sundown1 is offline New Member

Red meat vs white meat

as part of my daily diet i try to consume 4 pounds of meat a day, in the past this was mainly chicken and fish. However the last month i've switched to red meat like beef and kangaroo and have noticed increased strength through my workouts. What would be the reason for this? all meat have a similar amino profile don't they.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Increase is calories from extra fat. Inflamitory properties from the beef

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    just a guess, but you can eat red meat rare... white meat you cannot. Creatine is in all meats, but is destroyed by heat. There is some chance you are ingesting more creatine as well by not cooking your red meat as much.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sundown1 View Post
    as part of my daily diet i try to consume 4 pounds of meat a day, in the past this was mainly chicken and fish. However the last month i've switched to red meat like beef and kangaroo and have noticed increased strength through my workouts. What would be the reason for this? all meat have a similar amino profile don't they.
    4 pounds of meat a day? So you are you eating 2/3 of a pound of meat with every meal. I find that kind of hard to believe.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    just a guess, but you can eat red meat rare... white meat you cannot. Creatine is in all meats, but is destroyed by heat. There is some chance you are ingesting more creatine as well by not cooking your red meat as much.
    ^^^ THIS as well as the additional energy from the fats.

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    4 pounds of meat a day? So you are you eating 2/3 of a pound of meat with every meal. I find that kind of hard to believe.
    actually, since OP didnt' say how many meals, so meat per meal:

3 meals = 4/3 lbs per meal
    4 meals = 4/4 lbs per meal
    5 meals = 4/5 lbs per meal
    6 meals = 4/6 lbs per meal

I'm an accountant, and I catch these kinds of things...

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    i eat 3 to 3.5 lbs of beef a day, not really hard to do

Batt is offline Junior Member
    I think it depends wat kind of diet your on. Trying to gain weight or lose weight. If you were trying to lose weight that would be a lot of red meat to fit in to a diet to the avg. weight lifter (because or the fat content). I also have a lot more energy when I consume more red meat, and have more stength. I am trying to keep of weight so I cut it out to once or maybe twice a week. I to have been sticking with fish and chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by PC650 View Post
    i eat 3 to 3.5 lbs of beef a day, not really hard to do
    Well there is a large difference between 3 pounds of meat per day and 4.
    I usually eat around 3 and my protein intake is over 300

When your working 12 hours a day unloading trucks followed by 1 hour in the gym, the appetite tends to be rather large.

Batt is offline Junior Member
    When your working 12 hours a day unloading trucks followed by 1 hour in the gym, the appetite tends to be rather large.
    I hear you bro.
    I have days like that too.

Myalansky is offline Junior Member
    Damn, would love to try some kangaroo. Have never had.

danimal79 is offline Junior Member
    why limit yourself, when there's so many great sources of meat on this earth? everything does something different to/for your body, and because of this, a solid diet should feature a wide variety of sources.

kangaroo? now that's something i haven't tried. how's that like? I bet you can get inexpensively, too, considering there is a kangaroo population explosion going on down there.. or so i've heard.

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    I dont give a shit who says what, 4 lbs of meat/day is ridiculous. Anyone who gives a shit about his health should not consume that much meat/day, its stupid. I can hit 300 grams/day easy, and thats on just 1 lb meat/day, egg whites, and 2 protein shakes. 4 lbs of meat, your talking 400 grams protien just from the meat alone, a little overboard I think

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    I dont give a shit who says what, 4 lbs of meat/day is ridiculous. Anyone who gives a shit about his health should not consume that much meat/day, its stupid. I can hit 300 grams/day easy, and thats on just 1 lb meat/day, egg whites, and 2 protein shakes. 4 lbs of meat, your talking 400 grams protien just from the meat alone, a little overboard I think
    Without sounding like I am trying to argue (which I am not) I find the statement a little odd.
    Whole foods are generally superior to "man-made (whey prot)" foods as far as general health.
    Having said that I find this statement left wanting for factual backing.

michael2865 is offline New Member
    kangaroo goes good, its a different taste and quite tough (but then again your pretty much eating pure muscle) im pretty sure gram for gram it beats any other meat in the protien department with pretty much no fat. also good for the enviroment, (they are considered a natural pest over here). funny but, beacause the buggers are on our coat of arms lol

adzy is offline Junior Member
    To the OP, the slower absorption of the protein in red meat is an important thing to consider, really one should consume a balance of white & red meats through out the day to consume a full spectrum of amino acids.

Quote Originally Posted by michael2865 View Post
    kangaroo goes good, its a different taste and quite tough (but then again your pretty much eating pure muscle) im pretty sure gram for gram it beats any other meat in the protien department with pretty much no fat. also good for the enviroment, (they are considered a natural pest over here). funny but, beacause the buggers are on our coat of arms lol
    I hated kangaroo, the smell is pretty of putting, it is like cooking up pure muscle like a bicep or something.

1. Protein shakes are shit all the body does is piss em out 2. Dont come on my thread and call me stupid 3. Explain why its bad for my health.

Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    I mean not everyone can eat eggs or other things. Really the less shakes the better so to say that is kind of dumb.

He is getting whole food and red and white meats are his protein source. You dont have to take in shakes or eggs. They are not a requirement.

Can you explain why his choice of eating meat would be bad for his health? Because i eat around 3 pounds a day and i would like to know.

Deepseadvr101 is offline New Member
    Ok here is my issue i hope someone can help me out. i am 43 years old retiered Army Ranger. when i was in the Army it didnt matter what i ate i was big cut and felt great about 18 months ago i destroyed my left knee and have been out of the gym and on the couch playing playstation well doc said i can start to work out again. I went from 225lbs and in great shape to 280lbs and feeling like hell. I am alergic to poultry chicken, turkey, duck anything with feathers can someone give an idea of a substitute so i can start to burn off this fat im back in the gym taking it light at first but im so fat i feel i need some sort of edge anyone have any ideas???

tuna, eggs (if you can eat those), red meat

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepseadvr101 View Post
    Ok here is my issue i hope someone can help me out. i am 43 years old retiered Army Ranger. when i was in the Army it didnt matter what i ate i was big cut and felt great about 18 months ago i destroyed my left knee and have been out of the gym and on the couch playing playstation well doc said i can start to work out again. I went from 225lbs and in great shape to 280lbs and feeling like hell. I am alergic to poultry chicken, turkey, duck anything with feathers can someone give an idea of a substitute so i can start to burn off this fat im back in the gym taking it light at first but im so fat i feel i need some sort of edge anyone have any ideas???
    better to start your own thread, you'll get more response

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    OP, just try to consume a good spectrum of meat/fish/poultry

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    kangaroo? now that's something i haven't tried. how's that like? I bet you can get inexpensively, too, considering there is a kangaroo population explosion going on down there.. or so i've heard.
    x2!! i need to get out more often. are roos tastey or what? ive never tried.

Thread Information