uf21 is offline Junior Member

Diet for increasing metabolism?

High guys,

I was just curious to know if there are any diets specifically for increasing metabolism?
    I have a very slow metabolism which is why I only eat twice a day. My BF% is between 15-18% but if I eat more than twice a day I tend to gain weight easy.

Ive been reading about increasing metabolism but havent been able to find any diets plans specifically for increasing it?

So if anyone does know of a diet plan for it can you please write/post it up here

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uf21 View Post
    I have a very slow metabolism which is why I only eat twice a day.
    You got it all wrong, buddy.

You have a slow metabolism because you eat twice a day.

The question here is, do you workout? If so, let us know what does your training look like.

Then we can go on and talk about the right diet for you.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have a very slow metabolism which is why I only eat twice a day.

The question here is, do you workout? If so, let us know what does your training look like.

jfalco is offline Member
    A low gi diet and not going more than 3 hours without eating except when you are alseep will help to speed up your metabolism.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Weight training, cardiovascular activity, and just MORE activity in general will do more for boosting metabolism than diet will IMO. There are studies showing that meal frequency has no bearing on metabolism, with the small exception of 'thermic effect of food'.

With that said, my guess is you are undereating - not because of meal frequency, but because of WHAT you're eating in these meals. Severe caloric restriction WILL have a negative impact on metabolism. Whether you're eating 2 meals or 8 meals/day, make sure you're eating enough to promote a more active metabolism!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Increase your AM cardio, that will give your metabolism a small boost for the rest of the day

I havent trained in 3 months cause I lost my licence. another 2 weeks till i get it back

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post

I havent trained in 3 months cause I lost my licence. another 2 weeks till i get it back

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Weight training, cardiovascular activity, and just MORE activity in general will do more for boosting metabolism than diet will IMO. There are studies showing that meal frequency has no bearing on metabolism, with the small exception of 'thermic effect of food'.

With that said, my guess is you are undereating - not because of meal frequency, but because of WHAT you're eating in these meals. Severe caloric restriction WILL have a negative impact on metabolism. Whether you're eating 2 meals or 8 meals/day, make sure you're eating enough to promote a more active metabolism!
    So what you are saying is that it does not matter what I eat as long as I eat more a day? All over the internet it says to eat foods that require more energy to digest which in turn gets your metabolism working harder.

Also Can I please get a link to these studies just so I can have a read through it.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    So what you are saying is that it does not matter what I eat as long as I eat more a day? All over the internet it says to eat foods that require more energy to digest which in turn gets your metabolism working harder.

Also Can I please get a link to these studies just so I can have a read through it.
    Ive read through all your posts. Know what i would love to see? You putting forth at least an equal amount of effort before asking other to do so. Your post history is a somewhat comical read. How about you post a few studies showing its better to eat foods that require more energy to digest. After that post your diet exactly. Also post your workout when you were working out (you know before you lost your license). Then maybe someone would care to post studies for you at your whim as well as write a diet for you like you are asking. In fact why dont you get off your ass and do a little reseacrh - the very fact you are looking to diet to increase your metabolism when the obvious most effective way is activity (aka exercise of some sort)displays an ignornace i'm not sure can be overlooked. After reading your post history I am seriously questioning your intentions or purpose here....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Ive read through all your posts. Know what i would love to see? You putting forth at least an equal amount of effort before asking other to do so. Your post history is a somewhat comical read. How about you post a few studies showing its better to eat foods that require more energy to digest. After that post your diet exactly. Also post your workout when you were working out (you know before you lost your license). Then maybe someone would care to post studies for you at your whim as well as write a diet for you like you are asking. In fact why dont you get off your ass and do a little reseacrh - the very fact you are looking to diet to increase your metabolism when the obvious most effective way is activity (aka exercise of some sort)displays an ignornace i'm not sure can be overlooked. After reading your post history I am seriously questioning your intentions or purpose here....
    What are you trying to prove and what is your problem?

I never asked anyone to make me a diet plan nor did I ever say it's better to eat food that requires more energy to digest. If you read it properly what I was implying was that's what was mostly said when looking it up on google.

All I was asking was is there any diet plans that is tailored to speeding up metabolism. I wasn't asking anyone to make me one.

Oh and atm I do indoor soccer twice a week and before I lost my license I was doin indoor soccer twice a week and basic weight training 4 days a week.
    Last edited by uf21; 05-26-2011 at 06:20 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Very true - 95% of what you read on the internet and in magazines recommends people to eat 6-8 small meals/day, bla bla bla. There are reasons why this can be beneficial for some people, which I won't go into because they are outside the scope of this conversation. It will not have an appreciable bearing on metabolism. The old analogy about 'stoking the metabolic fire' has been disproven. You're right about one thing, but for the wrong reason. You said:

eat foods that require more energy to digest which in turn gets your metabolism working harder
    Agreed - eat foods that require more energy to digest. This has nothing to do with meal frequency. Eat a serving of oats vs. a serving of white bread. Eat lots of leafy green veggies. Whether you eat 3000 calories in a single sitting or over the course of 8 meals, your body still has to metabolize 3000 calories.

I don't have the studies handy at the moment. You can read up at www.leangains.com - look for the article "the top 10 dieting myths debunked"

Thread Information