Thorazine is offline New Member

How does this contest prep look?

First off, the diet.

I won't post the "times" because that may vary on a day by day basis, but I'll eat the exact amount each time per day.

How does this sound?

Meal 1 - 8 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2 - 1 can of tuna, 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 3 - Protein Shake (50g), 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 4 - Post-Workout shake (40g protein, 60g carbs)

Meal 5 - 6oz Chicken Breast, 1 baked potatoe

Meal 6 - 6oz Chicken Breast, 2-3 cups brocolli

Meal 7 - Protein Shake (50g)

Totals:

Cals: 3051
    Prot: 386g
    Carbs: 327g
    Fat: 66g

I started this on Sunday, exactly 16 weeks out from my comp. I'm 5'11", 222lbs right now, bodyfat around 12% or so.

Any advice, I'll gladly take. JFYI, I take the protein shake/cup of oatmeal about 30 minutes before I hit the gym, so I have enough energy in the gym.

Drugs:

To make a long story short, I've run a bulking cycle that started January 5th, and have just extended it and made it into a cutting cycle for my comp. From Jan 5th to June 7th (my comp date) is exactly 22 weeks.

Wk 1-10: 1 amp E3D sust
    Wk 7-13: 75mg EOD Fina
    Wk 10-20: 400mg EQ
    Wk 14: Begin Clen , 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
    Wk 15-21: 100mg Prop EOD
    Wk 15-contest: 50mg Winny ED

I could also throw fina into the end of my contest cycle plan, I haven't decided yet.

Supplements:

Multi 2x a day
    Extra Vit. C
    Creatine
    Glutamine
    Joint Formula

Let me know what you think. Cardio will be started on week 14. I could use any advice cardio wise.

Thorazine

RATM is offline Senior Member
    you need to send this to mikexxl , he is the guru on diets and also primodonna and dr derek.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I think the "supplements" look good, as for the diet, there is a lot of complex carbs there, but you are still 16 weeks out from your show, that should be ok, but be prepaired to replace some of the carbs with steamed veggies, salads, greenbeans etc as you progress through your diet. Other then that it is very clean so you should see changes in your BF % and then just adjust as you go along. Onother sudgestion is to cycle your carbs, 327gm is a lot for dieting, i know i would not loose much BF if i had them that high, i need to kick around 200gm per day. What i do is cycle them day-1 i will have 150gm, day-2 i will have 200gm and day-3 i will have 250gm, and back to day-1...all other micro nutrients stay constant, so for you maybe 200, 250 and 300gm would work well, first try what you have written out as you know your body a lot better then i do and see what happens, if you stop loosing weight, you might want to give me sudgestions a try. As for cardio i poreffer low impast such as walking, i start out with 4 days a week at 30min per session first thing in the morning, and work up to 45min 5-6 days a week as i see fit and see how my body is changing...Hope that helps out a bit...XXL

...and thanks RATM.......

Thanks for the reply man!

Just by cleaning up my diet, I've been able to lose bodyfat and put on some LBM in the weeks previous to my contest prep, so I will stick with it for 2 weeks and then I am going to try your carb cycling.

Actually, my last week of prep is going to be what you have laid out in this very forum! I plan on carbing up almost exactly like you for the most part. I hope you don't mind this.

I'm not naturally a "big" guy. Before I trained, I was a paltry 150lbs, so my metabolism is pretty fast.

I'm starting fina pretty quick so we'll see how that helps. I will also start cardio next week, 3 days a week, low impact walking style.

I'll keep everyone updated in this thread, so wish me luck! I'll get some photos up shortly so you can gauge my progress as well!

Thorazine

Good Luck Bro, and yes, you can use the carb up...lol...

Oh, btw, another question.

What is your target heart rate mike? I don't have a gym really close to me, so my only option for first thing cardio on some days might be to get up and go for a jog/fast paced walk, which I don't mind doing.

I do have a heart rate monitor, and am wondering what I should keep it around so as to remain "low impact".

Thanks for the advice bro, I really appreciate it.

Oh, and I'm using all PVL gear going into this, so I should be hard!

Thorazine

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    60 - 65 % is low impact for me. I can lose BF without any/much muscle at that heart rate.

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz
    60 - 65 % is low impact for me. I can lose BF without any/much muscle at that heart rate.

Pain
    I would agree here, i do not use a heart monitor, i just fast pase my ass through 30-45 min of walking and that's all......XXL

Thread Information