Ryano2005 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation I Need To Be Faster!!!!!!!!!!

Okay im going as a walk on to a college football team (Carson) and i was to try out as a Defence of end, im 6'1, 240 pounds I can run a 4'9 i want to get down to a 4'8 or 4'7 if possible, my bench is 385 for 1 rep, any tips,Cycle or suggrestions to help me out?

takedownII is offline Member
    how old are you?

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    aas dont make u faster.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryano2005
    Okay im going as a walk on to a college football team (Carson) and i was to try out as a Defence of end, im 6'1, 240 pounds I can run a 4'9 i want to get down to a 4'8 or 4'7 if possible, my bench is 385 for 1 rep, any tips,Cycle or suggrestions to help me out?
    Defence of end... You mean Defensive End?

lol yea i mean defensive end, im 20, and i relize aas dont make you faster but i can play a factor in my trainning to be faster...... but thanks for your post any way, i was manily wanting some tips on running technique or work out specifics and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryano2005
    lol yea i mean defensive end, im 20, and i relize aas dont make you faster but i can play a factor in my trainning to be faster...... but thanks for your post any way, i was manily wanting some tips on running technique or work out specifics and such.
    dude the summer is over, if you havent been training its too late to start, training camp is right around the corner.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    dude the summer is over, if you havent been training its too late to start, training camp is right around the corner.
    he is right.
    but in any case, explosion movements such a powercleans and deadlifts will help you increase your speed in addition to running with proper form and practicing running the 40 and nfl shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by number twelve
    he is right.
    but in any case, explosion movements such a powercleans and deadlifts will help you increase your speed in addition to running with proper form and practicing running the 40 and nfl shuttle
    everyone want a quick fix.

Buckey dude, i aint trying to look for a quick fix just needing some trainning tips but so far you havent helped in any post youve posted in my thread so please..... any way all im looking for is training tips not a quick fix or nothin like that and thanks agin.

Tip
    Tip is offline New Member
    Lifting like number twelve said will help with explosion. The problemis lifting will aslo shorten your stride length. After your work out you need to run "stride" sprints. Basicicly "stride" sprints are longer steps than you are use to taking. 40-50 yard sprints "stride" will also help develop your hamstrings which are typically neglected during strength programs anyway. another good exercise is hills. Run up for explosion, and down for increased stride length. Where I went to collage we had a hill we called "Cardiac Hill" that was about 1/4 mile long and serious elevation. In the offseason we would run up and down that mother****er for an hour 4 time a week. Best single exercise I have ever done to increse speed.

Awesome thanks, Tip

rock357 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    aas dont make u faster.
    ??????????

Of course steroids will make you faster. They help you work harder, recover faster, help you get extremely strong. If they don't work then why would do top level athletes take them? "Ben Johnson?", Almost all top level sprinters, hell almost all top level athletes take them to improve speed and strength. Julius Peppers gained 30lbs of muscle from one season to the next during the summer and got faster? How did he do that?

The most important thing to remember about steroids are that they aren't a magic pill, but when you combine them with advanced training techniques and hard work, you are certainly going to get faster.

Drills are just as important as weightlifting when trying to develop speed. There are some really good books out there for developing running speed and quickness. S.A.Q drills are a good place to start. Go to amazon and order away, or google Speed, Agility, Quickness and you should get alot of free stuff.

I don't no how much bodyfat you have, but if your carrying excess then getting rid of some of that will help you a bit.
    Good luck!

rock357 is offline Junior Member
    Btw, you mentioned your bench max, what is your squat max; or powerclean max. Those lifts are much more important in developing running speed. Also if your position is going to be defensive end you should be more concerned with quickness and starting strength rather than 40yd dash speed. leg turnover and stride length are important factors in 40yd dash speed, but not to terribly important in getting off of the ball to beat a 300lb lineman. Starting strength and explosiveness are more important attributes for a DE. there are drills that measure starting strength online that would give you a good indication of how quick you are. If you run a 4.9, 40 but beat faster guys off the ball than you may be quick enough for that position. who knows?

Thread Information