Sema is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Tired of being an ectomorph

Hiya,
    well, what can i say... I must be an ectomorph in its worst gradation. I'm 17, not getting 130 lbs .Been skinny all my life and it sucks. I'm eating my ass off and it doesnt really help at all. I wonder if a diet would help but i'm very sceptical, since all the junk food now isnt helping either...
    Anyway, does anyone has some comments or so? I hate training my ass off as hard as i can, watching everybody else in gym looking beefy while my figure looks like nothing...

Thanks and Respect
    Semark

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    post everything you ate/drank yesterday and be honest...your only cheating yourself.

morning: -2 sandwiches w/ peanutbutter
    - a big glass of milk
    at 10: - a snickers
    at noon: - a hot meal, consisting out of meat, potatoes and vegs
    at 4: - 2 snickers
    at 10: - a bowl of soup and 4 sandwiches

I drank a litre of water and a litre of coke too

Hope you can do something with this
    Greetz and Respect

Semark

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Well you really need to try to shoot for taking in alot more complex carbs such as rice, potatoes and such. Leave the simple carbs along as they have little or no nutrional value and will do little in any overall muscle gains. Sorry to tell you though once a ectomorph, always an ectomorph. These are body types and are determined by ones overall skeltal structure. Now I'm not implying that you can never make gains. That is simple not true. With the proper diet and workout routine along with time you can make veryt imnpressive gains. You should try to take in at least 5 to 6 meals a day. Small ones preferrably. The daily caloric needs that you will require would take a little more information though. Dieting does not have to be as hard as it sometimes seems. Take a look into the educational; threads for a post entitled "How to determine your caloric intake" You may have to type it into the search engine as it is a pretty old post. Print it out then go back and do a search for "Tables to determine you caloric intake" Both will set you in the right direction of where you need to be diet wise. If you have any questions just let me know. The math is fairly simple.
    IC

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i can help a little. at 17 I was 6'2" and 140lbs. At one point I got that up to 211lbs. Now i am a pretty lean 180lbs. And i did this all natural. I am also an ectomorph in the worst way. What I found to help the most.

1) periodize your training. My body adapts really well and i plateau in ~4 weeks even changing excersizes. I found periodization of the rep/weight schemes to help a lot. This also allows you to lift heavy going for 2-3reps at some points to increase overall strength rather than mass.

2) power excersizes. ie power cleans, jump squats and the like. also be sure to use compensetory acceleration on all excersizes. other than that. be sure to do mainly multijoint mass building excersizes. squats, squats, and more squats. definitely the best excersize.

3) THE MOST IMPORTANT thing is diet. Your diet just wont cut it. As a breakdown eat 1g / lb of body weight you want to be in protein. Also eat alot of good calories. cut that snickers shit out. you should be eating rice, and other complex carbs. I find 20-25*body weight you want to be a good starter. that means if you want to gain 20 lbs to get to 150. eat 3000-3300 calories and 150 g of protein. Now I found this good. you may need to up you calories since you are so small.

4) quit doing cardio. burn all your calories in the gym with weights. Doing cardio will push you more to overtraining. If you want to run or something, do sprints and plyo's.

try this out and adjust accordingly. keep in mind that if you just turned 17 you may still be growing and hit a spurt.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with jeffylyte completely. I used to be 6'0", 150lbs my senior year by the end I was up to 180lbs. The most I have ever been was 210lbs. I accomplished this by eating right (i.e. GOOD calories, tons of protein, and plenty of rest) and doing the power movements jeffylyte suggested. Being an ecto does suck but it doesn't mean we can't be big, we just have to work 3 times harder than everyone else. Good luck.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    Also drink WAY more water, I try to get in a least a gallon a day.

ok, thanks all for the advice! you really helped me out, i'll keep you updated on my progress

Thread Information