MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member

What do you think about this right before bed?

Is this BAD (in the timing of the meal per say)?

I am cutting currently, and before bed, I mean like half hour before bed if not earlier, i will make my Casein protein with all natty PB shake and chug it down. It meets my macros to get that in, but is it bad to drink it LITERALLY right before bed?

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaGiCJNG View Post

I am cutting currently, and before bed, I mean like half hour before bed if not earlier, i will make my Casein protein with all natty PB shake and chug it down. It meets my macros to get that in, but is it bad to drink it LITERALLY right before bed?

nope. as long as it fits it doesnt matter when you eat it. i eat a cup of oats right before bed.

also you ll be fasting you ll need those slow digesting proteins and fats.

FortKnox36 is offline Associate Member

If it fits man that sounds like a PERFECT right b4 bed meal. Very slow digesting to get you threw the night.
    I personally take a casein shake and eat 4 oz of london broil steak. I might give that a shot with the peanut butter, sounds pretty tastey.

Budk024 is offline Associate Member
    Hey fortknox thats what i would ideally eat but the london broil steak get a little expensive lol

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member

It is good. I do that every night.

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    Hey thanks guys. Just drank one of these bad boys and gettin ready to pass out now.

Hey Fort Knox if you have ON's Casein, get some all natty PB and a blender bottle (or if you arent lazy like me a blender, but i hate cleaning those things), and just shake it up and i swear i feel like i'm cheating. SOOOOOOOOOOO good!

kingfish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FortKnox36 View Post
    If it fits man that sounds like a PERFECT right b4 bed meal. Very slow digesting to get you threw the night.
    I personally take a casein shake and eat 4 oz of london broil steak. I might give that a shot with the peanut butter, sounds pretty tastey.
    So, having protein right before bed is okay even when cutting? Wow. Is this to prevent a catabolic state? I might hafta pick up some PB from Trader Joe's...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfish View Post
    So, having protein right before bed is okay even when cutting? Wow. Is this to prevent a catabolic state? I might hafta pick up some PB from Trader Joe's...
    oh yeah. forget the diet advice for the general public. now you're eating to help your body continue its growth. and that is a 24 hour process.

Dezeroth is offline Junior Member
    oats before bed? u can eat carbs right before u sleep? i thought it was only casein and fats to further slow down digestion, why the carbs (oats)?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    oh yeah. forget the diet advice for the general public.
    lol... "Don't eat after 8pm or you'll get fat!!!!"

Really? I'm under 7% and I eat 10 minutes before bed every night!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezeroth View Post
    oats before bed? u can eat carbs right before u sleep? i thought it was only casein and fats to further slow down digestion, why the carbs (oats)?
    i know it's stated over and over again... but it really depends on how your spread your macros out throughout the day. carbs are not bad, ever. it's all how your body responds to them and what macros you have set up for what meal. some days i stick to carbs before bed, while on others i eat basically all fat.

Dezeroth is offline Junior Member
    wow !! Thats great !! IT would make my Casein shake even better !!! ima pick that up !!

Thread Information