j.daddy is offline Junior Member

posing practice for first comp.

This is my first thread in this section. I'm sorry if it's a stupid question. I've been training for a few years and decided to take the leap into compitition. I have and still am learning a ton. I have one thing that is driving me nuts and that's posing. I realize that there is an art to posing and that it is not just standing in front of everyone flexing.
    I've commited to doing the NPC Oklahoma championship, and entering the novice class. I was wondering how soon should I start posing practice with an instructor. I have a woman training me. Before you say anything, she is going to Nationals this year and has more experience than anyone I know. I can start posing with her I just don't know how far out to start doing it on a regular basis.

By the way, the competition is 6 months and 1 day away (not that I'm counting). I will accept any criticism, I will only listen to crunstructive criticism. I really want this and know that I know almost nothing. Still, this is a dream of mine and I am willing to do almost anything. If what you have to say is harsh enough to get in trouble than p.m. me.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    First show, 1/4 turns and mandatories start practicing daily at 12 weeks out.

Thanks for the response

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    My best advice is since you already have a trainer you believe in, listen to her and only her.

Thread Information