Need a little help with BF%

right noe my BF is at 17-19% and i need to lose down to around 12-14% before i begin my next cycle in 4 months,my current diet im on is 4000 cals perday on a 40/45/20 split,im 45 and its tough keeping bodyfat off at my age,i do cardio 5 days a week for 45 minutes,i eat clean and lean proteins my list of proteins:

Solid White Albarcore white tuna fish
    chicken breast,boneless,alaways grilled or baked
    lean ground beef
    lean steaks
    egg yolks
    egg whites
    peanut butter
    whey protein
    casien protein
    pro complex gainer,use once/day in the morings for uping my calories
    lean ham and turkey
    Skim milk

carbs:
    steel rolled oats
    green beans
    malotdextrin/dextrose-post workout
    whole grain bread
    brown rice

flax seed
    omega 3 fats
    olive oil

drink 1 gallon og water a day
    try and limit m y sugar intake to little as possible

never had a diet written for me or a plan to follow,i know how to eat clean,i just need help in losing a little bit of body fat

one big problem i just found out about is i had my estradiol levels checked few weeks ago and they were extremely high,like 126.5pg/ml out of the 10-50pg/ml range,im on trt lifetime,and endo never presricbed me an a.i and most of my test has converted to estrogen,hence hilding way to much water,since have added an a.i to get the estrogen down

my salt intake is low as well,i cant figure out where all my body fat is coming from.....may sound dumb guys,but a need a little advice and help,thanks

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I missed your age/ht/wt. The guy in the avy is over 20% bf, so if that's you throw up some current pics, 4000 cals is too high to be burning bodyfat, IMO. Also if you wrote out your meal plan with exactly what you eat and when, and you need to include macros in that, we will guide you down the correct path.

Welcome to the diet section, this is your first step on the road to fat reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I missed your age/ht/wt. The guy in the avy is over 20% bf, so if that's you throw up some current pics, 4000 cals is too high to be burning bodyfat, IMO. Also if you wrote out your meal plan with exactly what you eat and when, and you need to include macros in that, we will guide you down the correct path.

Welcome to the diet section, this is your first step on the road to fat reduction.
    sorry man....Im 44 years old 6'5 279 and that picture in my avatar was made in 2009,i dont have a current picture of myself,i have lose some of the fat,bf,that is i was at like 290 and ive lost 11lbs.....my biggest problem i think is i hold alot of water because of me being on TRT and me just getting my estradiol levels checked and it was way high,and im holding lots of fluid,and to i dont know how much at all about macros and writing them down when i eat,i d ont measure my food,i just look at the labels and sorta go by that,anf my calorie intake is more like in the 3500 area than 4000,and i dont know keep up with fat intake,which everything i eat is fat free or i cut the fat off all lean meats etc and i watch the saturated fats,trans fats etc,cause i have high cholesterol and i havet to watch what i eat and i do take care of myself,i have a family history of heart disease and high cholesterol,so i kow how and what to eat,im going to write down an actual 1 day meal plan i ate one day last week,all the info is not there but you will get the idea of when i eat and what i eat and what are the calories,proteind,carbs etc....im not dumb lol i just dont know how to do the macro thing,i dont measure my foods,we dont have any diet trainers here where i live,and ive just picked up what i know from different forums so here goes and dont flame me to bad,im just wanting to learn man

Meal 1-wake up 5 am
    4 scoops of Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex Gainer-625 calories/60g protein/85g carbs
    16oz of Skim Milk-200cal/16g protein/11.9g carbs
    1 cup of steel rolled oatmeal-300cal/10g protein/54g carbs

Meal 2-8 am
    5 eggs-500cal/30g protein/5gcarbs
    2 pieces of 100%whole grain bread(toast w/o butter or jelly) 140cal/8g protein/30g carbs

Meal 3 10:30(pre-workout meal)
    2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter-188cal/8g protein/12g carbs
    2 pieces of 100% whole grain bread-140cal/8g protein/30g carbs
    1 banana-86cal/1g of protein/35 carbs

Post workout shake-2 scoops of Optimum Nutitions 100% whey-220 cal/50g protein/4g carbs
    16 oz of Skim Milk-200 cal/16g protein/11.9 carbs
    3 tablesoons of dextrose-15 calories/4 grams of carbs

Meal 4-2pm-2 Solid white albacore tuna fish sandwitches-344calories/68g of protein/56 g carbs

Meal 5 5pm-lean hamburger steak-170 calories/30g protein/15 g carbs
    sweet potato-150 cal/2g protein/22g carbs

Meal 6-8pm-1 Protein Bar-200 cal/24g protein/25g carbs

Meal 7 10pm-bedtime
    Optimum Nutrition's 100% Casien protein-1 scoop-120cal/24g protein/3 carbs
    16oz Skim milk-200 cals/16g protein/11.9 g carbs

total calories,protein,carbs

Calories-3948 calories
    Protein-390 g protein
    Carbs-404 g carbs

like i said it,i dont know how to write down macros etc or measure foods i eat,this is pretty much what i do everyday.......jsut dont flame me to much,i just need some help and direction thank you

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm too tired to get in depth with the diet right now, but even with your stats, I believe 4k calories is WAY high to be losing bodyfat. You're running a bulk cycle. I noticed you didn't post the fat macro; is it accounted for in the calorie total? If not, you're probably eating closer to 5k.

Carbs are ridiculously high, you can lower your calories by cutting that macro in half right off the bat. that's 800 calories right there. Start by losing all the sugary stuff - milk, dextrose (please, on a cutting diet?), etc.

Meal 3 has no protein, just fat and carbs. Meals 4 and 5 are the only quality protein meals you have, well maybe meal 2 but it's way high in fat. Stop taking gainer powder when you're trying to LOSE. Start eating more real food and fewer shakes. More meals like 4 and 5, fewer like 3 and 6.

Protein is pretty spot on, 350g would be where I would have put you at. You need to figure out your fat intake ASAP!
    Last edited by gbrice75; 04-28-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'm too tired to get in depth with the diet right now, but even with your stats, I believe 4k calories is WAY high to be losing bodyfat. You're running a bulk cycle. I noticed you didn't post the fat macro; is it accounted for in the calorie total? If not, you're probably eating closer to 5k.

Carbs are ridiculously high, you can lower your calories by cutting that macro in half right off the bat. that's 800 calories right there. Start by losing all the sugary stuff - milk, dextrose (please, on a cutting diet?), etc.

Meal 3 has no protein, just fat and carbs. Meals 4 and 5 are the only quality protein meals you have, well maybe meal 2 but it's way high in fat. Stop taking gainer powder when you're trying to LOSE. Start eating more real food and fewer shakes. More meals like 4 and 5, fewer like 3 and 6.

Protein is pretty spot on, 350g would be where I would have put you at. You need to figure out your fat intake ASAP!
    thank you ver much for you advice and post man,i dont know how to figure my fat intake,seriously,i dont know how macros work and how to plan a diet out,cutting esp,i agree i do need to stop the dextrose and gainer shakes,thats a lot of unnecessay carbs i could do with out,and is skim milk that bad to take with my post workout shake and bedtime shake? also meal 3 my peanut butter sanwitch and banana is my pre workout meal,isnt that a good meal to eat before i work out,or what type meal should i eat before i work out?....the reason i take the gainer shake is to use as a calorie booster,stupid i know,but thats the only time i take the gainer shake is when i first wake up,and the added oatmeal is too add carbs for energy throughout the day and for my workout,which i can change,would a regular whey shake as soon as i wake up be better? i can use water for my shakes,but i like milk better and thats why i use the skim milk,which still has un-needed sugar and no the fat is not included in my total calorie for the day....................i know its a messed up diet man,but as i mentioned,i need help on how to write my own diet and have a plan to go by so that i know my schedule,i can get rid of sugar,and the gainer shake as well,and drop the peanut butter and banana pre workout,ive just never been educated enough on what to do and how to do it,esp measuring everything,which i dont have a measuring machine either,i really want to do the right thing and i will be up to anything you havet to say,i just need some help my friend,and i hope you can and will help me out as much as you can,and thats if you want to,that may be asking alot of you and you may not have the time,but just something as a guide would be great from you if you would just give me a chance to learn,and i will listen and do what you tell me,heck brother im 44 and i want to be in the best shape i can be in for my age,my main thing is i want to grow muscle and be bigger than i am,but without the fat,i hope you will consider helping me my friend

I am not sure what time you get up and start eating so I'll put some times in here but you may not eat at the times I post. I personally totally understand the skim milk for taste issue, I would suggest you try to go without, if you really can't you can use it for your pre-workout drink, I'll even go half skim milk and half water sometimes. I didn't calculate the macros, but this is should be close to perfect for you to start with.

16 oz of water upon waking before eating anything.

6am 3 whole eggs 6 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal with one scoop(this should be a half serving) whey protein.

9am 12oz white meat(fish or chicken) 1 cup of tabouli or steamed veggies

12pm 12oz white meat(fish or chicken) 1 cup of tabouli or steamed veggies

3pm 12oz white meat(fish or chicken) 1 cup of tabouli or steamed veggies

6pm 12 oz white meat(fish or chicken) 1 cup of tabouli or steamed veggies

9pm 12 oz lean red meat, 1 baked sweet potatoe dry, 1/2 cup cottage cheese or 1/2 raw avocado. You can put salt and pepper on anything, you can put vinegar on the potatoe if you like and lemon juice on the avocado if you choose that instead of the cottage cheese.

This will be on non-workout days on workout days do the exact same thing except do a PWO shake of Whey protein mixed with water. Drink one gallon of water throughout the day on non-workout days and two gallons on workout days, not counting the 16 oz you drink when you wake up. This diet is like mine, I keep things very simple, easier for me to stick with.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I am not sure what time you get up and start eating so I'll put some times in here but you may not eat at the times I post. I personally totally understand the skim milk for taste issue, I would suggest you try to go without, if you really can't you can use it for your pre-workout drink, I'll even go half skim milk and half water sometimes. I didn't calculate the macros, but this is should be close to perfect for you to start with.

16 oz of water upon waking before eating anything.

6am 3 whole eggs 6 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal with one scoop(this should be a half serving) whey protein.

9am 12oz white meat(fish or chicken) 1 cup of tabouli or steamed veggies

12pm 12oz white meat(fish or chicken) 1 cup of tabouli or steamed veggies

3pm 12oz white meat(fish or chicken) 1 cup of tabouli or steamed veggies

6pm 12 oz white meat(fish or chicken) 1 cup of tabouli or steamed veggies

9pm 12 oz lean red meat, 1 baked sweet potatoe dry, 1/2 cup cottage cheese or 1/2 raw avocado. You can put salt and pepper on anything, you can put vinegar on the potatoe if you like and lemon juice on the avocado if you choose that instead of the cottage cheese.

This will be on non-workout days on workout days do the exact same thing except do a PWO shake of Whey protein mixed with water. Drink one gallon of water throughout the day on non-workout days and two gallons on workout days, not counting the 16 oz you drink when you wake up. This diet is like mine, I keep things very simple, easier for me to stick with.
    thanks for the help,this will get me going in the right direction man!!!

you are welcome

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    thank you ver much for you advice and post man,i dont know how to figure my fat intake,seriously,i dont know how macros work and how to plan a diet out,cutting esp
    You seem to have your protein and carbs figured out. Fat is no different except that 1g fat = 9 calories, while 1g of protein or carbs = 4 calories.

i agree i do need to stop the dextrose and gainer shakes,thats a lot of unnecessay carbs i could do with out,and is skim milk that bad to take with my post workout shake and bedtime shake?
    It's not the worst for PWO, but I wouldn't do it before bed. Sugar right before bed is not optimal, especially on a cut diet

also meal 3 my peanut butter sanwitch and banana is my pre workout meal,isnt that a good meal to eat before i work out,or what type meal should i eat before i work out?
    No, it's terrible! Where's the protein? Where's the complex carb to fuel your workout? You should be eating a lean protein and around 50g complex carbs (oats, brown rice, lentils, beans, sweet potato, etc) and a bit of fat (1tbsp of PB or EVOO for instance) to slow absorption of nutrients

....the reason i take the gainer shake is to use as a calorie booster,stupid i know,but thats the only time i take the gainer shake is when i first wake up,and the added oatmeal is too add carbs for energy throughout the day and for my workout,which i can change
    Why would you want a calorie booster if you're looking to cut bodyfat?

would a regular whey shake as soon as i wake up be better? i can use water for my shakes,but i like milk better and thats why i use the skim milk,which still has un-needed sugar and no the fat is not included in my total calorie for the day
    Yes! Either have a whey shake + a couple whole eggs and some whites (maybe 6) + 1/2 to 1 cup oats, OR have the protein shake immediately upon waking, then have the whole food meal 30 mins later

i dont have a measuring machine either
    Buy a food scale, this is impossible to do without one! You need to weigh everything!

heck brother im 44 and i want to be in the best shape i can be in for my age,my main thing is i want to grow muscle and be bigger than i am,but without the fat
    I'm not too far behind you at 35. We're all here for the same reason bro! Structure a good diet starting with a few guidelines:

* Try to eat 6-8 smaller meals per day

* lean protein source in EVERY meal. Some examples: boneless skinless chicken or turkey breast, white fish (tilapia, flounder, etc), egg whites, protein powders (where appropriate; try and stick with whole food for the most part), etc

* Focus your carbs around your workout (pre and post) and in the first meal of the day. Examples: Sweet potato, yam, quinoa, lentils, beans, brown or basmati rice, oats, whole grain pasta and breads (not as good as the other sources though)

* Small serving of healthy fats in your non-carb meals. Examples: Nuts, nut butters, oils (olive, macadamia nut, etc), avacado, fish oil

* Natural Protein/Fat sources: Lean cuts of steak and beef, whole eggs, oily fish (salmon, sardines, spanish mackerel, etc) - any of these are good for protein/fat meals without having to add the extra fats (nuts, oils, etc)

Do TONS of cardio. Try 45 mins to 1 hour of am cardio, fasted. Keep intensity relatively low. Also try and do 30 mins of PWO cardio - higher intensity/HIIT

Hope this helps

Thread Information