 40-yard dash technique work. (I start by focussing most of my time on the start and first 10 yards. This is the day that we will eventually work up to running 20, 30 and 40 yard sprints.)
    MONDAY evening – Max Effort upper body strength training
    TUESDAY – P.N.F. stretching, mobility drills, vertical jump & broad jump technique
    WEDNESDAY - Dynamic warm-up/mobility drills, pro-agility & 3-cone technique
    THURSDAY - Repetition Upper body strength training
    FRIDAY - Dynamic warm-up/mobility drills, 40-yard dash start technique
    SATURDAY – P.N.F. Stretching, Max Effort lower body strength training
    SUNDAY - OFF/MASSAGE

glad that it is working for you.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    glad that it is working for you.
    yea i think like anything it is the better way unless u have the finer things that parisi and the place in zona have. if i had a cold tub and trainers with me all the time i wouldnt have been sore. i eat more than alot of people and i would stillw ake up unable to move at times. i just listened to my body and it has worked so far.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    things i have noticed tho is my broad went up and my vert went down. my bp numbers are everywhere and my SS is alot better. so its a give or take thing here. but my speed is my biggest knock

with you training now you should be fresh as hell since you only during legs once a week and running 2 aweek. i am trainning my guys hard then will taper the last 2 weeks for a big peak. u not worried about ur general fittness.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    with you training now you should be fresh as hell since you only during legs once a week and running 2 aweek. i am trainning my guys hard then will taper the last 2 weeks for a big peak. u not worried about ur general fittness.
    u better believe i am worried hahah. i am gonna stick it out and not take any days off and keep up with the ME leg days when i get through this combine. i will also throw in my tempo days again bc that was the worst decision i have ever made. then after that is done i am gonna construct a workout surrounded around the needs of ball and actually get fast instead of 40 speed

u better believe i am worried hahah. i am gonna stick it out and not take any days off and keep up with the ME leg days when i get through this combine. i will also throw in my tempo days again bc that was the worst decision i have ever made. then after that is done i am gonna construct a workout surrounded around the needs of ball and actually get fast instead of 40 speed

bc u have to be able to do all the test under fatigue bc at the this combine u wont get much rest and its all in one day.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    bc u have to be able to do all the test under fatigue bc at the this combine u wont get much rest and its all in one day.
    yea ur exactly right. i am hoping that adrenaline will get me through it. once its time to flip the switch its go time.

yea ur exactly right. i am hoping that adrenaline will get me through it. once its time to flip the switch its go time.

u will be ok getting through the power events, i am just worry about the position drills at the very end, i saw guys dont do them bc there legs were shock.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    u will be ok getting through the power events, i am just worry about the position drills at the very end, i saw guys dont do them bc there legs were shock.
    what are the positions of ur guys and what are there drills? i know wr is one on ones with dbs and same with tes, rbs and lbs.

what are the positions of ur guys and what are there drills? i know wr is one on ones with dbs and same with tes, rbs and lbs.

2xrb's
    1xwr

JJEB2 is offline Member
    2xrb's
    1xwr
    yea then its just one on ones and thats it for the first combine. the second i assume they do exactly what the NFL combine does.

Thread Information