usd610 is offline New Member

How do these new macros look?

My diet is posted in a nother thread, dont really think it will be needed here but I can post it if need be.

The macros I am working with daily are going to be 404g pro, 256g carbs, 64g fat on lifting days, which comes out to 3216 cals. Then 404g pro, 114 carb, 78g fat on off days. 2774 cals

Only difference is replace PWO shake with pro/fat meal- venison, and 1/2 tbsp olive oil, and replace PPWO with a pro/fat meal.

Im 26, 6'3" 230lbs and 11%bf, how does this look for retaining LBM and dropping some decent BF over the next two months. Id like to make it to 8-9%,

And I do 45 min fasted cardio in the AM, 5 days a week and 30 min PWO 3 days a week.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Not bad, but I think protein is higher than it needs to be. I wouldn't go over 350g, that's plenty for your stats. Monitor carbs for +/- based on your progress, and fats can probaby come up a bit IMO.

Love the cardio schedule, exact same schedule as mine.

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    yea dont u generally want carbs higher than protein so your body runs off that and not the protein? if you weigh 230, as gbrice said go for about 1.5times body weight in protein which is 345g protein

Quote Originally Posted by gthom47 View Post
    yea dont u generally want carbs higher than protein so your body runs off that and not the protein? if you weigh 230, as gbrice said go for about 1.5times body weight in protein which is 345g protein
    The OP stated his goal is to reduce bodyfat and maintain LBM... basically a cut. I would never suggest carbs being higher than protein. Bulk is another story.

That said - energy will be fine if his numbers are close to accurate. Most important is that you monitor closely and adjust as needed until you're completely dialed in.

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    sorry space out on that part. then yea protein needs to be higher as gbrice said.

Gthom, he was stating that for a cut protein should be higher then carbs, not that my protein needs to be higher. im at 1.75g of pro per lb of BW. Im gonna see how that works for a couple weeks, then if need be drop to 1.5, and possible lower carbs more depending on how my body reacts.

usd - do you have any pics you can post? Impressive stats bro.

Not at the moment, I think the last ones I have were from about a year ago when I was around 215 and about 15%bf. I'll see if the gf can bring a camera over sometime this weekend.

^ ^ nice

Cracovia82 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usd610 View Post
    Not at the moment, I think the last ones I have were from about a year ago when I was around 215 and about 15%bf. I'll see if the gf can bring a camera over sometime this weekend.
    Snap some pics of her while you're at it. ...............J/K Similar stats yours and I noticed a BIG diff when reducing carbs. What worked for me was getting in around 150g carbs, then in the final weeks of the cut I dipped to under 100g. Protein in take was the same, around 250g -300g. Felt a little lethargic at first, just not being used to these lo-carb diets, but later on I was good. A couple of those Emergen-C's and I was good to go.

Thread Information