Slaiv is offline Banned

Rice Vinegar!! Some info plz

ok i just found out that my aunt cooks with ALOT of Rice Vinegar!! why does it matter?!

because her food is AMAZING !!! OMG!!! It has such a flavor that i am just left stunned everytimg i eat something

for example

she makes this fish (tilapia) and she coats it with Rice Vinegar evenly on both sides, slices up some ring onions, adds some olive oil and a little pinch of black pepper and O M G !!! In less than 7 minutes, your eating a meal for kings !!

another one is that she get a chicken breast, around a good 8oz size, slices up some red bell peppers, adds a little bit of Celery Salt, Rice Vinegar, some olive oil and 8-10minutes later, better than CHILI's !!!!!!

i love that rice vinegar stuff.... BUT !!!! Im on a cutting diet, i was wondering if you guys had any info about Rice Vinegar

i checked the nutritional value of it and all it is is 0 calories per tsp and 0 everything else, fats, carbs, sugars, fibers, etc.. etc...

and of course something THIS good cant be good, like i heard someone say on this forum, if it tastes good, dont eat it !!!!

im on a cuttin diet btw!! Lookin to get down to at least 16% BF (currently 26%)

so yea, any thoughts on the rice vinegar? or is vinegar in general bad for you? or is it great? to hard on the liver? great for your kidneys? i dunno, some feedback will be greatly appreciated !!

thanks !!
    Last edited by Slaiv; 07-30-2007 at 11:09 PM.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    i found this little article about it, sorry i didnt search more, but im already running late for the gym, i just had to get this out of me before i forget, so hopefully when i get back from the gym ill get some good comments

http://www.nutrapower.net/ricevinegar.asp

Slaiv is offline Banned
    come on guys, nothing?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Rice vinegar is a vinegar made from fermented rice or rice wine in China, Korea, and Japan.

[edit] Chinese Rice Vinegars

Chinese rice vinegars are stronger than Japanese ones, and range in colour from clear to various shades of red and brown. Chinese and especially Japanese vinegars are very mild and sweet compared to distilled and more acidic Western vinegars which, for that reason, are not appropriate substitutes for rice vinegars.

White rice vinegar is a colourless to pale yellow liquid, higher in vinegar content and more similar to Western vinegars, but still less acidic and milder in flavour.

Black rice vinegar is very popular in southern China. Chinkiang vinegar, which originated in the city of Zhenjiang in the eastern coastal province of Jiangsu, China, is considered the best of the black rice vinegars. Normally black rice vinegar is made with black glutinous rice (also called "sweet rice"), although millet or sorghum may be used instead. It is dark in colour, and has a deep, almost smoky flavour. In addition to Zhenjiang, it is also produced in Hong Kong.

Red rice vinegar is darker than white rice vinegar, and paler than black rice vinegar, with a distinctive red colour from Red yeast rice (红曲米), which is cultivated with the mold Monascus purpureus. This vinegar has a distinctive flavour of its own due to the red mold.

In Chinese cookbooks, ½ tablespoon of Western distilled white vinegar is stated to be equivalent in strength to 1 tablespoon Chinkiang vinegar [Congee, Rice Noodles, Noodles, and Rice, by Mrs Lee Tsang Pang Chin, Hong Kong, 1989]. Many Chinese people who grow up with rice vinegars take time to grow accustomed to the strength of Western vinegars when they start to encounter them.

[edit] Japanese Rice Vinegars

Japanese rice vinegar (米酢 or simply 酢 (lit. vinegar)) is very mild and mellow and ranges in colour from colourless to pale yellow. There are two distinct types of Japanese vinegar: one is made from fermented rice and the other, known as Seasoned Rice Vinegar is made by adding sake, salt and sugar. Seasoned rice vinegar is used in sushi and in salad dressing varieties popular in the west, such as ginger or sesame dressing.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    .... so is this good for a cutting diet or am i lookin at fat city here?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    just work it into your daily calorie intake bro...

takedownII is offline Member
    aren't you the turkey bacon guy?!...lol..you crack me up man!

this vinegar stuff sounds like it is fine....if it helps you to eat the things you are supposed to then i say go for it because it sounds like there is nothing really to it....in fact i might get some and see if it helps add some variety and flavor to my meals....

good luck bro

tkdwnII

Slaiv is offline Banned
    yes i am the turkey bacon guy

the rice vinegar has 0% everything!!

its crazy!! thats why i was wondering if this stuff was ok to use?

takedownII is offline Member
    you should change your name to turkey bacon!lol

the vinegar is fine just make sure you're eating good things with it...

Slaiv is offline Banned
    oh i am !!

ive added to alot of my everyday food in my diet!! and man im loving it !!!

Thread Information