eggplant is offline Member

a little help from experienced competition bros..

i just ended my test run of final week contest prep..it did not go really well,however i learnt somethings about my body..there are some things that i do not quite understand and would need some help from you guys..i'm 65.5kg.
    i did a 3 days carb deplete..i went to 50g lowest on the 3rd day..usual carbs was at 130g..and on the 4th day, i did a decarb workout,4 cycles of circuit training..and i started carb loading after that..1st day of carb load,carbs were at 685g,protein i left it at 1g per pound of bodyweight..average carbs per meal was about 98g..i did not feel anything on day1 of carb load..still flat..and 2nd day,carbs were at 412g..average 50g per meal..i woke up pretty late that day, and only managed to get in 3-4 carb meals..my water was at 7litres per day from day1 of carb deplete leading to 1st day of carb loading..i slowly taper the water until 4pm on 2nd day of carb load..and i did a fat load with donuts and stuff like that 3 hrs later..the next morning..i continued fat load during breakfast..but had a small cup of water..i know i should not have drank the water..i was feeling a bit watery that day..but my buddy told me i looked more full than the day before..i was so thirsty that i downed 2 cans of diet coke..and 2 hrs later,i continue fat load..went to bed after that evening..and woke up..around 8pm..i pretty phucked myself up..and went to down waer like mad..had 2 protein shakes..so this morning..i went to the gym to train..i knew i was looking way too watery..but i was really full..! my muscles looked pumped..so..it took me about 4 days to fill out..i was thinking..if i hadn't drank the water..will i be better off? and should i ditch the fat load?? and carb load for 3 days with clean carbs instead? since the carbs will hit me around the 4th day..any inputs will be greatly appreciated..

i believe there is at least 1 person out there who can answer my doubts??? bump

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You're on every board w/this huh brutha?

~SC~

yeh..actually i started this off on AR ..but i wasn't receiving much replies..and so i thought i might wana try other boards at the same time..no harm right?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Not at all man.......see my board for some answers.

~SC~

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I see two problems fat loading you started too soon, cut your water too soon. Really needed a trail run, IF your fat loading most ppl do some complex carbs thrus/friday, then cut water around supper time on friday night, then late friday night or early sat morning fat load or stratch load a bit. No water other than what you need to swallow a few pills or something along that line.

But without coaching someone and knowing there body it's very hard to give sound advise, all ppl can give you are guidelines to follow.

yea man..its not easy especially the final week.but i'm jus gona stick to my regular diet plan..no new stuffs! tnx bro!

Thread Information