Headstrong_555 is offline Junior Member

Cutting Diet Needs Some Work!

Please Critique my 3 Week cutting diet. It should be noted that I am using T3/Clen for the duration of the diet. Current stats are 24yrs old, 205lbs, 5’9’’ 14% BF. I will be doing cardio at moderate to high intensity 4-6 times a week as well. Plese let me know what you all think. I am somewhat foggy regarding my pwo meal. I have read to avoid simple carbs when cycling with T3. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your comments and suuggestions
    -=-Head-=-

Meal 1 – 8 egg whites
    2 yolks
    ½ Cup of Oatmeal
    Total = 403 Kcals, 27g Carbs, 12.5g Fat, 42.5g Prot

Meal 2 – 50 grams protein shake
    1 tbsp Udo’s Oil
    Total = 395 Kcals, 4g Carbs, 18.5g fat, 50g Prot

Meal 3 – 8 egg whites
    2 yolks
    Total = 248 Kcals, 0 Carbs, 10g Fat, 36g Prot

Meal 4 – 8oz white fish or chicken
    1 cup green veggies
    Total = 280 Kcals, 6 Carbs, 2g Fat, 54g Prot

Meal 5 – 50 grams protein shake (1 hr before workout)
    Total = 260 Kcals, 4g Carbs, 4g Fat, 50g Prot

Meal 6 – 50 grams protein (pwo)
    80 grams of carbs (50% dextrose 50% maltodextrin)
    Total = 550 Kcals, 84g Carbs, 4g Fat, 50g Prot

Meal 7 – 8oz white fish or chicken
    1 cup green veggies
    Total = 280 Kcals, 6 Carbs, 2g Fat, 54g Prot

Meal 8 – 50 grams protein
    1 tbsp Udo’s oil
    Total = 395 Kcals, 4g Carbs, 18.5g fat, 50g Prot

Overall Totals = 2811 Kcals, 135g Carbs, 71.5g Fat, 386.5

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why 3 weeks as a time-frame?

Dextrose pwo is ideal, don't let drugs change what works for glycogen recomp.

If you let drugs interfere with normal/appropriate dietary practices, the focus is wrong.

I personally know a lot of people who use Cytomel w/dextrose pwo in their approaches, and there is nothing wrong w/it.

~SC~

Well in 3 weeks I am going on vacation (AVN's in Vegas ), so I just want to shed a little bf. Dont get me wrong, I am not looking for a huge tranformation, but I think I can make some decent progress. Also, it is my first go at using T3. I have done my research and am using the ramp up of 5/40/55. Hence the other reson why I am only going for 3 weeks.

I asked the question about the dextrose, only because I read it somewhere. I know there is a ton bs out there, but I still wanted to be sure.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I see no issue w/you using dextrose pwo, that is ideal for glycogen replinishment, shuttling of aminos for repair (utilize isolate w/it), and sets the stage for recovery.
    Make sure you have your correct amount though, of course.

Good luck! I love Vegas, I hope to get there soon myself.

~SC~

Hey thanks again. Just so I am clear, I am using 40g of isolate, 80g of carbs (50/50 mix as per The Unoofcial Cuttin Diet) and also utilizing Glucorell. My main concern was around fat and calories. I have heard people say you dont have to kill your cals and fats (good fats) when using T3, but you really must pay attention to the amount of carbs you are taking in. On non-workout days, I have only the protein (in place of the PWO) and no carbs so that cuts 325kcals and 80g of Carbs. Should that work? Sorry for the multiple hits>

-=-Head-=-

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    One quick thing I see in meal number one, you have yolks and oatmeal.... I am assuming you want to stick with a pro/carb here, so cut the yokes and just consume the whites with the oats...

BTW, your a lucky bastard attending AVN...

Good luck

Makes sense about meal 1 and I will make the necessary adjustments. Everything else look alright? I appreciate you taking the time for giving feedback.

-=-Head-=-

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    One quick thing I see in meal number one, you have yolks and oatmeal.... I am assuming you want to stick with a pro/carb here, so cut the yokes and just consume the whites with the oats...

BTW, your a lucky bastard attending AVN...

Good luck

Agreed, one of the rules of cutting is to keep any insulin secretion separate from fat intake. Even though the oats are complex and will digest relatively slowly as opposed to something like sugar, an insulin response is still present. Are you doing cardio before this meal? If so i suggest you cut the Oats and make it a protein/fat meal. If not I suggest you cut the yolks and make it a protein/ Carb meal. -cheers

Thread Information