Kumitsu is offline New Member

In Need Of Help !

Hello all,

Starting this Monday i would like to get back on a Diet to get leaner and loose a lot of body fat, but i just don't know what to eat and at what time of the day.

Height: 5"7
    Weight: 160lb's
    Bodyfat: 15-17%
    Waist: 31-32

I usually eat subways, a wrap with tuna and chicken teriyaki, and sometimes i eat yellow rice with lots of tomatos and chicken, i usually eat maybe 3-4 times a day.

I am super dedicated and i am willing to follow a strick diet, I really need help.

Before: 212 Pounds
    After: 153 Pounds

January, 2008:

August 2008:

December 2008:
    Last edited by Kumitsu; 01-11-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    excellent work so far. first check out the diet threads at the top of this section.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Look like you made some decent progress last year. Although you get points taken away from getting suckered into shopping at whatever store that is!! Look at some of the sticky threads on dieting and that will get you started in the right direction. Put something together then have people on here tweak it for you a bit.
    Last edited by FireGuy; 01-11-2009 at 08:56 PM.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Good job kid... keep working hard

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Look like you made some decent progress last year. Although you get points taken away from getting suckered into shopping at whatever store that is!! Look at some of the sticky threads on dieting and that will get you started in the right direction. Put something together then have people on here twaek it for you a bit.
    HAhaha, that was at one of the Disney Stores Up in Orlando/Florida

Ok i have read the stickies so far, but im still not getting the help i want.

What i really need is a 6 meal plan throughout the day with food names and the amounts needed to eat.

So Far i am looking to loose body fat/cut up!!!, but im not too familiar with what works better: so far i have this:

6:40am: Banana, A cup of Fat free milk, 1 scoop of BCAA in water & (1 Fish Oil Pill)

7:00am: Workoutout + 30-45min Cardio

8:45am: 1 Scoop Whey Protein, 2 Slices of Wheat Bread with 1 Can of Tuna

11:00am: 1 Baked Potato (Sold at Wendy's)

2:00pm: Brown Rice, Lots of Tomatoes, Chicken & (1 pill of Fish Oil)

5:00pm: ???

7:00pm ???

10:00pm: 1 Scoop of Casein Protein by Optinum Nutrition With fat free Milk

Again i am not very experienced in nutrition at all, so if someone can fix this up for me, i would greatly appreciate it.

TRYER is offline Associate Member
    wow did you get good progress whiles eating subways?
    congrats you have really changed your body in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by TRYER View Post
    wow did you get good progress whiles eating subways?
    congrats you have really changed your body in 2008

yea, just subways, too loose the weight. to gain muscle and definition i ate different kind of stuff.

lost 58 pounds in 3months and 8 days eating subways
    Last edited by Kumitsu; 01-12-2009 at 01:37 PM.

TRYER is offline Associate Member
    now you have me interseted!
    do you have the time to post a typical days diet plan as a guide for me to follow.
    cheers kumitsu

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    You need 30-50 grams of a lean protien with every meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumitsu
    Can you help me over at: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...64#post4371864

i could use help, please.

can you make me a detail plan ?
    Firstly good work.

Secondly you are gonna have to do some more.

Dieting isn't really hard, there is too much in the stickies.

1. Know how many calories you want to eat every day. Google BMR do the activity multiplier and the you will have a number. Add 500 calories if you want to bulk or subtract 500 if you want to cut.

2. Eat at least 6 meals and eat the same amount every meal. Eat every 3 hours.

3. Eat 40% lean proteins 40% low GI carbs and 20% fats that are EFA's. Use fitday or calorieking if you aren't sure of what you are eating.

Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Firstly good work.

Secondly you are gonna have to do some more.

Dieting isn't really hard, there is too much in the stickies.

1. Know how many calories you want to eat every day. Google BMR do the activity multiplier and the you will have a number. Add 500 calories if you want to bulk or subtract 500 if you want to cut.

2. Eat at least 6 meals and eat the same amount every meal. Eat every 3 hours.

3. Eat 40% lean proteins 40% low GI carbs and 20% fats that are EFA's. Use fitday or calorieking if you aren't sure of what you are eating.

Any questions?
    Yeah LOL,

basiclly what foods can i eat that includes 40% protein, and what foods for 40% low GI carbs, and what is GI ? and what are EFA's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumitsu View Post
    Yeah LOL,

basiclly what foods can i eat that includes 40% protein, and what foods for 40% low GI carbs, and what is GI ? and what are EFA's ?
    There really aren't any. You are gonna have to make meals. You have to eat like salmon with brown rice. Or 6 egg white with 2 whole eggs with some oatmeal.

Your gonna have to look at the labels on every thing. I would start with fitday and just log the foods that you ate today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_fatty_acid
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycemic_index
    Last edited by FallenWyvern; 01-12-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    There really aren't any. You are gonna have to make meals. You have to eat like salmon with brown rice. Or 6 egg white with 2 whole eggs with some oatmeal.

Your gonna have to look at the labels on every thing. I would start with fitday and just log the foods that you ate today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_fatty_acid
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycemic_index
    The question is, how much calories should i be taking in daily if i want to get cut ?

I weight 160 pounds, any take on this ?

(160*.83/2.2*21.6+370)*1.375=2300ish assuming light activity multiplier. This would be your Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

If you eat 2300 calories you will maintain your current weight and in theory you will be gaining muscle and losing fat if you eat correctly. I would add or subtract 400 calories depending if you wanted to gain or lose weight.

Assuming that you choose 2300 as your target calories consumption. Let's start with a 40%pro/40%carb/20%fat. That would be 230grams pro/230grams carbs and 50grams fat. Let's say that you are gonna eat 7 times a day. Roughly you should eat about 35 grams protein and carbs every meal. I did a lot of rounding to make it easier.

I would build your plan around eating 35grams pro and 35grams carbs at each meal. Your gonna get some fats from most lean proteins anyways.

Start there and make adjustments every 3 or 4 weeks, adding or subtracting calories in 400 calorie increments. Who knows exactly what is gonna work for you....

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    ok bro, let's get to work

first thing, you need to know how many calories your body burns on a daily basis, why? because without knowing that you can't even begin to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose/gain or do whatever

this formula will give you your basal metabolic rate, which is basically a measure of the amount of calories your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day and did nothing

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

once you figure out this number, post it and we'll start making a diet for you

also answer these questions

specific goal? cut? bulk?
    what do you do for a living?
    anything else you think is relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post

first thing, you need to know how many calories your body burns on a daily basis, why? because without knowing that you can't even begin to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose/gain or do whatever

this formula will give you your basal metabolic rate, which is basically a measure of the amount of calories your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day and did nothing

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

To the original poster, do that and see if the number comes up similar or different than the number I proposed. I used the light activity multiplier.

This is what i came up with when i multiplied it by moderatetely active (1.55):

Weight: 160

= 30037050.875

does this sound correct at all ?

my specific goal is to cut body fat alot, right now im somewhere between 15-17% measured by a electronic.

As for a living, well i lost my job like 1 week ago so i am unemployed atm.

I wake up at 6:40am to eat something light (like a banana and a cup of fat free milk & BCAA) to start the gym at 7:00am, i workout till 8:40am, for example:

Mondays: Chest & Sometimes Cabs
    Tuesdays: Bicep & Tricep
    Wednesday: Legs / Cabs
    Thursday: Back
    Fridays: Shoulders/Traps/Cabs

I switch the order around so i wont stick to the same routine, and i usually do different workouts as well.

One other thing i forgot to mention is, that its really hard for me to eat more than 4 meals a day, if i have to i will
    stuff myself just because i really need to change, but sometimes i am full for more than 4 hours at a time.

I Recently started taking "Fish Oil Caps" it says O M E G A in the bottle and it says to consume 2 daily.
    Last edited by Kumitsu; 01-15-2009 at 01:29 PM.

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member

= 30037050.875

my specific goal is to cut body fat alot, right now im somewhere between 15-17% measured by a electronic.

I wake up at 6:40am to eat something light (like a banana and a cup of fat free milk & BCAA) to start the gym at 7:00am, i workout till 8:40am, for example:

I switch the order around so i wont stick to the same routine, and i usually do different workouts as well.

One other thing i forgot to mention is, that its really hard for me to eat more than 4 meals a day, if i have to i will
    stuff myself just because i really need to change, but sometimes i am full for more than 4 hours at a time.

I Recently started taking "Fish Oil Caps" it says O M E G A in the bottle and it says to consume 2 daily.

once your body gets used to eating every 3 hours the metabolism will speed up while efeectively burning the calories quicker and better so yuo will get to the point where you want it i know when its almost time i eat every 3 hours and at about the 2.5 hour mark my stomach starts growling then i know its almost time to eat plus if im still stuffed at any point ill use a shake or a meal replacement so i can just drink it down and be done just dont make your diet about shakes

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    wow great work man! im sure you will do wonders with BB if you can stay as dedicated as you did with the weight loss!

= 30037050.875
    no, when i did it i got 2700, i bet you multiplied all the numbers together, anyway, 2700 is the number of calories your body burns on an average day so in order to lose fat you have to eat less than this or increase your metabolism, personally i like to eat close to maintainence and use cardio to burn fat

my specific goal is to cut body fat alot, right now im somewhere between 15-17% measured by a electronic.electronic calculators are normally +/-3%

get that squared away first, as food can get expensive, what was your last job? how bout working at a supermarket till you find a better job, you can probably get a discount on food then

what are cabs? do you calves or abs? you need more rest i would do this instead

Mondays: Chest & Triceps
    Tuesdays: Back & Biceps
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Legs
    Fridays: Shoulders/traps/calves

write out what you eat today or tomorrow and we'll start tweeking it

6:40am:
    -Mid-Size Banana
    -2 Slices of Wheat Bread
    -3 Slices of Thin Turkey Breast (Butter Ball 50% Less Sodium)
    -Cup of Fat Free Milk
    -1 Scoop of BCAA in water
    -1 Fish Oil Pill
    -1 Multi Vitamin Pill

7:00am:
    Gym + 20min Cardio

9:00am:
    -1 Scoop of 24g Protein in Water (Whey Protein by Optimum Nutrition)
    -4 Egg Whites & 1 Full Egg with the Yellow Thingy

1:00pm:
    - Spaghetti
    - 1 Fish Oil Pill

5:00pm
    -1 cup of Brown Rice
    -2 Cups of Lean Chicken
    -Lots of Tomatoes
    -Mash Potatoes with very little Butter

8:30pm:
    -2 Slices of Wheat Bread

10:00pm
    -1 Scoop of Casein Protein with Milk (By Optimum Nutrition)
    -1 Multi Vitamin Pill

And throughout the day i have dranked like 3 of these: http://www.monsterenergy.com/product/locarb.php

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
    Last edited by Kumitsu; 01-15-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40 View Post
    wow great work man! im sure you will do wonders with BB if you can stay as dedicated as you did with the weight loss!
    Thanks a alot,

I am dedicated, this is the year that i need my 6 packs out and bodyfat in the 6-10%, i will do whatever it takes to get there, but since im not very familiar with nutrition i would need help from the pros.

I know the food can get expensive but thats not a big deal since i live with my parents and i tend to work with my dad on the weekends to earn money, so the food part is taken care of.

As for Cabs, i men't Calves .

can you separate cardio and weight lifting?

Sure, how and when should i do it?

Looks like the formulas came within 100 cals if you use same multiplier.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sure, how and when should i do it?
    For me the most effective way to cut/drop body fat was cardio first thing in the AM on an empty stomach and lift in the evening.

6:00am:
    40minutes cardio on an empty stomach(heart rate 110-130), walking on an incline

7:00am:
    -Mid-Size Banana
    -2 Slices of Wheat Bread
    -Cup of Fat Free Milk
    -1 Scoop of BCAA in water
    -1 Multi Vitamin Pill
    get enough turkey to equal 50g of protein or close
    9:00am:
    -1 Scoop of 24g Protein in Water (Whey Protein by Optimum Nutrition)
    -4 Egg Whites & 1 Full Egg with the Yellow Thingy
    add some sweet potatos(30-40g of carbs worth)
    1:00pm:
    - Spaghetti(whole wheat)
    - add some tuna to it(40-50g worth)

5:00pm
    -1 cup of Brown Rice
    -2 Cups of Lean Chicken
    -Lots of Tomatoes
    -Mash Potatoes with very little Butter

Gym 6:30

right after gym
    50-60g of lean chicken
    60-70g of carbs from sweet potatoes

10:00pm
    -1 Scoop of Casein Protein with Milk (By Optimum Nutrition) (two scoops, get it to equal 40-50g of protein
    - add 10-12 fish oil pills(how many mgs are these? 1000mg? 1200?
    -1 Multi Vitamin Pill

And throughout the day i have dranked like 3 of these: http://www.monsterenergy.com/product/locarb.php

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
    cut the monsters unless you really need them, if so try to use just one per day, think of it as a treat

cut the monsters unless you really need them, if so try to use just one per day, think of it as a treat
    The Bottle of Fish Oil says 2 Serving = 2000MG (how many should i take, and how many at one time) ?

There's one little problem, i just got a job and i wont be able to do the gym at 6:30pm, Only way i can do it is in the mourning and with cardio, how should i do this based on my eating schedule ?

Also at 1:00pm what else can i eat beside spaghetti?

When i do my cardio: walking in a incline, how much of an incline are we talking about ? (i will get myself a watch that monitors my heartbeat)

And thanks for your help, i really appreciate you taking your time to help me out.

bumpity bump

The Bottle of Fish Oil says 2 Serving = 2000MG (how many should i take, and how many at one time) ?
    i would take 14-16g at your last meal at least
    There's one little problem, i just got a job and i wont be able to do the gym at 6:30pm, Only way i can do it is in the mourning and with cardio, how should i do this based on my eating schedule ?
    then eat 30-45minutes at least before you workout, then do your workout and do cardio after, then on the days you don't workout, go in the morning and do empty stomach cardio
    Also at 1:00pm what else can i eat beside spaghetti?
    throw in some tuna or chicken
    When i do my cardio: walking in a incline, how much of an incline are we talking about ? (i will get myself a watch that monitors my heartbeat)
    different machines measure differently, the best way to do it is to set the machine at 3.0mph and then increase the incline until your HR is around 120-130
    And thanks for your help, i really appreciate you taking your time to help me out.
    bold

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Seriously awesome progress in 2008 man. As stated above, if you worked hard enough to get this far, you are going to get really close to your goals.

You are in the right place to find the info you need to build your body right.

Again, props for a good start

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Seriously awesome progress in 2008 man. As stated above, if you worked hard enough to get this far, you are going to get really close to your goals.

You are in the right place to find the info you need to build your body right.

Again, props for a good start
    Thanks alot man, i will post pictures in 4-5months time.

bold
    thanks for your help, as well as the other members who helped, thanks all.

pictures will be posted in 4-5months

JerryCorbet is offline New Member
    If you will strictly follow your diet rules then it will help you to become healthy otherwise just choose body wrap to loose your fat and weight.

tommygustavo is offline New Member

Smile Increasing Metabolism

I admire your motivation and eagerness to be in your prime shape.
    Anyways, I also dealt with the same problems most people encounter -- attaining and maintaining our dream bodies. I eventually learned how essential our metabolism can work for our advantage. I learned it simply when I consulted to Chris Guerriero. Not only did he helped me transform my slow metabolism into a well oiled metabolism but also transformed my outlook on this matter. I'm positive that he can help you out too. Good luck!

Thread Information