ascendant is offline Senior Member

cutting calories during a week off from lifting?

just wondering when you guys take a week off here and there during training, how much you guys typically cut your calories during a week off from training? i'm sure there's a lot of factors to take into account here, but just a general percentage reduction, or maybe some of you don't reduce them at all? just wanted to hear some peoples thoughts on the subject.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Lowering the kcal intake would depend on your overall activity level: whether you're doing cardio or not...etc.

When i take time off from the gym i don't adjust my kcal intake. Not consiously at least.

My rest periods 'off' aren't extended (i.e. never more than a week)... and they're for recuperative purposes... so i'm feeding my body during that period same as always.. with maybe a greater emphasis on the more nutrient dense foods (not necessarily high kcal.. but high vit/min/phytochem).

Thinking about it..My meal timing may differ as well, so as to reduce stress on the digestive system. I may eat only when i'm hungry as opposed to because it's '2 o'clock and i have a meal due'

As i said.. the changes aren't conscious.. but definately recuperation-geared.

So technically yes my kcals are lower.. but not to a significant degree. I believe if tabulated at the end of the day the kcal count may not be significantly lower.

And there's no planned ratio or planned percentage reduction.

Nark

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I usualy dont take a week of when cutting. But since my workout days are higher in kcal than my rest days because of the pre and pwo shake I would automaticly lower my kcal intake during a rest week I recon

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    bump

Thread Information