sauceman19 is offline Junior Member

does this diet look rite?

im 5-8, 160lbs.... i am determined to eat good this cycle (my 2nd)

830am- protein shake within a half hour of waking up
    1015am- a 1/4 of turkey (sliced coldcuts)
    1230pm- tuna on whole wheat, fruit salad
    3:30pm- protein bar
    4:00pm workout
    600pm- protein shake
    630-7pm- dinner (this will be varying but i know i can keep it clean)
    800pm- protein shake (thinkin maybe protein PM)

i feel like i dont have enough carbs in there..im a skinny kid so i know i need the calories.. also what about vegetables, where should i throw them in..
    also keep in mind this is based around my work day in the summer.
    .. get up around 8, work by 9, 1015 break, 1230 lunch, 230 break, 330 out, 400 gym, home by 6

let me know what u guys think.. thanks in advance

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    over half of your meals come from supplements. You need to eat more REAL food and put some good FATS in you diet...(i.e. olive oil, nuts, flax oil, some fish, natural peanut butter, etc...) check this thread out: http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=113010

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It looks sh*tty, and you're doing a "cycle" at 160 lbs and you've already cycled once?????? What did you weigh before the first cycle, 140???

How many years have you lifted??

I see nothing but shakes/bars/inadequate pwo feedings.

Ain't gonna get it done. I'd look into learning about an intelligent dietary approach and train naturally for a good 5-7 years first. There are posts atop the page marked "IMPORTANT" that can assist you.

Get to it!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by sauceman19
    im 5-8, 160lbs.... i am determined to eat good this cycle (my 2nd)

830am- protein shake within a half hour of waking up
    1015am- a 1/4 of turkey (sliced coldcuts)
    1230pm- tuna on whole wheat, fruit salad
    3:30pm- protein bar
    4:00pm workout
    600pm- protein shake
    630-7pm- dinner (this will be varying but i know i can keep it clean)
    800pm- protein shake (thinkin maybe protein PM)

i feel like i dont have enough carbs in there..im a skinny kid so i know i need the calories.. also what about vegetables, where should i throw them in..
    also keep in mind this is based around my work day in the summer.
    .. get up around 8, work by 9, 1015 break, 1230 lunch, 230 break, 330 out, 400 gym, home by 6

let me know what u guys think.. thanks in advance

sauceman19 is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the responses.. i think you guys are definetly rite, there needs to be more "real food" in there and there are too many shakes. from 1230 to dinner is prob my weakest point, ill try to get in another meal on my 230 break.. what am i lookin to eat approx like an hour n a half before my workout? also im gonna throw in some meat before i go to sleep along with my shake...

to answer your question swole.. yea i was around 143 before my first cycle and peaked at 164.. ive been off for over a year and been maintaining 160... ive been training for 4 years

thanx

big_mike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sauceman19
    thanks for the responses.. i think you guys are definetly rite, there needs to be more "real food" in there and there are too many shakes. from 1230 to dinner is prob my weakest point, ill try to get in another meal on my 230 break.. what am i lookin to eat approx like an hour n a half before my workout? also im gonna throw in some meat before i go to sleep along with my shake...

to answer your question swole.. yea i was around 143 before my first cycle and peaked at 164.. ive been off for over a year and been maintaining 160... ive been training for 4 years

thanx

To answer your questions...your diet is terrible..too many shakes and bars. 1/4 turkey cold cuts? This stuff is chock full of sodium..not to mention there are no good carbs or fats included in this meal. Whole wheat bread and fruit salad? You could add some good carbs here as well...those are trash. Last...you should be putting on some more weight naturally before you start another cycle. I was 177 or so naturally before my first cycle. Im 5'6 tall...and about 8-10 % body fat all year round. Seems like you are jumping into things when i think you can gain naturally first by adjusting your "diet" while at the same time increasing the intensity at the gym. Nutrition comes first, not gear.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I echo that.

I think a bigger base should be built first, but to each his own.

~SC~

MCMARK is offline Associate Member
    dont you get the ****s from all the protien drinks?? i know that 2 per day is my limit.. i know there easy to make and drink but shouldnt you get some mre real foods in your diet..jmo

Thread Information