Thread: cutting diet

Jenseno9 is offline Member

cutting diet

I need to trim down a bit and since Im no expert on this I thought I would ask some people that are!

Cardio 35-45min
    drive home shower etc.

Breakfast 4egg whites 1 whole egg/ 1/2 c oatmeal with splenda

lunch chicken breast w/ a little bbq sauce or beef tenderloin/ medium to large sweet potato

before lift and 35-45min cardio Tuna pouch hot sauce/ wheat bread/ small handfull of almounds

PWO 45g whey/ 45g maltodextrin

PPWP chicken breast with bbq, beef tenderloin/ baked potato OR
    Large Hambuger on wheat bun ketchup and mustard, pickle

I know PWO shake is usually 1-2 ratio but Ive took 90g for a yr and never leaned out the way I would like. Is this a bad idea? Im guessing it is.

Any of suggestions?

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    you need to break your meals down to about 6 a day

how many calories are you consuming per day? What is your BMR?

Cut the potato out of your "lunch" meal, you dont need carbs then, only eat carbs for meal 1, preWO, PWO, and PPWO

give us some more stats, age, wt, ht, goals, bf% etc

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    stats
    24yr old
    6"
    around 18-20%bf

My goals would be to first get down to about 10%. Yes thats a good idea. I forgot so much since ive been out the game. Should I add some almounds? Or what nutrients should I be taking in here?

I dont know how many cals this diet takes in or my BMR.

thanks for your quick response though! Im going to bed so i wont be back till tomw morning

JSola is offline Associate Member
    These are your calorie intakes to MAINTAIN your current weight:
    2818 if you work out 1-3 days/week
    3177 if you work out 3-5 days/week
    3536 if you work out 6-7 days/week

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Quote Originally Posted by JSola View Post
    These are your calorie intakes to MAINTAIN your current weight:
    2818 if you work out 1-3 days/week
    3177 if you work out 3-5 days/week
    3536 if you work out 6-7 days/week
    i assume you are using the Harris-benedict formula... I believe that most people over estimate their "activity" level. Just because you lift weights 3 times a week does not automatically make multily your BMR by 1.55. What if you workout 5 times a week and work heavy construction, according to the harris-benedict equation you are equivilant of somone who sits at a desk all day and works out 3 times a week.

I agree that the H-B equation is a good baseline for someone just beginning but I think it has some major flaws that need to be addressed. OK I AM DONE RANTING...

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency View Post
    i assume you are using the Harris-benedict formula... I believe that most people over estimate their "activity" level. Just because you lift weights 3 times a week does not automatically make multily your BMR by 1.55. What if you workout 5 times a week and work heavy construction, according to the harris-benedict equation you are equivilant of somone who sits at a desk all day and works out 3 times a week.

I agree that the H-B equation is a good baseline for someone just beginning but I think it has some major flaws that need to be addressed. OK I AM DONE RANTING...
    What would you suggest as an alternative? I'm always interested in more accurate measures of BMR

JSola is offline Associate Member
    im just trying to give him something to work with, id hope the majority of people out there would be able to figure out that if they were bicycle delivery men, but they only worked out one day a week they wouldnt exactly fall into that category! but then again you never know.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Last diet checking I made was based on the H-B formula and to be honest I din't go well with it...So now I calculate my macros basically starting on the amount of protein my body needs and then consequently the carbs and fats according if mine should be a bulking or cutting diet. While cut, usually I go with 50% pro, 35% fat, 15% carbs (on a total Kcal amount). For example, if I need 300 grams of protein/day, my daily carb daily intake would be 90 gr and my fats would be 90 grams.
    Cheers
    CL

Thread Information