usd610 is offline New Member

Cutting help. Narc or anyone else.

So as of right now here are my stats.

26 yrs old
    235lbs
    between 10-11%bf
    7 years constant training.

Im looking to drop to around 8-9% bf and had a couple questions regarding diet.

Im looking to do my first BB contest in september and want to get down to 8-9% before I start working with my trainer one on one. He goes from 60 weeks out. Here is what I am taking in right now each day.

Aprox 300 g carbs on lifting days and about 150 on non training day.
    on workout days I have 2 meals with carbs in the AM, and waxy maize in my PWO shake then 80 grams of whole wheat pasta in my PWO meal. On non training day I have the two am carb meals and thats it. (training- 1200 cals, off days- 600 cals)

Aprox 380-400g protein every day split in 7 meals (1520-1600cals)

Aprox 60 g of fat primarily from olive oil (540 cals)

So about 3300 on training days and 2700 on off days

Also I do am depleted cardio for 45 min-5 days a week,

I was wondering if this diet looks ok or if anyone would recommend keto or carb cycling.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hard to comment on your diet when you didn't post it. From the info you provided, i'd personally lower carbs and bring fats up a bit, but still want to see the diet first. Generally, the plan looks decent. I like the fasted cardio. You are already carb cycling by default, and I wouldn't personally recommend keto.

Do you have pics?

Post up your specific diet (training and non training days) with time of day for each meal, accurate macros, and where your workout fits into the schedule.

Ok heres my diet.

Training days

Meal one- 2 cups egg whites, 1 scoop whey, one cup oats (72g pro, 52g carbs)

Meal two- 2 turkey burgers, two whole eggs, 4 slice whole wheat bread (66g pro, 72 g carbs, 9g fat)

meal 3- 8 oz chicken breast, cup of broccoli, 2 tbsp olice oil (64g pro, 29g fat)

Lift

PWO shake- 80g waxy maize, then 15 minutes later 3 scoops whey (72 g pro, 80g carb)

PPWO meal- 9 ounce steak (fat trimmed), 2 cups whole wheat penne measured uncooked (83g pro, 80g carbs)

Meal 6- 2 cans tuna, cup of broccoli, 2 tbsp olive oil ( 52g pro, 24g fat)

409 g pro, 284g carb, 62g fat.

Non training

Meal two- 2 turkey burgers, two whole eggs, 4 slice whole wheat bread (66g pro, 72g carbs, 9g fat)

meal 3- 8 oz chicken breast, cup of broccoli, 2 tbsp olive oil (64g pro, 29g fat)

meal 4- 9 ounce steak (fat trimmed), 2 Brocolli(69g pro)

Meal 5- 2 cans tuna ( 52g pro)

Meal 6- shake before bed- 3 scoops whey, 2 tbsp olive oil (72g pro, 24g fat)

395 g pro, 124g carbs, 62g fat)

Im layed off right now, and in school monday and tuesday night for my masters, so the time of day I get up changes each day, but its ussually around 8am. I space my meals 3 hours apart. Lifting days I eat meal 3 an hour before I lift, spend two hours in the gym, then take in the waxy maize right after and protein shake 15 minutes after that. Then my PPWO meal is one hour after my shake.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Post pics, your stats read pretty impressive.

bold

Quote Originally Posted by usd610 View Post
    Ok heres my diet.

Training days

Overall protein seems high, you can prob afford to make this 1 cup of whites, and add a whole egg or 2

Meal two- 2 turkey burgers, two whole eggs, 4 slice whole wheat bread (66g pro, 72 g carbs, 9g fat)

meal 3- 8 oz chicken breast, cup of broccoli, 2 tbsp olice oil (64g pro, 29g fat)

Swap meals 2 and 3 so your protein/carb meal is eaten pre-workout. Carbs fueling you = a more intense workout and higher insulin levels, shuttling nutrients into starving/sensitized cells. Are turkey burgers pre made, or do you make them yourself? If pre made, watch out for filler garbage, preservatives, and sodium. I would replace whole wheat bread with a cleaner carb source (oats, sweet potato, yam, quinoa, brown rice, basmati rice, lentils, beans, etc) but not a huge deal so long as it's real good quality brown bread. Try and stick with something flourless like Ezekiel. 2tbsp of olive oil can be dropped to 1 - fats added back in at meal 1 w/ whole eggs

Lift

PWO shake- 80g waxy maize, then 15 minutes later 3 scoops whey (72 g pro, 80g carb)

PPWO meal- 9 ounce steak (fat trimmed), 2 cups whole wheat penne measured uncooked (83g pro, 80g carbs)

Good PPWO meal. Pro and carbs probably a bit on the higher side, but food choices are good

Meal 6- 2 cans tuna, cup of broccoli, 2 tbsp olive oil ( 52g pro, 24g fat)

Tuna is great, but it would be better in your PPWO meal since it's much faster digesting than steak. The steak would be best eaten here before bed. However, I get it that tuna + penne might not be the best combo. Chicken would be a good alternative to tuna and would be great with pasta. Again, 1tbsp of EVOO would be plenty

409 g pro, 284g carb, 62g fat.

I think protein would be fine at 350g, that's more than 1.5g/lb of LBM which is plenty on a cut. You need to monitor your progress and adjust carbs and fat accordingly. If you are NOT losing, i'd slowly lower carbs. If you are losing too fast, i'd slowly increase fats

Non training

Same as above

Meal two- 2 turkey burgers, two whole eggs, 4 slice whole wheat bread (66g pro, 72g carbs, 9g fat)

I'd do the whole eggs in meal 1 (and 1 cup egg whites instead of 2)

meal 3- 8 oz chicken breast, cup of broccoli, 2 tbsp olive oil (64g pro, 29g fat)

1tbsp

meal 4- 9 ounce steak (fat trimmed), 2 Brocolli(69g pro)

Nice - but don't forget to count fat here. Trimmed doesn't mean there's none

Meal 5- 2 cans tuna ( 52g pro)

Add veggies and some EVOO

Meal 6- shake before bed- 3 scoops whey, 2 tbsp olive oil (72g pro, 24g fat)

Make it casein instead of whey, 2 scoops is plenty, 1tbsp EVOO. OR do cottage cheese or beef (best choice)

395 g pro, 124g carbs, 62g fat)

I like where carbs and fats are, protein again is a bit high IMO

Im layed off right now, and in school monday and tuesday night for my masters, so the time of day I get up changes each day, but its ussually around 8am. I space my meals 3 hours apart. Lifting days I eat meal 3 an hour before I lift, spend two hours in the gym, then take in the waxy maize right after and protein shake 15 minutes after that. Then my PPWO meal is one hour after my shake.
    Not bad bro, I think my changes will dial you in a bit more but it all comes down to you monitoring, no matter what. I would like to see the actual times of day you're eating these meals next time you post

Definitely gonna give those tweaks a try gbrice75. Thanks for the solid advice. I'm gonna try to get some
    Decent pics to post up and update to keep track of my progress. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by usd610 View Post
    Definitely gonna give those tweaks a try gbrice75. Thanks for the solid advice. I'm gonna try to get some
    Decent pics to post up and update to keep track of my progress. Thanks again.
    Good deal bro, looking forward to seeing your progress.

decided to replace the turkey burgers with 6oz venison steak, and the bread with another cup of oats

Thread Information