JonesStreet is offline New Member

natural diet vs steroid diet

after doing some reading on this site checking out peoples logs and posts, its seems people trying to put on lean mass natty tend to have more carbs then protein and people on a cycle have high protein low carbs.
    sometimes 3-4 times the recommended protein amount.

does gear have anything to do with that or does it come down to whatever work best for the individual???

NotConvincedYet is offline Associate Member
    I'd say it depends on the individual. Everything is this game is very much individual dependant. What diet works for one person for cutting fat may not work so well for another. We have different sensitivities and tolerances for food, genetics vary, hormones vary... It's a very individual thing.

I would say that steroids do have some sort on impact on utilizing foods differently than when not on cycle, but I am unaware of the intricacies.

This is why it's so important to build a base with training and be extremely switched on with food before you start your first cycle. You'll know how to train, and what kind of foods and macronutrient ratio you respond best to to take most advantage of the anabolic effect when on cycle rather than just jab and hope that the drugs and shoving food in your mouth will produce results.

That's my take on it anyhow...

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    steroid sincrease protein synthesis, so if you eat the same diet- your body will extract more protein out of your food than normal instead of it ending up in your toilet bowel- this in itself increases muscle strength/size

having said that there is an argument that protein intake must be increased to take advantage of the increased synthesis.As your strength goes up , you ability to make new muscle also increases due to heavier weights- it reaches plataeu when your diet and digestive system cant keep ip with the constant energy and macro requirement needed to maintain a monster physique.

i dont think dropping carbs in favour of protein will be beneficial, as you increase muscle due to protein synthesis, you need to fuel your newly developed muscle, so you would also need to increase carbs..

its just the way i see it- eat as much of both as you can when on cycle- try to find that balance if you struggle to eat.

listen to your muscle and how they feel - (protein) , and how tired you feel (carbs)

cruyff is offline Junior Member
    I have heard from many sources that the primary difference in natural versus cycle diet is the necessary fat quantities. Since you are needing a decent amount of fat to maintain hormone production, you can disproportionately increase the protein and carbs on-cycle. I've also heard several sources claim that carbs (per calorie) have a much greater anabolic effect on the body than fats while on-cycle. Off cycle fat shouldn't fall below 30% of your calories I believe.

You can also utilize a much greater amount of protein on cycle.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Jones IMO when cycling i would start my diet the same as if i was doing a natty bulk..

500cals above tdee at 40/40/20 or 40/45/15 pro/carb/fat

Keep an eye on ur progress and adjust accordingly

Thread Information