Z-Ro is offline Senior Member

My attempt at IF--Intermittent Fasting--

Alright, after researching the subject I decided to give IF a go. I have been eating frequent meals spaced through out the day up to this point. After reading LeanGains blog (mind blown) and posts about intermittent fasting, both positive and negative, I figured I would try something new. My goal is to lose fat.

I have already experimented with it but am making a thread to be thorough.

Weight: 216lbs
    BF: 14%

Macros: 2,550 calories

320g P
    160g C
    70g F

~ 16hr fast/8hr feed window (12-8PM)

~ Work outs in the AM, if I go 2X a day, one in the AM, second after 1st meal.

~ Eating 3-4X during the window, with the 1st meal being the largest.

~ Main goal will be to hit macros 6X a week.

Does this look correct?

Would it be okay to have a cheat day 1X per week?

I listed my work out routine: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UJyAMI7wd0g

Be gentle.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you looked into carb back loading? It can take a lot of the advantages of IF, but then prevent muscle break down and allow you to get stronger while using it.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    g src="images/smilies/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" class="inlineimg" />

Was it a good read? I still haven't got round to it as I'm on IF at the moment too!

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Have you looked into carb back loading? It can take a lot of the advantages of IF, but then prevent muscle break down and allow you to get stronger while using it.
    I looked into it earlier after reading your post but not in depth.

So is the main idea that you tend to avoid carbs in the morning and consume a majority at or before bed time?

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post

Was it a good read? I still haven't got round to it as I'm on IF at the moment too!
    Are you happy with your progress so far?

jpowell is offline Banned
    carb backloading is weird--i have an ebook from a guy at my gym, wasnt interested after reading and then realizing like hold on, this goes against everything ive learned so far.

to the op--i think ill tune in here and go on the ride with you. as im curious as to how this works and what it does.
    good luck bro

Deon5 is offline Junior Member
    I've been using the traditional 6meal dieet for 9 months.I lost about 4kg of weight, but I was losing lots of muscle.Then I switched to If... In 3 weeks my abs started showing for the first time ever and as far as muscle loss, my legs have ingcreased in size.I'm really suprized with the results. IF has really helped me and I'm sure it will help you too, good luck and keep us posted

jpowell is offline Banned
    Deon--something was wrong with your diet perhaps--you only lost about 8 lbs in 9 months?
    Thas wierd.

But it seems you switched and found a good thing--u still using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

O sorry I just saw my mistake, I meant 9 weeks rather than 9 months..Lol anyway my dieet was spot on and I trained hard.But I'm on IF again yes and my energie is amazing.I can't wait to try a bulk on IF.

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    carb backloading is weird--i have an ebook from a guy at my gym, wasnt interested after reading and then realizing like hold on, this goes against everything ive learned so far.

to the op--i think ill tune in here and go on the ride with you. as im curious as to how this works and what it does.
    good luck bro
    Keep us updated. Especially if you utilize carb back loading.

Quote Originally Posted by Deon5 View Post
    I've been using the traditional 6meal dieet for 9 months.I lost about 4kg of weight, but I was losing lots of muscle.Then I switched to If... In 3 weeks my abs started showing for the first time ever and as far as muscle loss, my legs have ingcreased in size.I'm really suprized with the results. IF has really helped me and I'm sure it will help you too, good luck and keep us posted
    Honestly, I feel a difference after just the first week.

For me the most difficult days were 3 and 5. I was ravishingly hungry those days, so for anyone looking into this you defiantly are still on a diet.

I think I totally blew it on my cheat day though...ahhh! I destroyed cinnamon rolls and pizza.

O sorry I just saw my mistake, I meant 9 weeks rather than 9 months..Lol anyway my dieet was spot on and I trained hard.But I'm on IF again yes and my energie is amazing.I can't wait to try a bulk on IF.
    Have you used anabolics along with a IF diet?

No, just my protien shake and creatine.I actually dropped my fatburner because well I didn't need it.I found that a 4 hour eating window gave me the beste results in terms of fatloss. I started with 8 for a week, 6 hours the next week and the 3rd week I went down to 4hours of eating.How long is your feeding window?

No, just my protien shake and creatine.I actually dropped my fatburner because well I didn't need it.I found that a 4 hour eating window gave me the beste results in terms of fatloss. I started with 8 for a week, 6 hours the next week and the 3rd week I went down to 4hours of eating.How long is your feeding window?
    Right now I am at the beginning of week 2 on a 8hr feeding window.

So you just stuffed yourself in 4hrs? lol

Lol Yea it's tough but I'm running maintenance calories and I'm still losing weight.

Awesome read, really not for everyone though, and Imagine you out to be moving a substantial amount of lbs in training to make it work. I really have debated using it for my bulk I start this weekend, but think I'm going to save it for after the bulk. It may seem weird, and people say it goes against what they have learned. But a lot of the info in it is not new. There are tons of myths about diet out there that are unfounded, that we all think is the right way to go.

Particularly the eating late in the day bit, I've even had my father in law criticize me eating a late meal, but in actuality it's not going to just make me fat in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE

Awesome read, really not for everyone though, and Imagine you out to be moving a substantial amount of lbs in training to make it work. I really have debated using it for my bulk I start this weekend, but think I'm going to save it for after the bulk. It may seem weird, and people say it goes against what they have learned. But a lot of the info in it is not new. There are tons of myths about diet out there that are unfounded, that we all think is the right way to go.

Particularly the eating late in the day bit, I've even had my father in law criticize me eating a late meal, but in actuality it's not going to just make me fat in and of itself.
    Good to know brother! My buddy that's been using it for 5 months now has dropped to around 11%BF from 16%. He fully abuses the fact that he can stuff himself after training and often is eats takeout pizza and Chinese! I put this down to his body type more than the diet though!
    I may give this book a read though, IF is doing me pretty well so far!

Good to know brother! My buddy that's been using it for 5 months now has dropped to around 11%BF from 16%. He fully abuses the fact that he can stuff himself after training and often is eats takeout pizza and Chinese! I put this down to his body type more than the diet though!
    I may give this book a read though, IF is doing me pretty well so far!
    He says in his book that carb back loading is like IF evolved. On backloading basically don't have breakfast, and only have veggies fiber and fats and protein during the day before training, he claims that there is no metabolic difference between that and fasting, so basically you are getting nutrients but having the benefit you would get from IF, obviously with IF you are at 0 calories which has an effect but as far as using your metabolism to the fullest CB will accomplish it. I dunno if you thumbed through the resources but it's something like 60 pages worth.

I will read it before January. I have a planned experimental cutting course, so I may implement this along side it to see if I can really ramp it up!

I will read it before January. I have a planned experimental cutting course, so I may implement this along side it to see if I can really ramp it up!
    It takes like two seconds to read btw, I was intimidated at first thinking all those pages would take forever to go through, but seriously it's actually pretty small.

I just hate the idea of having to read books on my computer! I will man up though and read it, I promise :P

I just hate the idea of having to read books on my computer! I will man up though and read it, I promise :P
    I did it on my phone, downloaded an adobe reader and did it, sure made it easier cause I could read it like a book when I went places.

• Thread Information