zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

scrambled vs boiled

How much protien do you loose by scrambling eggs? Like not the exact number but a general idea?

I know it has to have been in a past thread but i couldn't find it in a search.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    i think its exactly the same if not better..i always scramble 6-8 egg whites with 1 or 2 yolks in it with wheat toast and sugar free jelly and a glass of skim milk its an awesome breakfast and gives me tons of energy

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    y wouldnt it be the same unless you burn the shyt out of them

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    just don't burn them and you'll be fine. i would GUESS that the nutrition of both cooking approaches would be the same.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    either way is fine...as nova said, just dont over cook

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    roteins denature when they lose their three-dimensional structure - their chemical conformation and thus their characteristic folded structure. Proteins may be denatured at the secondary, tertiary and quaternary structural levels, but not at the primary structural level.

When food is cooked, some of its proteins become denatured. This is why boiled eggs become hard and cooked meat becomes firm.
    A classic example of denaturing in proteins comes from egg whites, which are largely egg albumins in water. Fresh from the eggs, egg whites are transparent and liquid. But by cooking they are turned opaque and white, and form an interconnected solid mass. The same transformation can be effected with a denaturing chemical.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    roteins denature when they lose their three-dimensional structure - their chemical conformation and thus their characteristic folded structure. Proteins may be denatured at the secondary, tertiary and quaternary structural levels, but not at the primary structural level.

When food is cooked, some of its proteins become denatured. This is why boiled eggs become hard and cooked meat becomes firm.
    A classic example of denaturing in proteins comes from egg whites, which are largely egg albumins in water. Fresh from the eggs, egg whites are transparent and liquid. But by cooking they are turned opaque and white, and form an interconnected solid mass. The same transformation can be effected with a denaturing chemical.

well put

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac

Couldnt Have said it better myself.... No REALLY... Im not smaat' enuff!!!

Thread Information