bad_man is offline Anabolic Member

Creatine and Cutting

I've read several dudes here say that they do not recommend taking creatine while cutting due to the fact that it makes you bloated. Here's what I was thinking...

Creatine helps to increase muscle mass. More muscle mass leads to a higher metabolism which can help shed fat. So, if I supplement with creatine, the extra muscle mass I gain will help me shed fat. I can worry about the bloating once I've reached my goal as far as fat loss.

Please feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I've read several dudes here say that they do not recommend taking creatine while cutting due to the fact that it makes you bloated. Here's what I was thinking...

Creatine helps to increase muscle mass. More muscle mass leads to a higher metabolism which can help shed fat. So, if I supplement with creatine, the extra muscle mass I gain will help me shed fat. I can worry about the bloating once I've reached my goal as far as fat loss.

Please feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.
    Simply because there is no guarantee or direct correlation with creatine increasing muscle mass. It increases cell size, but that is done through water. The only thing that increases muscle mass is amino acids and building of lean muscle tissue.

You may be able to lift more with the "leverage" from the additional water, however that is not directly responsible for more lean mass growth.

~SC

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I understand what you're saying. Let me think on this for a bit.

Thread Information