ortiz35 is offline New Member

Milk vs water with whey?

I've seen opinions on both an here is my deal. I'm lining my diet out(I'll post later) this week an working out the kinks. I'm just curious if during a cutting diet is the milk once or twice a day with the whey is going to prevent the cutting? I can tolerate it with water just prefer milk. Thanks for everyone's input ahead of time!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    For me, no. When I cut i'm serious about it, and one of my goals is to keep sugar intake as low as possible. Milk has 12g of sugar per cup, so it's a no brainer for me.

I used to prefer my protein with milk instead of water too... I imagine most people do. It mixes thick and tastes much better. Start using water and eventually you'll get used to it. Or, do what I do: ditch the whey and go with a good protein blend that contains some casein. It'll mix up thicker even with water.

phoenix44 is offline Associate Member
    I never used water till I started cutting in Jan and I actually prefer just throwing the the protein in some shakers and I can add water anytime when I can't get my meal in

If you're already used to water, then why even ask? No point in going backwards, right?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Half water and half soy milk for me. Lactose intolerant.

Good deal, I honestly didn't even thing of the sugar which is stupid of me but yea I'll do the water then maybe look to a case in! Thanks guys appreciate the input

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Is there a difference in sugar between whole milk and skim milk? i prefer milk mixed shakes. ......just checked no difference in sugar just fat...darn

akali is offline Junior Member
    hey bro just do what i do, i got a low carb protein, low fat, less then 1g of sugar per scoop, i use a few different high end proteins ( isosensation, mitofusion, etc) i usually double scoop in 1 cup it tastes awesome. just double up your protein rather then 1 scoop, up it to two for flavour

Alright I'll try that out too, figured I don't have to mix it with too much water I don't want it too chunky but watered down isn't very good! Thanks man

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Ive seen some people use vNilla protein powder mixed with water as milk for say.. Cereal..

Trainwiser is offline New Member
    I use simply smart fat free milk with my whey. Yes it has 12g of sugar per cup but also a extra 10g of protein. Your body needs small amounts of sugar for energy especially after workouts!! not to mention it clearly tastes better, once you weigh it all out i dont care what anyone says a lowfat or fatfree milk is always the better choice.

^^ depending on ur goals small amts of milk are ok.. If ur cutting IMO milk is a "no-no".. 10g protein is hardly a good trade.. Sugar causes a raise in blood sugar which causes insulin to be reased which puts the brakes on fat mobilization.. If u cant mobilize ur fat into the blood u sure as heck cant burn it off.. Period..

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    Is there a difference in sugar between whole milk and skim milk? i prefer milk mixed shakes. ......just checked no difference in sugar just fat...darn
    No difference in any i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwiser View Post
    Your body needs small amounts of sugar for energy especially after workouts!!
    It does? News to me...

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Use egg whites - nice complimentary protein, NO sugar or fat. It mixes up thick and frothy too! Just be sure to throw in some complex carbs to aid digestion.
    I also like to use fat-free cottage cheese as a milk substitute. It mixes well too, I just like to add a little sweetener to it.

gonebluffn is offline Associate Member
    I prefer water and water only.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Your paying a lot for a whey supplement for the protein, you don't need milk for extra,it makes more sense to use water for many different reasons, I love milk but it gets pricey! Water is free and healthier!

lilarny is offline New Member
    I use coconut water. It has super low sugar and a lot of electrolytes. The texture is like skim milk. So it mixes a little thicker than just water. Taste good too.

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    Use egg whites - nice complimentary protein, NO sugar or fat. It mixes up thick and frothy too! Just be sure to throw in some complex carbs to aid digestion.
    I also like to use fat-free cottage cheese as a milk substitute. It mixes well too, I just like to add a little sweetener to it.
    I like those ideas oat.. Will def try the cottage cheese!

crossfire is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    i use unsweetened almond milk its pretty good.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    PWO shake w/ unsweetened almond milk is awesome!

Thread Information