Damienm05 is offline Productive Member

Revised my diet. Going for freaky. Any advice/critique?

So, I want to preface this diet with my goals. I kinda foreshadowed this in the title of my thread but I can't emphasize enough that I want to drop bf and cut rapidly. I am also cycling off of pre-workout Jack3d and anything like it for a while and using my own ECA stack. I know what is listed below is very light on carb/cal.

Stats:
    6'1", 23 years old, 200 Lb., 13% bf

8:00 AM, wake up.
    30 min high intensity cardio (outdoor running)
    8:45, Meal 1:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    170/36/.5/3
    10 egg whites, multivitamin/bcaas/fish oil

11:00 AM, Meal 2:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    376/43/34/13
    1/2 cup steel cut oats w/ splenda, can of tuna w/ tsp. EVOO/lemon juice. 1 cup steamed spinach.

<Workout>
    <PWO low intensity cardio (usually walking on full incline) - 60 minutes>

2:30 PM, Meal 3:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    280/60/7/1
    PWO shake w/ bcaas/fish-oil/multivatim

5:00 PM, on the way to work, Meal 4:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    411/51/12/16
    3 oz. Beef jerky, 1 oz. almonds (this meal is kinda weak but I go for beef because it will digest slowly as I can't eat for the next 4-5 hours at least. I'm a bartender.)

10:00 PM, meal 5:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    471/52/12/23
    6 oz. grilled chicken breast. 1 oz. Almonds. 1 cup steamed spinach.

12:00 AM, meal 6:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    220/48/6/1
    2 scoop casein shake.

Total:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    1913/288/69/58
    Last edited by Damienm05; 11-03-2009 at 02:53 PM.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Sooo what you want me to tell ya? You will lose weight? Because you will thats not really the best way to drop down you are going to eat alot of muscle tissue along with loads of bodyfat with that low of a caloric intake accompanied with that much cardio! Why r u trying to lose so quickly??...TOP

To answer the why so quickly question, I just really want to. I suppose my job has gotten stale, my schoolwork is becoming more intense, I am single, and have very little free time. I am happy but only because I take immense joy in waking up, looking in the mirror, and being more ripped than i was the day before. I weighed 260 lbs in may, dieted down to a healthy weight and about 15% bf, and over the past month and a half or so, I have seen some really nice gains on a balanced diet as well as steady fat loss, but I just can't stand the thought of being above 10% bf for another day! Before I went to college and gained the weight that put me at 260, I'd been between 5-8% bf my whole life. So, it's a long answer but there ya go; I guess it's just "my thing".

Topher, you are definitely more than knowledgeable, so I put a lot of stock in your advice. I did not know I would lose muscle on this diet, let alone not see lean gains. Will cutting out the high intensity AM cardio change that or are my cals simply too low? Also, while knowledgeable about nutrition as it relates to food, I am very new to bodybuilding diets and supplements as a whole, any tips are always appreciated.
    Last edited by Damienm05; 11-03-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Klimax is offline Member
    I don't like those only pro meals.
    I suggest you beeing more patient. The results will be better and last more.

Well, I've added some more veg... lol.

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    bump....im curious as well, to why this would eat up muscle.

my routine looks very similar to this, except i alternate hiit and lit in am.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    What have you been eating? Were you gaining weight, maintaining, or losing?

Your proposed diet is only significant as it relates to what you have been doing. If you've been eating 2000 cals and maintaining weight, then eating that little may be ok for you.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Hey just got free! Ok you are 6'1", 23 years old, 200 Lb the calories you are implementing are around 1900 ok.... Now throw in A.M. cardio*(on an empty stomach which is very catabolic IMO) then doing 60 min cardio again later in the day plus all the walking around and "running from the cops because you DONT SMOKE WEED ANYMORE!! and your cals are prolly in the low 1100-1500 youch!. Your diet is not properly constructed...

8:00 AM, wake up.
    30 min high intensity cardio (outdoor running) Zero food in your system for 8 hrs IMO opinion you are eating yourself! Hanninbal Lector
    !!
    8:45, Meal 1:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    170/36/.5/3
    10 egg whites, multivitamin/bcaas/fish oil only 10 egg whites? you need fats here maybe some natty p.b.
    11:00 AM, Meal 2:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    376/43/34/13
    1/2 cup steel cut oats w/ splenda, can of tuna w/ tsp. EVOO/lemon juice. 1 cup steamed spinach. Not to shabby

<Workout>
    <PWO low intensity cardio (usually walking on full incline) - 60 minutes> Here that cardio word again!!2:30 PM, Meal 3:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    280/60/7/1
    PWO shake w/ bcaas/fish-oil/multivatim Take the BCAAS out of the shake they arent helping i suggest you drink the BCAAs whilst working out and cardio,then have the shake,personally i wouldnt take it with the fish oil i wouldnt take it with any fat!! 30 minutes after taking the shake eat pro/fat this is where the fat needs to be!
    5:00 PM, on the way to work, Meal 4:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    411/51/12/16
    3 oz. Beef jerky, 1 oz. almonds (this meal is kinda weak but I go for beef because it will digest slowly as I can't eat for the next 4-5 hours at least. I'm a bartender.) This meal must be a power meal it neads to be like steak veggies and fat!

The number 1 NO NO! there is too big of a gap between pwo meals and 10 at night your body is yearning for food and its being denied,you ass better make a shake with some protein powder, liquid egg whites .and fat ass oils in it 1 shaker cup and put that sucka behind the counter somewhere!~ It takes about 5.2 seconds to drink that thing down! Find a way Damien!10:00 PM, meal 5:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    471/52/12/23
    6 oz. grilled chicken breast. 1 oz. Almonds. 1 cup steamed spinach. Nice!

12:00 AM, meal 6:
    cal/pro/carb/fat
    220/48/6/1
    2 scoop casein shake. I would try to save this for 5 in the am or as late as possible that way when morning cardio comes around you have some energy there!!

My wife just cooked me a delighful dinner so im going to set down with her and my daughter and ill be back in a bit! TALK AMONGST YOURSELVESSSSS.... GO
    Last edited by **TOP**; 11-05-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Ok, very good. Back to the drawing board a bit. You rock though dude, this is invaluable.

Thread Information