Thread: Perricone's Way

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

Perricone's Way

My family and I are eating in the way Perricone suggests (right food combination, protides first, only complex glucides, green tea, blueberry, and so on...) since one year so far and to us it's the best eating way we came across in our entire life.

I am about to start my first cycle and wanted to know if any of you have experimented his advices while on juice.
    Thank you
    Last edited by BJJ; 09-02-2009 at 08:39 AM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    What's the Perricone diet?

BJJ
    With the help of the combination of specific foods, some supplements and the precious supply of fruits and vegetables, he has been proposing a comprehensive approach that stimulates the metabolism, check the hormones and the cycle of insulin . Burning the exceeding kilos keeping the muscle mass, that with the passing of years is shrinking, and improves aspects as the quality of sleep, the level of energy, and the control of stress.

Being still natural, I would reccomend it since we had great results.
    Having read almost all his books, I must admit I think it may be great while on cycle (adding a few things) but maybe even better while on PCT.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    With the help of the combination of specific foods, some supplements and the precious supply of fruits and vegetables, he has been proposing a comprehensive approach that stimulates the metabolism, check the hormones and the cycle of insulin . Burning the exceeding kilos keeping the muscle mass, that with the passing of years is shrinking, and improves aspects as the quality of sleep, the level of energy, and the control of stress.

Being still natural, I would reccomend it since we had great results.
    Having read almost all his books, I must admit I think it may be great while on cycle (adding a few things) but maybe even better while on PCT.
    Ok.

That's still too vague. I'd need to hear something specific about it to give you my opinion.

BJJ
    I haven't got much time now but I shall provide some more info soon.

CJG560 is offline Junior Member
    My wife followed the Perricone diet for a while. This is how I understood it.

Basically, the diet is based upon the concept that what you eat can have a direct impact on how you look. Perricone first geared the diet to women as a supposed way to improve skin quality. He is really high on antioxidents and fish oils.

If you’re following the Perricone Diet, a typical day of eating would look like:

Breakfast would include three egg whites and one whole egg, a half cup of oatmeal, and a serving of cantaloupe.

Lunch would consist of up to six ounces of grilled salmon or tuna, two cups of romaine lettuce, and more cantaloupe.

Dinner would consist of more salmon, romaine lettuce, cantaloupe, and a cup of broccoli.

Snacks resemble something like two ounces of chicken breast and a green apple.

My wife tried it for 3 months and did not like it. Specifically she did not see any difference in her BF% (granted she is pretty low to start), overall feeling of wellness or energy levels. In fact, she experienced some issues related to the drastic increase in the amount of fruit pushed by the diet.

Granted she tried the diet about 4 years ago and it may be different now, so BJJ’s diet may differ.
    Last edited by CJG560; 09-02-2009 at 10:06 AM.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by CJG560 View Post
    My wife followed the Perricone diet for a while. This is how I understood it...
    Granted she tried the diet about 4 years ago and it may be different now, so BJJ’s diet may differ.

It differs yes, this is the way I eat presently (considering my weight and sport activity, so 6 days a week):

Breakfast would include eight egg whites and two whole egg (big eggs), 3,50 oz of oatmeal, and a serving of 3 oz cantaloupe, plus 1 cp multi minerals/vitamins, 0,35 oz glutamine and 0,25 oz of EFA fats.

Lunch would consist of 13 oz of grilled/smoked wild salmon ex Alaska, 5 oz of romaine lettuce, 2 oz of aubergines, all dressed with 0,35 oz of extra virgin olive oil and 0,35 oz of lemon juice.

Dinner would consist of 11 oz of grilled tuna, 4 oz of savoy, 2 oz cantaloupe, 2oz of broccoli, all dressed with 0,35 oz of extra virgin olive oil, 0,35 oz of lemon juice and 0,35 oz glutamine.

1st Snack morning 4,50 oz of white yogurt and 0,50 oz of walnuts.

2nd Snack afternoon 5 oz of chicken breast, 0,30 oz of green olives and 0,35 oz glutamine.

I drink 3 liters of mineral water from bottles, the rest of the water I get it from vegetables and fruits. 1 oz BCAA per day and before bed a powder supplement containing 2 oz of Casein, 1 oz of low index carb and 0,25 oz of EFA fats.

Every day I eat considering protides, glucides and lipides, different foods.
    So, the above written diet is just a day example. What does not change is the daily intake among macro nutrients which in my case is 31 oz of proteins, 22 oz of carbs and 3 oz of fats.
    Last edited by BJJ; 09-06-2009 at 02:22 PM.

BJJ
    Come on guys, no one experienced his food combinations while on cycle?

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    i see a few issues there...

1. the white yogurt

2. not eating a slow digesting protien before bed

and we would obviously need macros with your bmr/tdee

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    i see a few issues there...

1. the white yogurt

2. not eating a slow digesting protien before bed

and we would obviously need macros with your bmr/tdee i do not understand
    There were a few mistakes wich I solved.
    So, regarding the white yogurt what's wrong with that?

simple sugars..

what dont you understand about your bmr/tdee???

BJJ
    simple sugars..
    i believe you are just joking here so a reply is not really needed.

what dont you understand about your bmr/tdee???i don't understand "bmr"? and "tdee"? those are shortcuts standing for what?

Thread Information