Necrosaro is offline Senior Member

Usb Install of Windows 7(Installed by Necrosaro)

I finally have windows 7 ultimate on my computer coming from xp home and may I say a lot of things have improved.

I have a intel duel core running at 6 with 3 gigs of ram, 4870 Radeon card, 250 gig 7200 hard-drive stock audio.

Everyone installs there systems with a disk but Im different and used a USB thumb drive to install 7. Install took about 19 minutes and no problems came to surface while installing.However I did reformat it for a clean install(backup my files that I wanted first before I did) It found a lot of my drivers(even though I ended up updating them) and even connected me to my wireless internet. At first glance using windows 7 I noticed a improvement in effecience compared to XP.

Xp was installed with winlite to remove a lot of the junk I didn't need so it was pretty clean and fast but the difference between both is night and day. Took some time to get used to the changes however but got it within about half an hour of working on it.

In all honesty Bill gates has a good system on his hands and cannot wait till some service packs come out to get some little issues fixed here and there. Till then I recommend 7 to everyone who has not upgraded to Vista or has Vista.

I used Microsoft Windows for 15 years before I switched to Linux.

It was a difficult decision to make because I had accrued 15 years of knowledge and expertise with MS-Windows, but it paid off eventually.

I wouldn't go near Microsoft software now.

For people new to Linux, your best bet is to get Ubuntu Linux, it's fantastic and easy to use for beginners.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    ^ Yes I still use classic Ubuntu on my laptop. Great operating systenm as well and never gets enough praise for how well done and clean it is.

Thread Information