Rodax is offline Associate Member

Want to get down to 10%

Height: 6'3"

Weight 225lbs. 24-25%bf according to scale.

Proposed Diet :

Breakfast 6 egg whites 2 greenish bananas

Meal 2 5oz boneless skinless Chicken Breast 1/2 cup of rice

Meal 3 5oz boneless skinless Chicken Breast 2 slices of whole wheat bread

Meal 4 Dymatize Elite fusion 7 (2 scoops) 1/2 cup rolled oats

Total Cals 1882 Protein 173.4~200 (may add a 3rd scoop or have a shake Fat 36.1 Carbs 189.5

Might end up adding in like a cup of broccoli and another chicken breast. And/Or add fresh baby spinach instead of the bread in meal 3. Major issue might come into play on Tuesday and Thursday, I have a class that goes from 1030am to 115pm with next to nothing for a break in the class. Prof is ok wig bringing food I would just feel bad chowing down on chicken (or even tuna) while most people bring snack bars etc lol

Anyway any and all help or guidance is much appreciated. I wanna get my diet nailed before jumping into 2x cardio sessions daily or something along that line.

Eventually I plan on going empty stomach cardio for 15-30min in the AM and then workout in the evening or another cardio session for 30-45min on non workout days. Really wanting to melt the fat off.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    And how has this diet served you over the last 3 months since you last posted it?

Can I suggest you read some of the other threads about cutting and rework your diet, pretty much in it's entirety?!

Rodax is offline Associate Member
    Hey Stem thanks for the post. Actually I never got the chance to follow it for even a month when I posted that 3 months ago. My parents needed me back home, they're both disabled. So taking turns with siblings over the summer to help them get situated was a bit of big pill to handle. Anyway I posted this on here to kinda get direction and also get a good idea where to go. Thanks for the suggestion, I have looked but I guess I'm at a loss as far as what else to post. Listing of each meal's individual macros? Also most of the literature I've read for my body type, it should be 50% protein, 25% fat, 25% carbs. Main concern is that if I want to cut down, what calorie base am I looking at, the weight I want to be at x15 to get the total Cal's or current weight x15? Anyway, I'm trying to convey that I have read a lot but there are some pieces.of info that muddle each other.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Family and injuries, the biggest cause of no progress!

Well, for starters, if your stats are correct your calories are waaaaaaay too low, even without knowing your true workout plans. I reckon you could eat close to 3000 cals and lose weight.

First up, am cardio needs longer than 15-30 mins. 40-60 mins will serve you much better. How many days is it truly viable for you to do this?

What time in the evening to you intend to lift and how many times a week?

As for your diet, I have no issue with 4 meals instead of 5 or 6 but you'll have to pack a lot in to those 4 meals to reach your macro's. But life gets in the way sometimes. Other than school, can you eat at 7am, 10am, 1 pm, 4pm,7pm and again at lights out?

Do you know if you are sensive to any carbs in particular, or at all? Personally I prefer cutting WITH carbs. Others don't. To get to 10% it is quite feasible to do it eating carbs. But it's about getting the balance right for you.

Try working out a diet that has 40g of carbs and 40g of prot and 9g of fat in 5 meals, then at meal 6 ditch most or all of the carbs. That'll give you about 2500cals. Healthy fats and plenty of leafy green veg.

Alternaltively, just add carbs to your breakfast and pre and post workout meals, 50g to each. Fats should stay about the same and you can up your pro a little.

Work something out that suits you and list it here. Please add macro's for each meal, I'm English and as far as I'm concerned a cup is something I drink tea from rather than a measurement of weight!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Good luck bro, hopefully you'll find the time in your personal life/responsibilities to take care of yourself a bit. It's very noble that you take care of your parents, but please don't forget about YOU.

Thread Information