Slaiv is offline Banned

EFA question, an answer please?

ok.... well i am currently on a bulkin/leaning diet, you know, getting leanest weight possible with very little to hopefully no fat increase.

Sooo..... before when i was on a cutting up diet, my macros were 285pro, 50carb, 29fat, NOW im doing 300pro, 110carb and about 40-50fat....

but my question is, can my EFA's come straight from P.B.? well i mean here is what i do

meal 1
    about 2-6g of fat from the food i eat

meal 2

1tbslp of P.B.

meal 3

1 tblsp of P.B.

meal 4

2 tblsp of P.B.

meal 5

about 2-6 of fat from the protein shake

meal 6

2 tblsp of coconut oil with my tilapia or chicken

so as you can see, the majority of my efa's come from P.B., but at night for dinner, i use coconut oil for my efa....

so im wondering, is it ok to eat all that P.B. to fill my efa daily intake? or that is too much, i should varietize more?

if you guys can help me out on this, id greatly appreciate it!!

ill do whatever it takes, even if i have to eat a spoonful of flax seeds to get my variety in EFA, trust me, ill do it !!!

but if you guys think im ok with the P.B. and the coconut oil at night, then ill keep that up too !!

just need some guidance guys!! thanks !!!!

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv View Post
    ok.... well i am currently on a bulkin/leaning diet, you know, getting leanest weight possible with very little to hopefully no fat increase.

Sooo..... before when i was on a cutting up diet, my macros were 285pro, 50carb, 29fat, NOW im doing 300pro, 110carb and about 40-50fat....

but my question is, can my EFA's come straight from P.B.? well i mean here is what i do

meal 1
    about 2-6g of fat from the food i eat

meal 2

1tbslp of P.B.

meal 3

1 tblsp of P.B.

meal 4

2 tblsp of P.B.

meal 5

about 2-6 of fat from the protein shake

meal 6

2 tblsp of coconut oil with my tilapia or chicken

so as you can see, the majority of my efa's come from P.B., but at night for dinner, i use coconut oil for my efa....

so im wondering, is it ok to eat all that P.B. to fill my efa daily intake? or that is too much, i should varietize more?

if you guys can help me out on this, id greatly appreciate it!!

ill do whatever it takes, even if i have to eat a spoonful of flax seeds to get my variety in EFA, trust me, ill do it !!!

but if you guys think im ok with the P.B. and the coconut oil at night, then ill keep that up too !!

just need some guidance guys!! thanks !!!!

it dosent matter where it comes from as long as your macros allow it. you know this.
    try some milled up flax seed, it has lots of fiber and efas, it taste like crap though.IMO

Slaiv is offline Banned
    EXACTLY !!! that flax seed it nasty :'(

but thank you very much!! that was very reassuring !!! i love my P.B. !!!

yay !!!

TR'05 is offline Member
    ***** 3's via fish oil....Research them bro...and then incorporate them.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    i eat tuna fish everyday, 24/7, 365 days out the year, i think i may even get ***** 3 overdose since im eating them too much

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    What are your stats? The total calories seem VERY low in your diet. It adds up to like 1800. Also why such low carbs while bulking?

Slaiv is offline Banned
    C BINO !!!!!!! yay !!!

ok ok, low carbs because i dont want to get fat, im bulking but clean bulk, you know, increase muscle with very little fat gain.

also !! how do i increase my calories?

i dont understand that part, if my daily macros are lets say

300g pro (1200calories)
    80g carb (320calories)
    50g fat (450calories)

that equals 1970calories, but then i need lets say for example 2400 calories... how do i increase my calories WITHOUT increasing my other macros? im already eating ALOT of protein as it is (tuna, tilapia and chicken) carbs are a good amount so i dont get fat, and fats are just as good too so i dont get fat, so what can i eat to increase calories without increasing my other macros? and what is the importance of calories? if i already have the pro, carb and fat down, why worry bout calories?

you know, ill just make a thread about this, but you can answer me this one though

you think i should increase my carb intake to do a clean bulk? please keep in mind c bino, i dont want to get fat, i just want to swell up now !! i want my body to fill up my soft skin with alot of hard muscle so then i look like im RIPPER and SHRINK WRAPPED !!!

please help me on this, thanks !!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Definitely increase the carbs. Im on a clean bulk (dirty is stupid anyways so any bulk should be clean imo) and I take in about 500-600g carbs on a workout day. Maybe 400 on non workout days.
    You should have carbs at least at par if not higher than your protein intake.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    have carbs HIGHER than protein ?!?!?! omg !!!

that is totally going against everything i have worked and followed STRICTLY thus so far!!

thats like tellin me there is no god!!! im catholic btw , but im not all into that religion... ok of topic, sorry, but yea, MORE carbs than protein >?!?!

ok..... ill take your advice... starting next week, im going to pick up on wheat bread and more oatmeal and brown rice!! thanks c bino !!!

TR'05 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv View Post
    i eat tuna fish everyday, 24/7, 365 days out the year, i think i may even get ***** 3 overdose since im eating them too much
    What kind of tuna fish are you eating? Do you specifically buy fatty tuna? Tuna is extremely lean with a negligible content of ***** 3's...You've asked for advice with respect to EFAs- you are lacking EPA & DHA (specific polyunsaturated *****-3's). Take it or leave it.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05 View Post
    What kind of tuna fish are you eating? Do you specifically buy fatty tuna? Tuna is extremely lean with a negligible content of ***** 3's...You've asked for advice with respect to EFAs- you are lacking EPA & DHA (specific polyunsaturated *****-3's). Take it or leave it.
    whoa wtf? whats your prob? what did i say to make u respond the way u did?

"take it or leave it." ?

i just said that i eat alot of tuna, which is rich in ***** 3, thats it, your type of post was not needed. If you not going to post anything helpful, or at least understanding comments left by other, please do not reply in my threads. thanks.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Sorry bro, by no means did I mean it to be offensive in any way. Lack of tone via written (vs. spoken) word...I, by no means, meant to come off as an as*hole.

I understand after re-reading it that I was curt- uncalled for and I apologize. I think it would be a good idea to supplement with some fish oil on top of your tuna intake, is all.

I'm not one to flame over internet forums...

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Food for thought:

WHY “EFAS” FOUND IN HEMP & FISH ARE SO IMPORTANT FOR THE MODERN DIET

Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are components of fat that humans need to be healthy, however, our bodies can’t produce them and therefore they must be obtained through the diet. EFAs come in 2 families, called *****-6 and *****-3. Medical professionals including the renowned Dr. Andrew Weil recommend hemp oil due to its ideal *****-6 to *****-3 EFA ratio. In the respected book Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill, nutrition expert Udo Erasmus states, “The best-balanced plant source of EFA’s is hemp seed oil.” While health officials with the World Health Organization, Canada, Japan and Sweden recommend a 4:1 ratio, hemp oil’s 3:1 ratio is the closest of any naturally occurring oil.

It is estimated that 90% of Americans do not consume enough *****-3, known as the “good fats" doctors recommend as part of a balanced diet. Hemp oil is one of the few seed oils containing significant quantities (20%) of alpha-linolenic acid, an important *****-3 EFA. Hemp oil is also the source of a rare super *****-3 EFA called stearidonic acid (SDA) that is the “first metabolite” in the *****-3 family and therefore easy for the body to process. *****-6 EFAs are frequently added to foods through the use of common vegetable oils like corn, sunflower, and safflower, however, many people are unable to properly utilize *****-6 oils because enzymes needed to metabolize these oils are hampered by stress, environmental toxicity or aging. Hemp oil is a unique plant source of the rare and valuable super *****-6 EFA called gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) that is easy for the body to process and it bypasses the enzymatic blocks to allow proper *****-6 utilization. GLA is the key regulator of T-lymphocyte functions in the immune system and is involved in cell metabolism and growth.

There are other vegetable-based alternatives that also deliver EFAs. Flax oil is widely recognized as a valuable nutritional supplement, primarily because it contains more than 50% *****-3. But unlike hemp, it has somewhat overpowering taste and hemp oil is more stable and has double the shelf life of flax. Hemp’s emerald green oil has a “nutty” flavor and is great for use in salad dressings, pasta, veggies, sauces, dips and smoothies.
    from www.nutiva.com

Slaiv is offline Banned
    hey no problem, thanks for clearing that up

as for ottoman

very good info you got there!!

thanks alot everyone !!!

Thread Information