Thread: Good PWO Shake?

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

Good PWO Shake?

Hey guys,

Im looking for something to take right after workouts cause it typically takes me 30-45 minutes to get home plus prep time to make something but I dont want to wait that long to get carbs back in. I dont usually like shakes, but I think this would be the best way to ensure I get something in immediately PWO. I have a protein shake (ISO Sensation 93) but it does not fill the carb requirements.

Workout is currently:

35-45 mins bike or treadmill @ 135-145bpm (heart rate)
    5 min break
    10-15 mins hitting the bag

30 mins weight training (not for size, just maintanence)

Im not looking for a full diet critique, but Im currently sitting around 2200 cals/day for the next month trimming a bit of fat.

Any recommendations on a good PWO shake?

thanx guys.

KP

PS- In about 3 weeks I will need some full diet help, hope to get some great tips to keep my progress going.

ray0414 is offline Member
    just for the sake of making sure its out there, u know u should do your weight training first right? For my shake, i use chocolate soy milk ( i like my choc soy milk damnit leave me alone),about 2.5 cups of that which puts in about 57 carbs, then i add in a cup of grinded up oats which adds another 27 carbs bringing the total to 85. the shake itself tastes really good this way too.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    No jokes about the choc soy milk. Its the only way I can drink that stuff. I didnt even think of incorporating that stuff as I dropped it out of my daily intake about 3 months ago. Might try that

About the weight training, I know normally I should do the weights first, but Im back on my pre-fight training cutting for another 6 weeks. When I drop another 15 lbs I will do a more muscle training based workout.

Thread Information