XChris1632X is offline New Member

Need serious help with bulking diet while deployed

I have never figured out a diet for bulking. All of my previous diets were more in the lines of cutting. I have always been at home where I could choose the foods I ate and actually calculate a diet together. I am deployed in a different country now but I have plenty of time for a good solid 6 month workout. I want to spend the good first half of it bulking. My problem is that I am not familiar with the portion of food I am able to get and the limited availability of some foods. I know that I will not be able to obtain the diet I would if I was at home but I want to try to remain flexible enough to make this work as close as possible. I have access to meals 3 times a day at a chow hall on base as well as a limited access to other various groceries so that I can pack a few meals while on post. I can not buy enough groceries for a complete do it yourself diet so I do rely somewhat on the chow hall. In the chow hall for breakfast and have been able to eat ommlets with ham and swiss cheese using only egg whites, bowls of plain oatmeal and some fruits and meats in the morning. For lunch and dinner I have access to various meats and chicken along with fruits and plenty of vegetables. I have Plenty of protein and vegetables for snack/inbetween meals.

My problem is I have only been dieting for about a year and since I have never tried a bulking diet I am not familiar with the portion sizes or the nutritional value of what I get. They kind of just give you scoops of food on your plate and I can get as much as I want of anything. I need some help and direction on trying to get set into a good routine. Sorry for those who can help me, I know I dont have a rough draft or anything to bring to the table that I have done on my own. I usually am able to research my diets and at least have a good base to start with.

I am shooting for 3500cals and counting on 6 meals a day.
    Last edited by XChris1632X; 11-24-2008 at 12:04 AM.

darkshadowlander is offline New Member
    more cals if u can 3500 not enough, well at least not for me

Thread Information