falco21 is offline Associate Member

Need a Little Change (Pics)

I have been doing cardio, eliptical for 30 minutes and treadmill for 30 minutes, every day for the past 4 days. So far it has felt great and I can't wait to run everyday. I think though, that my diet needs to change. I seem to have gotten stuck and I feel a big part of that is my diet. I was on a keto diet, but I feel maybe as if I should start a low fat diet instead. Any opinions on what maybe would get me over this hump? I have lost quite a lot of weight so far, but want to lose a little more. I am finally going home from school in 13 days and wanted to try and lose as much more as I can before I get home. Everyone at home is dieing to see me since I have lost around 45 pounds since they last saw me. Any help to get through this wall will be awesome.

Here is 3 pictures. One of me from when I weighed 249, one of me weighing in at 215, and the last one is me right now weighing in at 208. Also, what bf% does it look in all 3 pictures?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need a Little Change (Pics)-day-1.jpg   Need a Little Change (Pics)-day-30.jpg   Need a Little Change (Pics)-after-insanity-.jpg  

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    TBH, I don't see much of a difference between pics 2 and 3. Could just be lighting though. Big difference from the 1st one for sure, good job!

You said you WERE on a keto diet; if you're here for a change in diet but were on a keto, what are you doing NOW? How long were you on keto?

Well technically I am still on a keto diet. Just a different type. My keto diet before consisted of less than 30g, this one comes in to around 40g, but I was wondering if changing the diet around might allow me to break through this wall. I know there's no real difference in 2 and 3, that's why I said I can't get past this stage. The diet I am currently on is the Palumbo Diet for a 200lb man. I haven't been on it long, but I was wondering if maybe I need to reintroduce carbs, and try and drop the fat down.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Pic one 40% pic two 32% pic three 30.5%. Lifting would help the most, I know you aren't able to do total body from your other thread, but you should be able to do some resistance exercising, my $.02.

You think I'm currently in the 30's still?!?

This would mean my first pic is considered severe obesity and my 3rd one, Class I obese!!
    Last edited by falco21; 04-27-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by falco21 View Post
    You think I'm currently in the 30's still?!?

This would mean my first pic is considered severe obesity and my 3rd one, Class I obese!!
    You are confusing bodyfat with BMI for your obesity statements, I have a tough time judging because you don't have muscular development and although you are probably closer to 22% (you definitely aren't under 20%) it doesn't look as lean because you don't have muscle.

I'm going to disagree with the bodyfat estimates. 30's in the first pic, high teens, possibly very low 20's in the next 2.

As for the diet - you said you haven't been on keto for very long. You probably haven't even given it enough of a chance to do much. Either stick with it for an appreciable amount of time (a couple of months) or switch asap and stick with the new diet. Either way, consistency is the key. Jumping from diet to diet every few weeks will get you nowhere. Take it from me; you're hearing it from the king of this. :\

Yea I was just wondering if it was something similar to when lifting. Like muscle confusion. I know since the body tries to maintain homeostasis that it would be more beneficial to confuse it. I worded that last post poorly stating that I was not on it for very long. My first keto diet, I was on for 2+ months. That's where I lost all that weight from picture one to two. I then changed the diet because I hit a wall. Like I said I thought my body was getting used to it. I changed it to the Palumbo Diet, which I have been on for about a week and am still on. I was just wondering if maybe I should be doing something different.

The body doesn't work that way with diet. Yes, over time diets require modification - mostly due to changes in body composition which in turn has different caloric requirements. Generally speaking though, as long as a diet is producing results, i see no need to change it.

That said, I wouldn't run a keto diet for longer than 3 months, that's just me. I'd say give Palumbo another few weeks and if you aren't making progress, slowly add carbs back into your diet - first with mostly fiberous veggies, then you can introduce more starchy carbs, etc.

Ok that's what I needed to know. The diet makes me feel great. It was making me feel sick at first, like it said it will do, but then since then I feel great. Thanks gbrice for the help! You and others have been extremely useful in helping me overcome this feat. It's very hard to get through this and to have the dedication. You would know gbrice like you said. I really appreciate it

Hey, I changed my opinion to 22%, I was posting high because in his other thread, before pics, he said he was at 16%.

I said it was 16% because the calipers here at school said that I was. Wasn't quite sure. So I asked here to see what people thought

Just ordered Beyer Aspirin, Bronkaid, and Caffeine Pills to start my ECA Stack. I did my research and basically came up with a 25mg/250mg/350mg (Ephedra/Caffeine/Aspirin). Wondering if this is a good stack amount? Also, when are the best times to take it and how many times a day? I was also reading that it should be cycled on and off, what is the suggested cycle for this?

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    hey bro i see great progress i think your family will be happy anyways!! just curious did you do insanity i saw on the pics after insanity ( the shaun t thing on t.v. )

Yes I did Insanity, but the only thing was I didn't do the full 63 days. I had to have surgery 45 days into it. And still look at the difference. Unbelievable workout!! I'm excited to do the new one that just came out a week ago, Insanity Asylum! Can't wait man

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    falco21
    Just ordered Beyer Aspirin, Bronkaid, and Caffeine Pills to start my ECA Stack. I did my research and basically came up with a 25mg/250mg/350mg (Ephedra/Caffeine/Aspirin). Wondering if this is a good stack amount? Also, when are the best times to take it and how many times a day? I was also reading that it should be cycled on and off, what is the suggested cycle for this?.

2-3x/day. Drop the aspirin to 82 mgs/dose. You can find 82 mg enteric aspirin easily (dollar store etc..) Dont take eca late in the day . I never take it after 7 pm. 2weeks on /2 weeks off would be good.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 05-01-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    [I]falco21
    2-3x/day. Drop the aspirin to 82 mgs/dose. You can find 82 mg enteric aspirin easily (dollar store etc..) Dont take eca late in the day . I never take it after 7 pm. 2weeks on /2 weeks off would be good.
    Thanks! Quick question though, does it work better or faster if I take it 3x a day as opposed to 2x a day. One before I run in the morning on an empty stomach at 9am, one at Lunch time around 1pm and one before Dinner at 6pm.

Thread Information