Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Where to buy bitcoins?

Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Above my head

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    They are just games that earn you bits of coins for fun
    Luttrj likes this.

Nice to see bitcoin climbing again. It was up to 10,700 this morning when I checked

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thanks for all of this info and effort, Bio!

I did get a Blockchain wallet setup. Maybe this weekend I'll venture into buying btc and moving it it into my Blockchain wallet.

Edit: I did find a local cryptocurrency ATM as well. How much of a PITA is it to go that route and what info would I need to have on hand to buy and move it to my Blockchain wallet?
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-28-2018 at 03:29 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Thanks for all of this info and effort, Bio!

I did get a Blockchain wallet setup. Maybe this weekend I'll venture into buying btc and moving it it into my Blockchain wallet.

Edit: I did find a local cryptocurrency ATM as well. How much of a PITA is it to go that route and what info would I need to have on hand to buy and move it to my Blockchain wallet?
    Do not bother with Coin base Go to he ATM and send the coins directly to block chain. All you will have to do is click Receive in the Block chain App and scan the QR Code at the ATM and it will put the coin straight to Your BC Wallet

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Do not bother with Coin base Go to he ATM and send the coins directly to block chain. All you will have to do is click Receive in the Block chain App and scan the QR Code at the ATM and it will put the coin straight to Your BC Wallet
    F-in awesome! Thanks, Bio!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    F-in awesome! Thanks, Bio!
    Welcome to a much easier way of doing things brother!!

So, I wanna purchase something and the site states not to use Coinbase cause they will cancel my acct. They suggest blockchain. I opened a BC wallet. My question is, is it safe to keep LTC in coinbase until I want to move to BC and change to BTC to then make purchases with or am I making this too difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Luttrj View Post
    So, I wanna purchase something and the site states not to use Coinbase cause they will cancel my acct. They suggest blockchain. I opened a BC wallet. My question is, is it safe to keep LTC in coinbase until I want to move to BC and change to BTC to then make purchases with or am I making this too difficult?
    You can but IDK why you would. there are better wallets out there for investment

Nice jump it bitcoin value today. Back up over 11,000 my wallet likes it
    Luttrj likes this.

Nice jump it bitcoin value today. Back up over 11,000 my wallet likes it
    Yea not a bad day. Made almost 400 bucks since 9am today on LTC

Boom Up to 11,500 now

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bump...subbed. Thanks for this info brother. I’ve yet to delve into this crypto currency world. Not sure I fully understand it but this thread definitely helps!

BTC is Below 9,000 I am going to buy some today while its low
    Luttrj likes this.

BTC is Below 9,000 I am going to buy some today while its low
    Wishi had a few grand to throw at it.

Where to buy bitcoins?

Quote Originally Posted by Luttrj View Post
    Wishi had a few grand to throw at it.
    I usually just do a couple hundred bucks when it’s low and watch it grow

I usually just do a couple hundred bucks when it’s low and watch it grow
    That's what i did at $8956.

gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    I've used Binance once, but found it overly complicated tbh

Quote Originally Posted by gymffiti View Post
    I've used Binance once, but found it overly complicated tbh
    use the phone app its much easier to grasp

gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    use the phone app its much easier to grasp
    Yeah, it's a little better. I was just dipping my toe into the world of crypto.

I got a few Cardano ... Don't laugh lol

Quote Originally Posted by gymffiti View Post
    Yeah, it's a little better. I was just dipping my toe into the world of crypto.

I got a few Cardano ... Don't laugh lol
    I have some of that along with Tron.... Make sure to grab some BNB use BNB to pay the binance fee's and its 50 % less
    gymffiti likes this.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Haven't been on this board in a long while, log in for the heck of it and see a Crypto subforum.

Very cool as I'm in to crypto and have been for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by XBiker View Post
    Haven't been on this board in a long while, log in for the heck of it and see a Crypto subforum.

Very cool as I'm in to crypto and have been for quite some time.
    Which ones are you investing in?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    man, just finding this thread!

Bio, what app do you suggest using for this?

I need to do some homework. Have no clue how to start but going to check out that other thread.

I know I am late to the game, hoping I can find some to make a lil profit
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    man, just finding this thread!

Bio, what app do you suggest using for this?

I need to do some homework. Have no clue how to start but going to check out that other thread.

I know I am late to the game, hoping I can find some to make a lil profit
    You and me both, RC
    RaginCajun likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    so wait. if i move bitcoin I purchased at $9k to block chain, and the maker climbs to $11k, my block chain stored coins are froze at $9k?

You move them at whatever the going rate is cause that’s what there worth you own the same amount of coin it’s value just fluxes

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries
    I hate to seem so dumb . But I am 58 and see many online supplement companies using that as opposed to a credit card ? If you would please offer a dumbed down simple way to understand Cryptocurrency how to make money with it and simple ways to get involved ? I know that on this forum many hate to spoon feed any one person ! But I know a young man like 21 that invested early a year ago and he made several 100 thousand dollars in less than a year . He went from failing Coast Guard boot camp to buying 2 new cars for cash and bought $400,000.00 home in Utah and paid for over half of the home down and is making more money but he will not share much info ??? He got a second mortgage on the home and reinvested and he never even goes to work ? Please be tempered with my question .
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 04-22-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    I hate to seem so dumb . But I am 58 and see many online supplement companies using that as opposed to a credit card ? If you would please offer a dumbed down simple way to understand Cryptocurrency how to make money with it and simple ways to get involved ? I know that on this forum many hate to spoon feed any one person ! But I know a young man like 21 that invested early a year ago and he made several 100 thousand dollars in less than a year . He went from failing Coast Guard boot camp to buying 2 new cars for cash and bought $400,000.00 home in Utah and paid for over half of the home down and is making more money but he will not share much info ??? He got a second mortgage on the home and reinvested and he never even goes to work ? Please be tempered with my question .
    You are asking a very broad question that its not easy to answer, it seems you are asking about crypto in terms of investment, not in terms of using the crypto coins to buy stuff, right?

As an investment it is true that some early investors got crazy profits, but also they invested their money into something that was useless at the time, and in many aspects even now it still has a lot of development to do before going mainstream.
    For example, if you would spend 1000$ in 2012 when each was worth 1$ or less, you would have 1000 bitcoins. At todays price it would be worth 8.8 millions, but back in december it was almost worth 20 millions USD.

The problem with all this is that would mean going all this years without cashing out, and if you bought at 1$ it would be very hard not sell it in 2014 when it reached 1000$, at least thats my opinion.

Now on the opposite side if you bought in the 2014 peak of 1000$, you would have to wait 3 years just to break even, as it went down to 300.

Do I mean with all this... it is very volatile and nowadays it is more speculation than ever, as bitcoin technology is completely outdated (network cannot handle the number of transactions).

Adding up you have the altcoins which are called alt from 'alternative', basically every crypto currency that is not bitcoin is an altcoin, and the famous ICOs (initial coin offers). It is very hard to keep up with the market, and some movements are either insiders or complete random.

So, if you want to invest there is a lot of things you need to learn, from the technology, to the exchanges, to the crypto wallets. Also you need to have some degree of computer knowledge or you might open yourself to crypto theft, and no police will be able to return your funds, it will be lost forever.

Dont know if I helped much, but like I said you made a very open question. Try reading something about it, and hit us with more specific questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You are asking a very broad question that its not easy to answer, it seems you are asking about crypto in terms of investment, not in terms of using the crypto coins to buy stuff, right?

As an investment it is true that some early investors got crazy profits, but also they invested their money into something that was useless at the time, and in many aspects even now it still has a lot of development to do before going mainstream.
    For example, if you would spend 1000$ in 2012 when each was worth 1$ or less, you would have 1000 bitcoins. At todays price it would be worth 8.8 millions, but back in december it was almost worth 20 millions USD.

The problem with all this is that would mean going all this years without cashing out, and if you bought at 1$ it would be very hard not sell it in 2014 when it reached 1000$, at least thats my opinion.

Now on the opposite side if you bought in the 2014 peak of 1000$, you would have to wait 3 years just to break even, as it went down to 300.

Do I mean with all this... it is very volatile and nowadays it is more speculation than ever, as bitcoin technology is completely outdated (network cannot handle the number of transactions).

Adding up you have the altcoins which are called alt from 'alternative', basically every crypto currency that is not bitcoin is an altcoin, and the famous ICOs (initial coin offers). It is very hard to keep up with the market, and some movements are either insiders or complete random.

So, if you want to invest there is a lot of things you need to learn, from the technology, to the exchanges, to the crypto wallets. Also you need to have some degree of computer knowledge or you might open yourself to crypto theft, and no police will be able to return your funds, it will be lost forever.

Dont know if I helped much, but like I said you made a very open question. Try reading something about it, and hit us with more specific questions.
    Agree right now idk if I would be doing a lot of investing. The price could still drop and loose big. A lot of guys that made good money were investing in ether when it wasn’t worth much at all . I buy a little at a time when the value drops below 7 thousand use it to buy stuff when the value goes up. Not trying to make huge gains. To much risk

Blog Entries

Concerning

Sorry for my shotgun question like I said I am not up to speed ! Thank you very much BB I guess I was not plain . you did answer part of my question but how do I buy them to use with a slush fund of extra $$$ just sitting here and I do not know how to use on my HCG website that is very popular with members on this site . it has HCG in the name . Thank you and please carry on ! You seem to have a good grasp of the system and I need HCG , lol !

BenTren is offline Banned
    I normally buy BTC through Coinbase then store the bitcoins in a blockchain address. Many silk road secrets :P Enjoy!

Look and see if you have a bitcoin atm in your area. That’s the easiest way cause you can buy and send them directly to your blockchain wallet

Quote Originally Posted by BenTren View Post
    I normally buy BTC through Coinbase then store the bitcoins in a blockchain address. Many silk road secrets :P Enjoy!
    Thats very easy to trace it back to you, you know that right?

Sorry for my shotgun question like I said I am not up to speed ! Thank you very much BB I guess I was not plain . you did answer part of my question but how do I buy them to use with a slush fund of extra $$$ just sitting here and I do not know how to use on my HCG website that is very popular with members on this site . it has HCG in the name . Thank you and please carry on ! You seem to have a good grasp of the system and I need HCG , lol !
    I dont know which site you are talking about but that doesnt matter as they are all the same. Best way is to use ether or litecoin which will have much lower fees, and will be much faster than the old king bitcoin. Sweet would be ATM cash to ether, which would transfer your eth coins to your crypto wallet (very easy set at MEW), this would be untraceable.

Alternatively you can use monero or zcash if you are worried about anonimity.

If you are not worried about anonimity, just set up a coinbase account, if you want to avoid fees you need to learn how to use its exchange GDAX. Buy the coins with credit card or T/T and pay at website, using the address and value provided by them.

Crypto is still not very user-friendly I have to say. There are some apps being developed to try and tackle this.

Blog Entries
    Would I need the consider a registered address if just using for HCG and some peptide sites

What type of fees ? straight up % or by transaction are they expensive .......Say $500.00 would have a fee amount ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 04-23-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Would I need the consider a registered address if just using for HCG and some peptide sites

What type of fees ? straight up % or by transaction are they expensive .......Say $500.00 would have a fee amount ?
    Dont know what you mean by registered address.

Coinbase has 4% fees on T/T, and Im not sure but maybe 6% (or more) for credit card... Dont know as I dont use CC, lol.

Then you have crypto fees to transfer the crypto coins. Bitcoin fee is expensive, can be over 10$, ETH is a few cents, it varies in time, you can check here how is the eth network fees and speed: https://ethgasstation.info/. Usually litecoin is more or less same as eth.

BenTren is offline Banned
    Thats very easy to trace it back to you, you know that right?
    mmm i mean if on the off chance anyone did decide to trace that single transaction of BTC where probably hundreds of thousands of transactions of bitcoins are made daily probably yeah. If you're washing your bitcoins you can do that but it's a waste of time and BTC. If you ever do a transaction and do a PGP encryption it's highly unlikely. It's still a risk tho yolo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information