TODouble2 is offline Associate Member

separation of carbs and fats

i was reading one of the cutting stickies and it stressed the importance of separating carbs and fats... does this mean it is never good to have a meal consisting of both? and does this apply only to a cutting diet or bulking as well?

sizerp is offline Banned
    I always eat fats with my carbs. Just don't believe in only pro/fat pro/carb meals. My body doesn't respond well at least.

DS21 is offline Member
    I would say, as long as the majority of the calories come from protein and carbs you don't really have to worry about the small amount of fat that is consumed.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DS21 View Post
    I would say, as long as the majority of the calories come from protein and carbs you don't really have to worry about the small amount of fat that is consumed.
    Agreed. I have to go with Nova preaches about the ideas of a steady stream of carbs divided throughout each meal of the day (fats included), allowing for a sort of harmony, in relation to building mass and sustaining low levels of body fat. Your body needs fuel, and that fuel comes from energy that food provides. Energy is even utilized to digest new food and convert body fat into energy. Personally, as stated earlier, I feel the consistency in a well-balanced distribution of carbs in each meal.

DS21 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Agreed. I have to go with Nova preaches about the ideas of a steady stream of carbs divided throughout each meal of the day (fats included), allowing for a sort of harmony, in relation to building mass and sustaining low levels of body fat. Your body needs fuel, and that fuel comes from energy that food provides. Energy is even utilized to digest new food and convert body fat into energy. Personally, as stated earlier, I feel the consistency in a well-balanced distribution of carbs in each meal.
    That thread is so helpful. I used to believe in eating pro/carbs in the day and pro/fat in the evening, but each gram of fat has so many calories I would always stay at a higher bf% then I wanted. Since using their theory, pro/carbs every meal, it has helped me with more all day energy, better workouts and most importanly a smaller waist.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DS21 View Post
    That thread is so helpful. I used to believe in eating pro/carbs in the day and pro/fat in the evening, but each gram of fat has so many calories I would always stay at a higher bf% then I wanted. Since using their theory, pro/carbs every meal, it has helped me with more all day energy, better workouts and most importanly a smaller waist.
    Yeah! That thread is great - full of great information and both Nova and Nark-Sauce are great guys. I've been bulking naturally for about 4-5 months now, therefore if I miss a meal with carbs, I hunger bad. I have been experimenting with Carb cycling to throw my BMR off a bit, and to change up my routine. It's been working great so far. I train with Cardio even while bulking - regardless of the amount of work it takes for me to gain.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    I agree with Nova and Nark as well... All of my meals contain 60-80g carbs and 15-20g fat and 50ish g protein... Before bed I drop my carbs to about 40 for that meal and up the protein and fat, but keep calories the same

im a believer in seperating carbs and fats.. if your body has carbs and fats available it will always use carbs first as the bonds are easier to break down which causes your body to store more of the fat in adipose tissue

can u tell ive just always wanted to use the words "adipose tissue' :P

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    they key is moderation! If you are consuming a meal of 50+ grams of carbs adding in fat isn't a bad thing but my rule of thumb is to keep fat under 15 grams for this meal. The fat will actually help slow down absorption, therefore keeping blood-sugar levels consistent. I like to use fish oil for my primary source of efa's due to its calorie content and numerous other benefits.

Thread Information